spc
uniqs
Zappa2000
join:2001-12-16
Kalamazoo, MI

Zappa2000 to KoRnGtL15

to KoRnGtL15

Re: [HSI] What does everyone think of the new $200 activation fe

Hey, don't worry, since with your $200 fee, you get a "free" modem as well! You can't beat that.

In all seriousness, the new Charter commercials on TV say they are now offering "free" HD, and more! Now we know what the "and more" means.

Argh, Cork, you got me doing it now!

I still don't understand their current business model, they don't do promos for old customers, (so they rather lose people to the competition than keep them) unless you find that special person that can do them...
The prices are not inline with DSL's tiers, even though you get much faster speeds with Charter, they are losing a ton of $$$ since MaBell sells people the $25 /$35 /$38/$43 plan, which Charter has no equivalent model, Charter only offers either a $50 or $110 plan ?
You can't use your old perfectly working modem, unless, again, you find that special person that can set that up for you.
I haven't even talked about the TV side of things...

So what is Charter trying to do with this 'master plan' ?

cork1958
Cork
Premium Member
join:2000-02-26

cork1958

Premium Member

"So what is Charter trying to do with this 'master plan' ? "

Man!

If THAT isn't the $64,000 question, then there has never been one!!

INtheKnow
@charter.com

INtheKnow

Anon

Here is the bottom line as i see it. We live in a capitalistic economy ( at least for the time being who knows after the election )100 meg internet is a choice its like choosing to play golf at the country club instead of the public course. If you make that choice the you must pay a premium. Charter has decided to go this direction no one forces anyone to take that service. If no one pay the fee it will change. mean while when the next speed increase takes place 30 meg will probably move to 60 or 100 meg anyway. If I can can afford $110 per month then $200 one time fee isnt a big deal
88615298 (banned)
join:2004-07-28
West Tenness

1 recommendation

88615298 (banned)

said by INtheKnow :

Here is the bottom line as i see it. We live in a capitalistic economy ( at least for the time being who knows after the election )100 meg internet is a choice its like choosing to play golf at the country club instead of the public course. If you make that choice the you must pay a premium. Charter has decided to go this direction no one forces anyone to take that service. If no one pay the fee it will change. mean while when the next speed increase takes place 30 meg will probably move to 60 or 100 meg anyway. If I can can afford $110 per month then $200 one time fee isnt a big deal

Exactly. Now if 100 meg was the ONLY tier and they charged $200 for installation THEN it would be an issue.