share rss forum feed

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5
reply to rescue85

Re: Would like some advise on a new wireless router.

My advice would be to find a used old wifi router even of the G variety that people are getting rid of for free, until you have enough saved for the WNDR model.
Heck just in the last month I have thrown away so many old B and G wifi routers.

rescue85
In Memory of Guinness 03-30-07
Premium
join:2002-06-12
Eatontown, NJ
kudos:1

1 edit

Well, then, allow me to post this official request... If anyone has an old G router they would be willing to donate to a good home, please PM me. The router would be going to a great home and will be well taken care of! References available upon request

That is a great idea Anav, the only thing I guess would be finding someone that would be kind and willing enough to donate one to the cause.

I will see about where to post a request such as I have not known many places that would, one, allow me to post such a request (I hope BBR does not have a problem with me asking this) and two, finding someone who would be willing to donate one out of the kindness of their own heart.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys! I really do appreciate it!
--
Life is a giant fish bowl... There is no way out but up.. Team Discovery

Anav
Sarcastic Llama? Naw, Just Acerbic
Premium
join:2001-07-16
Dartmouth, NS
kudos:5

I dont have any left and the cost of shipping it from Canada to the US would not be cost effective but there has to be peeps in NJ with old G wifi routers that will do the job temporarily.

rescue85
In Memory of Guinness 03-30-07
Premium
join:2002-06-12
Eatontown, NJ
kudos:1

Anav, NP, Actually someone kindly PM'ed me last night offering to send me one. I PM'ed him back so I am just waiting to hear back from him. It's wonderful to know that there really are some awesome people left in this world willing to help! If this doesn't work out I will post back here.
--
Life is a giant fish bowl... There is no way out but up..