how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

fabf2

join:2012-10-11
North York, ON

[Extreme Plus] Extreme Hitron CGN2-ROG MSO or rogcesadmin passwo

I recently upgraded to this top-of-the-line Rogers wireless router/modem. I did this to improve my intra computer wifi data transfer rate.
Although it appears stable it does not seem to invoke any of the 802.11n high speed wifi features. Indeed they cannot be set through the cusadmin pages.

I have located a Hitron user manual (Hitron-CDE-30364) which refers to a non Rogers device which has an identical set of user setup screens but also has some screens not available to me on my device.
I would like to invoke dual 20/40 mode, fat channels, the 5Ghz channels in the range higher than 11 such as 36, 40 48 etc. but they are not presented.

Possibly Rogers has neutered this device or maybe they can be set in ces mode.

For the record, I get about 32Mbps sending a large video file from a ethernet connected PC to my wifi connected MacBookPro which definitely does have all the above 802.11n features missing from the Rogers box. This is not too shabby, but far from what one would expect from this device especially when located 5 feet away from the wireless modem.

So,if anyone knows the id and password for the ces or mso login to this box, please let me know.
Thanks

Telek

join:2009-11-03

Re: [Extreme Plus] Extreme Hitron CGN2-ROG MSO or rogcesadmin pa

Was there ever a resolution to this? I too am interested in the advanced wireless features, and the admin access.

Thanks!

fabf2

join:2012-10-11
North York, ON
Hi
No success really. I called rogers and Hytron and got no help.
I then bought an Apple Airport Extreme and got the full use of the 802.11.n 5Gig channel.
Inter computer speeds are much better over wifi.
Barry

wysiwyg1972

join:2006-11-05
Toronto, ON
I was able to set it to bridge mode myself, without the need to call Rogers...

Just disable the gateway function. Check this guide (section 2.6) for details. If function doesn't appear, do a hard reset on the modem first and connect to modem from port 1.

»www.westmancom.com/fileadmin/con···tron.pdf

yyzlhr

join:2012-09-03
Scarborough, ON
kudos:4
said by wysiwyg1972:

I was able to set it to bridge mode myself, without the need to call Rogers...

Just disable the gateway function. Check this guide (section 2.6) for details. If function doesn't appear, do a hard reset on the modem first and connect to modem from port 1.

»www.westmancom.com/fileadmin/con···tron.pdf

If you're renting the modem and using it in bridge mode, I'd suggest switching it to the Cisco one and saving yourself some money. No point paying Rogers an extra $1 a month for the "enhanced wifi gateway" when they can't even advise you on how to take advantage of all those features.