All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
TheHox
join:2012-05-31

TheHox to SipSizzurp

to SipSizzurp

Re: PTP link problem, 300ft with NanostationM2

Yes I got off 11, that channel was horrible.

I've tried channel 3, 4, and the one you just mentioned. Most I ever got was 30mbps, but just once. Average tests were around 15mbps.

I hooked it up to the router last night and everyone is using it, according to the MT router peak dl was 12mb, but I just saw it spike to 17mbps for a brief second. Still not happy with it, I've tried 20mhz width and 40mhz, channel shifting vs not, different ACK timings, AirMax on/off, adjusting the physical antenna.

I want to get something 5ghz to just test it compared to the 2.4ghz I have up. If anything it is a good learning experience for me. If I go 5ghz, powerbridge or nanobridge? Difference in cost of a few hundred isn't a huge deal if I can get the most out of it. I'd assume any device in 5ghz should be better than what I have here now. Or go crazy and go 10ghz?

Thanks again for the help.
join:2011-04-18

5.8ghz will blow the 2.4ghz stuff out of the water,

for 300ft you could use NanostationLocoM5's if you wanted.. Last year I did a shot in a small town about 4 blocks with two NanostationM5's and I was getting VERY close to maxing out the ethernet port. I highly recommend