uniqs
share rss forum feed

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

[ALL] Service calls -watch out!!

It now appears Cox now charges $59.95 for service visits. We've been having an ongoing problem with TV and just about ready to dump it and get an antenna.

I got my bill today and low and behold there's a $59.99 fee for the tech to come and visit. I was not informed about this nor did the tech inform me about this. I'm furious and shouldn't have never happened. Now, I'm paying $5.95 a month plan at top of a very expensive cable/internet. My mom and I needed bloodwork, I'm trying to take care of her and settle this issue.

Could anyone at Cox please shed some light at why I was charged the $60.00? He activated an outlet and handed me a cable while at the service call as he and I didn't like the splitter

The guy should have been upfront about a charge for activating an outlet.

Thanks, Rob

CoxTech1
VIP
join:2002-04-25
Chesapeake, VA
kudos:77

It appears it was a charge for activating a new outlet that you were billed for. I did see the Cox Service Protection Plan on your account which covers any wiring repairs that may be required however it doesn't cover installation of new outlets or other services.

Rob_
Premium
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL
kudos:1

Ahh he should have told me! Thanks! You have no idea how upset I was. I got enough crap on my mind let alone having to deal with this billing crap.

I hope you guys will train your installers/service techs about alerting us for a charge prior to an install.

-Rob