spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

HarrySnapple

@charter.com

[FireFox] Downgrade from FF 16 to 15.0.1?

I updated to FF 16 but it seems there are security issues and I'm having issues with right-clicking and selecting "open in new tab" (the new tab never opens).

I am running the latest Ubuntu .. is there an easy way to downgrade to 15.0.1? I don't want to mess up my package manager stuffs.

Txks.

art22gg
Premium
join:2005-02-16
Courtenay, BC
kudos:6

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
Why bother when the update is coming out tomorrow?

I'm still using 16 and it's still more secure than I.E.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

ctrip
Islam is a Religion of Peace
Premium
join:2002-07-16
New Cumberland, PA
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Why bother when the update is coming out tomorrow?

I'm still using 16 and it's still more secure than I.E.

»www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-19909106

JTM1051
Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-08
Moorpark, CA

1 recommendation

reply to HarrySnapple
said by HarrySnapple :

I updated to FF 16 ... and I'm having issues with right-clicking and selecting "open in new tab" (the new tab never opens). ...

IMHO that's why it's best to wait a couple of days and check here (and other forums) to see if users are having any problems with a new release.

I also always download each current release of Fx (as well as all the add-ons/themes I use) so in the event a update does not go well with one of "my" systems I can easily fall-back.

FWIW all of the programs/apps on my systems have the auto update disabled -- just provide notifications when updates are available. I install updates after checking the forums a couple of days -- over the years this has saved me from a LOT of update related problems.

La Luna
RIP Lisa
Premium
join:2001-07-12
Warwick, NY
kudos:3
reply to HarrySnapple
I'm leaving v16 in place. Not going to mess with downgrading then upgrading again. Hoping the patch will be released in the next day or two.

I haven't seen anyone else reporting your tab issue, but you are using Ubuntu, an entirely different animal. Maybe check the Linux forum to see if anyone else is reporting that issue there.

»All Things Unix
--
The Alien in the White House

19,694 DEADLY TERROR ATTACKS SINCE 9/11

mazhurg
Premium
join:2004-05-02
Brighton, ON
Reviews:
·MTS
Click for full size
Updated:

Santa Fe
Living With Diabetes.
Premium,Mod
join:2000-08-22
Freight Yard
kudos:5
So did Thunderbird. »Re: [Thunderbird] Thunderbird 16.0
--
Explore Xubuntu. Like It? Install It. [Love It]!

jig

join:2001-01-05
Hacienda Heights, CA
i checked to see what version i was running (couple of minutes ago) and it automagically downloaded the 16.0.1 update (was on 15) and now says i can hit restart to update. sigh. i think that means the update had already been applied. like others, i don't want to f-around with downgrading.

if anyone thinks the above might be managed in a way so that i don't get upgraded to 16, please educate me. thanks!
--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

JTM1051
Premium,MVM
Moorpark, CA
said by jig:

... if anyone thinks the above might be managed in a way so that i don't get upgraded to 16, please educate me. thanks!

Well if you're asking how to prevent Fx from auto updating;
Options, Advance, Update tab

Click on the bullet for the option "Check for updates, but let me choose whether to install them".

jig

Hacienda Heights, CA
i did that when i saw it was already downloading... but it appears that once the process is started, changing the options doesn't stop it.

oh well.
--
Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam.

beefy
It's A Dog's Life

join:2001-02-04
Burlington, ON

JTM1051
Premium,MVM
Moorpark, CA
Only see Fx 15.0, no 15.0.1?

Filehippo seems to have all the older versions: »www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

timcuth
Braves Fan
Premium
join:2000-09-18
Pelham, AL
Reviews:
·Charter
·AT&T Southeast
said by JTM1051:

Filehippo seems to have all the older versions: »www.filehippo.com/download_firefox/

As shown above, 16.0.1 is available now. It fixes the issue.

Tim
--
"Life is like this long line, except at the end there ain't no merry-go-round." - Arthur on The King of Queens
~ Project Hope ~

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9

1 recommendation

reply to JTM1051
Firefox - all releases - get it from the source
www.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/releases/

jig

Hacienda Heights, CA

1 recommendation

reply to timcuth
thanks all - that update was pretty quick.

JTM1051
Premium,MVM
Moorpark, CA
reply to timcuth
said by timcuth:

said by JTM1051:

As shown above, 16.0.1 is available now. It fixes the issue.

Tim

Post was a reply to the OP who was inquiring on 15.0.1 in case Fx 16.0.1. may not resolve his issues posted.
Expand your moderator at work