uniqs

The Doctor
join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc

1 edit

The Doctor to HiVolt

to HiVolt

Re: DSL vs. Cable

HiVolt think he is getting confused with node saturation making the connection slower.

Davesnothere
Change is NOT Necessarily Progress
Premium Member
join:2009-06-15
Canada

Davesnothere

Premium Member

said by The Doctor:

HiVolt think he is getting confused with node saturation make connection slower.

Yes, in some 'hoods, speed thru Cable is still pretty inconsistent due to clogged nodes.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by Davesnothere:

said by The Doctor:

HiVolt think he is getting confused with node saturation make connection slower.

Yes, in some 'hoods, speed thru Cable is still pretty inconsistent due to clogged nodes.

And so is DSL. I have the 25/10 VDSL service, and the speed is slower in evenings on non-multi-threaded downloads...

It's been like that since I got the service in march. I've given up asking about it, because TekSavvy can't do anything about it. It's up to Bell to upgrade the feed to the remote which currently has 1gbps interface, and can support an additional 1gbps.

The Doctor
join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc

The Doctor

I am in Montreal(Quebec) with bell and only had 2 slowdown.
99% of time my download are always 2.9mbit/s for 25/10 package.
It's mostly likely 1gbps interface is almost reaching saturation or bell is still playing games with the IISP somehow.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

said by The Doctor:

I am in Montreal(Quebec) with bell and only had 2 slowdown.
99% of time my download are always 2.9mbit/s for 25/10 package.
It's mostly likely 1gbps interface is almost reaching saturation or bell is still playing games with the IISP somehow.

Nah, the issue is the same if I use a Bell login, TekSavvy login or a Primus login...