Name Game
Premium Member
join:2002-07-07
Grand Rapids, MI

1 recommendation

Name Game

Premium Member

Flash Whitelisting in IE10?

"Did Microsoft just kill Flash? Internet Explorer 10 won't run Flash unless your site is on a Microsoft whitelist"

Flash whitelisting is only for Metro IE, not desktop IE.
»blog.rabidgremlin.com/20 ··· itelist/
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

I wonder how much more controlling and intrusive these idiots will become??

Dustyn
Premium Member
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
·Carry Telecom
·TekSavvy Cable
Asus GT-AX11000
Technicolor TC4400

Dustyn

Premium Member

said by 19579823:

I wonder how much more controlling and intrusive these idiots will become??

Aren't these the same idiots that helped create your safe and secure IE6? »/r0/do ··· 9/ie.gif
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Yes but they werent CONTROLLING and intrusive then!

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

1 recommendation

Smith6612 to Name Game

MVM

to Name Game

Re: Flash Whitelisting in IE10?

In a way, I'm sort of glad this is being done. Hopefully it will push folks to use HTML5 rather than stuff unoptimized Flash applets to run your entire website. Flash has been getting progressively worse in the stability and performance departments (minus video) after the days of Flash 8. Also, website designers have been getting lazy with Flash too.

Either way, I'm sure someone will find a way to disable the Whitelisting so the Metro UI can load Flash applets without restrictions.
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude

19579823 (banned)

Yes but im sure they wont keep quiet about it and M$ will just block it again!

Smith6612
MVM
join:2008-02-01
North Tonawanda, NY
·Charter
Ubee EU2251
Ubiquiti UAP-IW-HD
Ubiquiti UniFi AP-AC-HD

Smith6612

MVM

True. The same way they did around with the Metro UI Registry Hack that stopped users from being able to shut off the Metro UI unless a Metro application was specifically called. News broke out about that and they afterwards took it out of the dev builds and preview builds. I'm not sure if anyone has quite managed to find a way around that yet to this date, short of installing 3rd party mods that don't quite accomplish what that change allowed for.

Yet again, it will be a game between company vs. consumer. Microsoft releases updates to patch something folks exploit, and folks then release patches to unpatch what Microsoft had done without triggering automatic updates to realize something has changed, and from that point creating something that does not get removed except in cases like a service pack update.