uniqs

tlg
Premium Member
join:2001-08-23
Melbourne, FL

1 edit

tlg

Premium Member

[Internet] Poll: Have your issues been resolved?

We see frequent posting about Internet connectivity issues that get shuffled off to the private direct forum never to be heard from again.

Question is, have your issues been resolved, improved, or persist? Please include the issue, & what BHN has done to attempt to correct said issue.

Please also include the number of on-site service calls to date if any, and if you have spent money over and above your monthly subscription to attempt to resolve the issue(s).
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

100% of all issues brought to us here in the public or direct forums are addressed. I'm fairly sure this is prompted by your direct forums post that you revisited from several months ago this week. What you apparently don't know is I have been calling you without an answer since your bump of the thread. I have also had you on continuous monitoring since then without a single interruption in service. I will echo this post in your direct post as well. I have a plan which has been posted in your direct forums post.

Cisco Kid
@bhn.net

Cisco Kid to tlg

Anon

to tlg
Actually, my experience has been just the opposite. I have had issued solved using this Forum. However, having written that, I personally feel that the creation of the Direct Forum has taken the wind out of this open forum. I understand that there are times when your Post requires personal information...and placing that information in an open Forum would be inadvisable. The open Forum handled that security issue, you could send a private message. I enjoy reading what others have encountered and what was done to correct or satisfy them......and the Direct Forum has taken a lot of those Posts away from this Public Forum.

tlg
Premium Member
join:2001-08-23
Melbourne, FL

tlg

Premium Member

That's where I was going Cisco. We have no idea after it's moved to the direct forum of someone's issue that is similar was resolved or remains.

I tried to be as careful as possible in stating the questions as to not sway the response. Notice that I posted nothing about any issues I may or may not be having, only polling to find if other members share similar issues, and if there is a resolution.
OmagicQ
Posting in a thread near you
join:2003-10-23
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I have a direct forum post that appears forgotten. But its of no consequence since the issue seems to have resolved itself or was resolved remotely without notice.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by OmagicQ:

I have a direct forum post that appears forgotten. But its of no consequence since the issue seems to have resolved itself or was resolved remotely without notice.

Um... check your direct thread...you were not forgotten at all I was waiting for a response from you but instead we can take care of it by phone...number has been provided.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Cisco Kid

Premium Member

to Cisco Kid
said by Cisco Kid :

Actually, my experience has been just the opposite. I have had issued solved using this Forum. However, having written that, I personally feel that the creation of the Direct Forum has taken the wind out of this open forum. I understand that there are times when your Post requires personal information...and placing that information in an open Forum would be inadvisable. The open Forum handled that security issue, you could send a private message. I enjoy reading what others have encountered and what was done to correct or satisfy them......and the Direct Forum has taken a lot of those Posts away from this Public Forum.

Guys we have gone down this road before and its not going to change but I will explain again. The public forums and IM process is not a secure or proper method to engage one to one involving account specific data when it's needed. The direct forums are there for those who need the one to one attention and ALSO for those who don't want to post in public and there are many of those. It is your option to post where you want but once account specific information is required it will be in our direct forums only.

Those who post in public, go to direct and then get a resolution are open and invited to share their experience back in their public thread but it is at their option not yours nor should they feel pressured to do so one way or the other.
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to tlg

Premium Member

to tlg
said by tlg:

I tried to be as careful as possible in stating the questions as to not sway the response. Notice that I posted nothing about any issues I may or may not be having, only polling to find if other members share similar issues, and if there is a resolution.

You didn't need to TLG. Rather than beat the around bush I posted what prompted your question since you didn't and since you have double posted in direct today related to it. I also now know why I can't reach you. You changed your modem since your original thread was created and never updated your thread with the correct information. Kindly do that now so I can call you and wrap this up.

Thank you.
wgraham
join:2012-04-16
Winter Springs, FL

1 recommendation

wgraham

Just adding to the thread, *yes* my issue has been resolved in the Direct Thread. I appreciated the 1-on-1 environment of the forum that allowed me to have a direct conversation with the tech without others (no offense) throwing their ideas into the ring. Personally, I prefer it to private messages bouncing back and forth as it's easy to see all the relevant information at once.

Does this work for all situations? Not my place to say, but it worked for me.

Specific to the original post:
Issue: Intermittent loss of downstream with internet.
Fix: Replace equipment and bridge router.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to OmagicQ

Premium Member

to OmagicQ
said by OmagicQ:

Actually we will see you 10a-12p on Sat

neonhomer
Dearborn 5-2750
Premium Member
join:2004-01-27
Edgewater, FL

neonhomer to tlg

Premium Member

to tlg
Well... I can't specifically say my issue has been resolved, because I haven't really opened a case. It comes and it goes. Techs come and go, and things will be good for a while and then come back, then go away again.

So, for the short term... yes...
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by neonhomer:

Well... I can't specifically say my issue has been resolved, because I haven't really opened a case. It comes and it goes. Techs come and go, and things will be good for a while and then come back, then go away again.

So, for the short term... yes...

I can't help you if you don't open the thread
falcon2081
join:2012-08-16
Port Orange, FL

1 recommendation

falcon2081 to tlg

to tlg
My issue was taken care off very quickly.

PS: BHN I'm loving the asus router!
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by falcon2081:

My issue was taken care off very quickly.

PS: BHN I'm loving the asus router!

I knew you would....have you taken the Padavans plunge yet?
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to Cisco Kid

Premium Member

to Cisco Kid
said by Cisco Kid :

Cisco as you know I have helped thousands in both forums....it really hasn't taken the wind out of the public forums at all....we're still seeing a 50/50 split across both forums and then an additional boost in the direct from those who don't want to post in public. Forums participation has doubled or higher since direct was implemented overall but more importantly we have been able to solve more problems quicker than ever which is really what it's all about from my perspective. Honestly I would like to see the public forums be a place where our resident experts help and drive the momentum and I'm working on some things now to encourage that more than ever. Hopefully by mid December we can get that ball rolling...

Several of you have awesome skills and the willingness to share your experience with others. I can't think of a better environment than friends helping friends.
OmagicQ
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

said by OmagicQ:

Um... check your direct thread...you were not forgotten at all I was waiting for a response from you but instead we can take care of it by phone...number has been provided.

Thanks. I didn't understand you wanted me to give you a specific date and time. With other companies, my experience has been that I get an appointment assigned, for example "We will send someone out Thursday between 9am and 5pm"...service on my schedule is rare.
falcon2081
Port Orange, FL

falcon2081 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
I took the plunge no more than 5 min after looking at the stock firmware settings for the router lol. Didn't like a few things about it so I switched and Padavan's is miles better.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

3 edits

BHNtechXpert to OmagicQ

Premium Member

to OmagicQ
said by OmagicQ:

said by BHNtechXpert:

said by OmagicQ:

Thanks. I didn't understand you wanted me to give you a specific date and time. With other companies, my experience has been that I get an appointment assigned, for example "We will send someone out Thursday between 9am and 5pm"...service on my schedule is rare.

No worries...the operating philosophy here is and always has been to try and work around your schedule as clearly demonstrated by support that often continues well into the late evening, weekends and holidays. You choose this form of communication because its more convenient for you and I always do my best to continue that through all the way to the dispatching of techs as needed on your schedule whenever possible. This isn't always the fastest process because we go through a ton of question and answers and testing but when a tech is sent it's one tech visit and one resolution. Simply stated if you are reaching out to me late night your schedule is most likely already packed...my goal is to waste as little of your time as possible and get you that resolution the first time!
OmagicQ
Bakersfield, CA

OmagicQ to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Forums participation has doubled or higher since direct was implemented overall but more importantly we have been able to solve more problems quicker than ever which is really what it's all about from my perspective. Honestly I would like to see the public forums be a place where our resident experts help and drive the momentum and I'm working on some things now to encourage that more than ever. Hopefully by mid December we can get that ball rolling...

This forum is great but in cases where you are offline, unless you have alternative internet access available, you're stuck with having to call tech support. Maybe along with this forum, you could implement a twitter account for "public" things and then maybe text messages for the private stuff.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by OmagicQ:

said by BHNtechXpert:

Forums participation has doubled or higher since direct was implemented overall but more importantly we have been able to solve more problems quicker than ever which is really what it's all about from my perspective. Honestly I would like to see the public forums be a place where our resident experts help and drive the momentum and I'm working on some things now to encourage that more than ever. Hopefully by mid December we can get that ball rolling...

This forum is great but in cases where you are offline, unless you have alternative internet access available, you're stuck with having to call tech support. Maybe along with this forum, you could implement a twitter account for "public" things and then maybe text messages for the private stuff.

Where ya been . We've had twitter support for some time now....
BHNtechXpert

BHNtechXpert to falcon2081

Premium Member

to falcon2081
said by falcon2081:

I took the plunge no more than 5 min after looking at the stock firmware settings for the router lol. Didn't like a few things about it so I switched and Padavan's is miles better.

Yes it is....always follow the best routers for bridged networks thread here for status on updates. I always ask you guys to give me a few to test any new firmware....if I brick my router no worries....if you brick yours....that's a problem so I normally test things quickly and either give a thumbs up or thumbs down....those who are brave by all means go for it....just understand its harder to fix the brick...than to wait 12 hours while I test things just to make sure nothing wonky goin on.
falcon2081
Port Orange, FL

1 recommendation

falcon2081 to tlg

to tlg
^I always view that thread for updates. I have patience and wouldn't upgrade unless you gave the current build the go ahead to flash.

AMejia1976
join:2000-07-29
Kissimmee, FL

AMejia1976 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
We just curious about your magic and how issues get solved...

Knowledge is power...

BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by AMejia1976:

We just curious about your magic and how issues get solved...

Knowledge is power...

Understood however it is up to the customer to share the outcome or solution and in most cases what applies to them won't apply to your situation. Just because something appears to be x, y or z and looks like something you are experiencing doesn't mean that it is. Assumptions are bad things and there a thousand causes for the same symptom.
OmagicQ
Bakersfield, CA

1 recommendation

OmagicQ to tlg

to tlg
My issues have been resolved and everything works. Sometime in the future when I decide to upgrade routers, I know who I can count on to help me get the best one for my needs. I am curious to know how high up the ladder BHNtechXpert is to be able to help us as he does. Last time I got help like that was from the General Manager (the "boss") of the ISP I was using at the time.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by OmagicQ:

My issues have been resolved and everything works. Sometime in the future when I decide to upgrade routers, I know who I can count on to help me get the best one for my needs. I am curious to know how high up the ladder BHNtechXpert is to be able to help us as he does. Last time I got help like that was from the General Manager (the "boss") of the ISP I was using at the time.

All Bright House Networks employees are empowered to do exactly what I initiated for you. Facts are we all work as a team....this time it was my pleasure to introduce you to and work with the fine team in Bakersfield. Thank you again for giving us the opportunity to demonstrate just how special our customers are to us.
swbrains
join:2004-04-14
Land O Lakes, FL

swbrains to Cisco Kid

to Cisco Kid
said by Cisco Kid :

I enjoy reading what others have encountered and what was done to correct or satisfy them......and the Direct Forum has taken a lot of those Posts away from this Public Forum.

+1
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by swbrains:

said by Cisco Kid :

I enjoy reading what others have encountered and what was done to correct or satisfy them......and the Direct Forum has taken a lot of those Posts away from this Public Forum.

+1

Swbrains thank you for your googlized feedback however my response is the same as it was to Cisco. This isn't going to change as it had been an amazingly positive thing for all involved with faster addressing of issues and also a great conduit for those those who don't wish to participate in the public forums. Bottom line anyone who posts in the direct forums is free (at their option) to post a followup in the public forums but this is something they will do not us.

Your curiosity is understandable nonetheless and you are certainly encouraged to ask upon which I will inquire with the original poster and if they agree and only if they agree share the outcome.
swbrains
join:2004-04-14
Land O Lakes, FL

swbrains

I understand. Unfortunately, I fear that -- like myself -- most posters won't go to the trouble of posting twice for any issue that requires direct support (once here and once there). Nor will they want to go to the trouble of reiterating on the public side how BH responded in private and how their issue was ultimately resolved or not.

I realize this isn't a BH-created forum application, but I'd love to see an enhancement or feature to attach private info directly to a post such that the poster could select specific other users (like yourself) to view that portion of the post.

In most cases, 95% of the information posted in a direct forum message is non-private problem description and resolution information -- the stuff the rest of us could all benefit from reading. Usually it's only IP and MAC addresses or phone numbers that need to be transferred privately. It seems inefficient to have to post all the rest of the info twice just to protect a couple of private numbers.

I realize that's not your issue or BH's issue but instead a function of how the forum works and how it's being used. But I still get to voice my opinion.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by swbrains:

I understand. Unfortunately, I fear that -- like myself -- most posters won't go to the trouble of posting twice for any issue that requires direct support (once here and once there). Nor will they want to go to the trouble of reiterating on the public side how BH responded in private and how their issue was ultimately resolved or not.

But you must appreciate this is the posters option and not yours...by default you guys aren't entitled to know all and the expectation is neither realistic nor fair to impose your expectations on others. Instead you should appreciate that we value all user privacy and respect their decision to post an update or not post an update without peer pressure from the masses. There is something inherently distasteful about even stating such an expectation especially in todays society...where privacy is frankly reaching near commodity status.

Better yet if you have questions about a resolution why don't you send them a PM and just ask them instead of imposing your expectation to full public disclosure because you think you're entitled to it.

Sorry guys but I'm feeling the joy in this area and it has nothing to do with my BHN hat but instead my absolute respect for all users freedom to share or not share information at THEIR discretion..not yours. Most people who post about service related issues just want them fixed and almost none of them have anything to do with things you will encounter now or in the future so therefore the information you might have gleaned by an update is pretty useless...the sooner you guys realize this...the less likely you will be chasing your tail on a solution that doesn't apply to you instead of relying on the proper resource for resolution which would be me or your peers IF you post in the public forums only.

This may sound harsh but honestly I'm baffled by especially yours and Cisco's push on this because your history here in the past has left me with the impression that you value your privacy and right to post what you want when you want without pressure from others.

Thanks for your input however understand where I am coming from please....if they want to post an update they will...if not that is just fine too...either way nothing is going to change from that perspective. We have two forums...you may use either of the two but understand if I need to look at account specific things it will migrate to the direct forums at least for the purpose of getting the required data and what happens after that is completely up to the originator of the post...not me, not you, not anyone else.