spc
Search similar:

uniqs

butzuts
@myvzw.com

butzuts

Anon

modem droping phone service

My modem arris is dropping phone service. Does CV still give out the Cisco or Motorola d3 voice modems? Which worked better for me.

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

What makes you think that there's a problem with the modem? Maybe there's a signal or other issue that can be resolved with a call to customer service.
cablewizzard
join:2009-06-14
Woodbury, NY

1 recommendation

cablewizzard to butzuts

to butzuts
Please: No self-diagnosis and no self-medication in cases like this, for god's sake!

Please call this in, and have them come out and find out whatever is causing this: what happens to OOL when OV is dropping out? I'd expect OOL to become unavailable at the same time...
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

Ignore this if OOL drops at the same time (you should see Online light go out/flash if it does). The modem log (available at »192.168.100.1) may have some info:

Does your phone plug into a phone jack in the wall or right into the modem? Plug your phone directly into the modem to see if it continues to drop. If OOL doesn't drop, then it's most frequently a wiring or phone issue, so you can try a few steps without having to call in (and have them tell you the same thing).