CXM_Splicer
Looking at the bigger picture
Premium
join:2011-08-11
NYC
kudos:2
reply to Killersaurus

Re: Shrug

Why it is about IP NOW and it never was before? The Chinese have been copying designs for decades and yet we gave them our manufacturing anyway.

I don't know about you but if I see a Chinese knockoff as an option, I am all too happy to buy it. If an American company wants to send their labor to China, I have no qualms about using 'their product' while they get nothing. Luckily this stuff is easily available on the web and often has free shipping to the US. Payback is a bitch.

Killersaurus

join:2012-09-17

1 recommendation

It's the frog in the boiling pot of water. It all happened so slowly that no one realized there was a top-down coordinated effort from the Chinese to steal as much as they could in any way that they could and claim it as their own.

Foreign companies let their own greed blind them to the fact that the Chinese take the idea of synergy to an entirely different level than what they know. They were limiting their think to their own corporate structure, but the Chinese look at eveything on the national level. The idiots that thought they'd be saving money using cheap Chinese labor are now finding themselves muscled out of not only the Chinese market, but their own domestic market with the entire communist apparatus working against them.

At least people have woken up to this, though serious damage has already been done.