Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

cybersaga

join:2011-12-19
Welland, ON
reply to skullan3

Re: Looking for any Start DSL converts in rural areas

I'm a cable customer of Start, so I can't speak about the DSL, but I can speak to the customer service, which has been stellar.

The few times I've had to call in, I just tell them my name and why I'm calling, and I expect to be asked for my address or phone number or to spell my name or something, but they already have my info up by the time I finish telling them why I call. And it's not like I slow down to say my name, or have a name that's easy to spell. That's some careful listening right there.

The only time I had a problem was when I was overcharged for about two weeks because I had to change push out my start date, but then I was charged from the original start date. But when I called them about it, rather than refunding just the days I was overcharged, they just refunded me my whole first month. High five to that!

So yeah, customer service has been great.

Correction: that wasn't the only time I had a problem, but that was the only time it was Start's fault. The other time it was Cogeco's fault, and Start dealt with Cogeco to fix it.