MediacomChad
Mediacom Social Media Relations Team
Premium,VIP
join:2010-01-20
Gulf Breeze, FL
kudos:117
reply to wacko1128

Re: [IL] Ultra50?

Good to hear. If I may ask, what was the issue you found?

wacko1128

join:2010-03-23
Clinton, IL
Well really it was a total accident. I had reinstalled the drivers for my motherboard NIC already in this process of elimination, but thought that maybe I should roll back to the previous version (the newest version is not very new). In the process I uninstalled my driver then was in the process of installing the other driver, but encountered an error after a reboot (as part of the install process). Once I had logged in, the install failed. Almost immediately Windows Update started installing what appeared to be a generic driver for my NICs. Once it finished, I thought what the hell? and tried out some tests. What I posted last is representative of the speeds I was getting most of the evening and this morning (off-peak) I was seeing DL @ 53.09Mb/s and UL @ 5.50Mb/s.

I don't think that my issues were entirely on my end, but that the combo of the maintenance person's work and mine (was up late installing, reinstalling, & updating everything I could think of for several nights) that brought the service up to what was expected.

Still will be monitoring this to be sure this wasn't a fluke, so we'll see. Am hopeful though.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I am glad we finally got it figured out. Keep me updated and let me know if you have any other issues.

wacko1128

Clinton, IL
Tonight @ 7:30 PM CST:

And another:

Seems like around peak times DL takes a serious hit. These tests begin well over 40 Mbps then drop till the final result.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have double checked and I am not seeing any issues from here.

wacko1128

Clinton, IL
Thanks for checking. Don't know if there is any issue other than peak time usage. That's what I assume the problem is since at other times of day the service is much faster and consistent.

MediacomChad
Premium,VIP
Gulf Breeze, FL
Keep me updated if you see any other issues.