Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Cows

Premium Member

to Cows

Re: [MoP] 15% Healing Nerf - Why?

said by Cows:

The pet has about 250k health and dies very fast just need to kill it twice and CC healer. Also Pet AI is pretty bad as jumping off levels make him run a long way without doing dmg. But that's just what 2300+ teams are doing right now.

It's not nearly that simple.

250k health - while healer heals him, you're taking damage and blowing defensive CDs, all the while the Warrior and Huntard aren't having to use ANY defensive CD's and are all out offensive.

You kill the pet, and he's instant summoned with even more attention from the healer, who also hasn't had to blow any CD's because the pet has been focused.

With my warrior, I simply open with zerker and focus the healer (no, I'm not talking about BG's...) coordinating Beastial Wrath with the huntard and no healer can live through it so far without blowing virtually all of his CD's, significant mana, and his DPS peeling.

Have you actually played this? Or are you just reading forums that say "kill the hunter pet"?
said by Cows:

Arena's before were stupid when 3v3 games were 30min+ because healing was so good, they had to change something.

Balanced and long games don't correlate. I have no problem with short games. If a team focuses a healer and lets the Spriest and Warlock free cast it's their own fault for losing in the first three minutes of the game.

I will continue running Warrior/Huntard/Dk - but it's a complete joke of skilless spam. I felt better playing Beast Cleave back in the day.
Cows
join:2010-02-27

Cows

What are your two partners doing while you are getting pelted by the hunter and warrior?
Also are you standing out in the open while the hunter a warrior beat you?

I have done this, have you? or have you been reading the wow forums too much?

Either way I think we will see at least a month before any nerfs come to let everyone gear up and see how things settle.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox

Premium Member

said by Cows:

What are your two partners doing while you are getting pelted by the hunter and warrior?

As Rshaman/Mage/Spriest we've beat this comp against bad players by going extremely hard on the healer and purge/spellsteal spamming forcing the Warrior and Huntard to stop DPSing and peel.

This only works against bads.
said by Cows:

are you standing out in the open while the hunter a warrior beat you?

Your ignorance is showing. Please count the number of stuns/silences the warrior alone has, and how many trinkets I have. Then, remember above as we discussed that my teammates cannot Poly/Stun/Fear/Root the BM Huntard or Warrior.

You appear to be new to this. And or playing with a Hunter/Warrior?

Haha, you're the first person so relentlessly trying to justify these classes.
Cows
join:2010-02-27

Cows

What i have been doing is actively kiting them and using barkskin and might of Ursoc when i think i might get bursted on. but i really watch the hunter pet and warrior to try and keep away. Once he hits Stampe i have to avoid silence shot. Bestial wrath i dont worry about much.

As for what i play:
Resto Druid
Warrior
Mage
Preist is 88
DK is 88
Hunter i will likely level up next as they are very strong right now.

I really don't care what class they nerf or buff i will be playing them all, and i prefer to try and find ways to deal with things rather than quitting.

As for the comp you run with triple DPS yes it is very good but how do you do vs Warr, feral hpal? and Lock, mage teams as i would think those teams could melt your DK.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Shouldn't all of these comp discussions bear the caveat of what bracket you guys find yourselves competing in? There are breakpoint/thresholds where comps tend to balance out and shine, right? maybe that will matter after a couple of weeks of arenas have gone by to establish ranks.
• sub 15000
• 1500 - 2400
• 2400+
just a thought...
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

they didnt reset mmr immer so what you have now is what you had last season