spc
uniqs

IIgs
Premium Member
join:2002-10-05
Montreal, QC

IIgs

Premium Member

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

And things just get more fun....!

AS OF 3 PM, BELL CANADA HAS NOW DISCONNECTED MY POTS TELEPHONE LINE. I HAVE NO VOICE SERVICE -- NO DIAL-TONE. (oh, and hey, never got my Internet back during this mess).

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !

So, this is the 5th service disruption. WTF!!

Anyone want to take bets on how long this is going to last? Two weeks, a month?

HAH, see, I said they would probably disconnect my phone line!

Reboot123
join:2012-07-05
Montreal, QC

Reboot123

I feel ya, in 2008, when I was with Bell (since like 2000). I did not have net for 5 whole weeks and every time they would say call back in 48 hours.

Edit: it was a defective item on their side, I think the card line.
Expand your moderator at work

ughbell
@sunwave.com.br

ughbell to IIgs

Anon

to IIgs

Re: Bell/TSI "accidentally" disconnected my DSL!

This happened to me a couple years ago and I'm a bell internet & phone customer. It went through the same circles of incompetence of losing dial tone(and having zero voltage on the line, it was physically pulled.) Until I got customer relations/office of the president involved nothing helped or got my service restored. If you have bell landline get them involved »support.bell.ca/Billing- ··· omplaint has some directions.

While you're talking with someone high up calls you back, you can probably get them to get involved in your internet problem too despite not being directly a bell customer. They also have the power to issue you compensation, they gave me a couple months free for one disconnection. After 5 you probably wont be paying for your phone for a while.

It seems like everyone there is only following steps or procedures and no one cares enough(or aren't allowed) to go beyond what's directly in front of them. When big screw ups happen this breaks down even more and it all goes to crap until someone with the desire (or authority) to look deeper gets involved.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to IIgs

Premium Member

to IIgs
I guess Marc's conversation with the upper level boys didn't go so well (or didn't flow down to the field where it's SOP, "Disconnect all non bell customers".

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by elwoodblues:

I guess Marc's conversation with the upper level boys didn't go so well (or didn't flow down to the field where it's SOP, "Disconnect all non bell customers".

Last time, by the time they looked into it IIgs was already back online.

I poked them again last night.. minutes after IIgs posted.. I PM'd him about it..

I'm following closely

BACONATOR26
Premium Member
join:2000-11-25
Nepean, ON

BACONATOR26 to ughbell

Premium Member

to ughbell
said by ughbell :

This happened to me a couple years ago and I'm a bell internet & phone customer. It went through the same circles of incompetence of losing dial tone(and having zero voltage on the line, it was physically pulled.) Until I got customer relations/office of the president involved nothing helped or got my service restored. If you have bell landline get them involved »support.bell.ca/Billing- ··· omplaint has some directions.

While you're talking with someone high up calls you back, you can probably get them to get involved in your internet problem too despite not being directly a bell customer. They also have the power to issue you compensation, they gave me a couple months free for one disconnection. After 5 you probably wont be paying for your phone for a while.

Agreed 1000% and also since landline voice service is regulated, Bell is legally obligated to get you back up and running ASAP along with compensation.