We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs to cowwoc

Premium Member

to cowwoc

Re: Bell: We don't provide same service to Teksavvy customers

said by cowwoc:

Couldn't Bell add an additional upload channel from the box to my home? That sounds cheap enough (cheaper than adding a new box or paying for an extensive upgrade).

You could probably run your own transatlantic fibre-optic cable from your front door to Europe faster and cheaper than Bell could give you an upgrade.
cowwoc
join:2007-05-19
Saint-Laurent, QC

cowwoc

said by MaynardKrebs:

said by cowwoc:

Couldn't Bell add an additional upload channel from the box to my home? That sounds cheap enough (cheaper than adding a new box or paying for an extensive upgrade).

You could probably run your own transatlantic fibre-optic cable from your front door to Europe faster and cheaper than Bell could give you an upgrade.

I have two co-workers abroad. One is in Bulgaria, another in Serbia. They have 64Mbps and 32Mbps connections, respectively, for less than $30/month.

Serbia!!! Come on people! Canada is such a third-world country when it comes to internet.
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Duh, yes.

And I'll bet that on an income adjusted & "delivered bitrate"** basis that their service is a lot cheaper too.

** delivered bitrate = the actual measured bitrate available at the user premises, NOT the advertised speed.
komi
join:2011-07-08
North York, ON

komi to cowwoc

to cowwoc
Just go a bit south (Romania) and for $30 you'll get internet-50Mbps, cable TV with 10 HD channels and home phone-VOIP. Now that's a hot deal!
34764170 (banned)
join:2007-09-06
Etobicoke, ON

34764170 (banned) to MaynardKrebs

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

Let's see him come up with the couple billion dollars first
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

said by 34764170:

said by MaynardKrebs:

Let's see him come up with the couple billion dollars first

And even if it took him a while to do that, it would still be cheaper & faster than waiting for Bell.