uniqs
share rss forum feed

MrFixit1

join:1999-11-26
Madison, WI

1 edit
reply to SparkChaser

Re: Gasonline cans recommendations

Apparently it is some Federal requirement to reduce spillage . It does not seem that anyone ever thought to check and see if the designs would work more than once or twice without breaking !
No you cannot have my old style metal cans
( Referring to the spouts , the cans themselves seem fine )

Msradell
P.E.
Premium
join:2008-12-25
Louisville, KY
said by MrFixit1:

??? Metal cans and spouts are certainly allowed in many forms! See the one that robbin posted above for an example! Or, here's another one: »www.uline.com/Product/Detail/H-1···odBTkAYA

MrFixit1

join:1999-11-26
Madison, WI
said by Msradell:

said by MrFixit1:

??? Metal cans and spouts are certainly allowed in many forms!

Oops The line about the spouts was supposed to go before the comment about the metal cans
Was referring to the fact that the plastic cans themselves are fine , just the plastic spouts seem to be wanting .Teach me to post from the phone !

Well aware that metal cans are available with the new safety spout systems , but have no intention of replacing my old style metal cans until I have to

Zorack

join:2001-12-14
Fayetteville, WV
I remember owning the old style cans in the 70's when I was a nice young man(grabbing one of those old style cans would be a nice bonus today.)
--
Matt Barlow Rules! Bring him back to Iced Earth! \m/

KrK
Heavy Artillery For The Little Guy
Premium
join:2000-01-17
Tulsa, OK
reply to MrFixit1
Actually it's not really a Federal requirement.

The industry begs the Federal Government to regulate it, to set standards that they could then meet and therefore be protected from BS liability lawsuits.

Said regulations never materialized, and as a result any gas can manufacturer faces hundreds of suits a year from idiots and professional litigators trying to make fast cash.
--
"Fascism should more properly be called corporatism because it is the merger of state and corporate power." -- Benito Mussolini