spc
Search similar:

uniqs

No_Strings

join:2001-11-22
The OC

No_Strings

Best phish I've seen in a while

For a while, it seemed like the bad guys were getting more sophisticated, adding legitimate-looking graphics, links to Verisign, etc. This one hearkens back to the early days.

Reply-to: <scam_t@aim.com>
Subject: fbi
Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2012 22:14:02 -0700

reply back to this email now for all your money that you sent to scammers,you are getting it all back.............

Rob_
Premium Member
join:2008-07-16
Mary Esther, FL

Rob_

Premium Member

another mistake.. fbi should be F.B.I. names like that are never in lower case.

-Rob

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

It's full of mistakes.
Guzzler
join:2002-09-24
Tempe, AZ

Guzzler to No_Strings

to No_Strings
I got one awhile back. It was GOOD, as there were no mistakes in it, and looked legitimate. Of course I trashed it, as I know if I had done something wrong I would have gotten a snail mail or been hit with a no-knock warrant.

BillRoland
Premium Member
join:2001-01-21
Ocala, FL

1 recommendation

BillRoland to No_Strings

Premium Member

to No_Strings
I'm glad all I have to do is reply to that e-mail to get all that money I sent Bernie Madoff back.

Krak
@cox.net

Krak

Anon

I read an article explaining a lot of these "phishing" e-mails.

They say that the scammers PURPOSELY put misspelling, incorrect grammar, etc. because if you notice those things...then YOU ARE NOT THE TARGET THEY'RE AFTER.

It also stated that if the e-mails they send were professional, convincing, and looked legit - they'd get way too many responses to deal with to weed through who they could actually scam.

Just something to think about.

No_Strings

The OC

No_Strings

Interesting theory, but I think the most likely scenario is that the perpetrators are not English proficient. In my example above the IP of the mail server was US based, but I'm betting on a hacked server.

dvd536
as Mr. Pink as they come
Premium Member
join:2001-04-27
Phoenix, AZ

dvd536 to No_Strings

Premium Member

to No_Strings
AOL = auto delete.
these idiots must have watched the judge judy ep where guys got scammed by "guys trying to help those ripped off by 409'ers"