join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

Packeteers to Straphanger

Premium Member

to Straphanger

Re: [TWC] New Modem Lease Fee NYC

wow... my billing period starts on oct'15 so i hope my bill has no surprises. my guess is if you simply pay the normal and ignore the $4 extra they'll just reverse it out on the next bill whether you call or not - but i'll be curious to hear what they say about this when you call - i probably won't call if i see the charge just to observe if they auto reverse it next month. if not i have the return receipt so either way they'll have to reverse it eventually. damn, it must suck to work at TWC this month... first they get an earful about the returns, now about the billing, these TWC executives really set us all up for a miserable month.

Straphanger
Express is Back
Mod
join:2001-12-08
Whitestone, NY

1 edit

Straphanger

Mod

I'm just going to call anyways because they're also giving me hell with erratic signal strength. TWC has really been a thorn in my side for the past few weeks after 10 years of relative peace (other than a couple modem exchanges).

Edit: Calling now and TWC service is laughable. First I got All Circuits Busy for the first few tries. Now I'm on hold with no music. A voice comes on every 3 mins telling me to remain on hold or leave a message.
Straphanger

Straphanger

Mod

On hold for 15 mins but a person finally answered the line. Told me that they see my modem return in the system and that I was automatically credited the $4.30 I was charged for the modem fee+tax. I can go ahead and just pay my usual amount ($61.90 for Turbo). Bills were probably just pre-printed ahead of my modem return.

Now that's been taken care of. Now I have to go deal with TWC's crappy signal strength.
patt2k
join:2009-01-16

patt2k

said by Straphanger:

On hold for 15 mins but a person finally answered the line. Told me that they see my modem return in the system and that I was automatically credited the $4.30 I was charged for the modem fee+tax. I can go ahead and just pay my usual amount ($61.90 for Turbo). Bills were probably just pre-printed ahead of my modem return.

Now that's been taken care of. Now I have to go deal with TWC's crappy signal strength.

Can't believie you are paying 61$ for Turbo when I was with TWC I was paying 59$ for 50/5