join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to mlord

Premium Member

to mlord

Re: Google DNS versus ours

said by mlord:

said by TSI Gabe:

The first one, he's using 192.168.1.1 as his DNS server, not ours, hence why it's not working.

That's probably his router, which probably IS using TSI's server. Very standard setup, that.

Gabe appears to have looked that one up at the time and wrote this later in the thread:

»Re: [Cable] Slow DNS resolution for site on Teksavvy

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan
join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.

AkFubar

Posted in the direct forum... no can read it...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

oh. hahaha, that's funny. I see says the blind man!?

looks like the first and the last are actually one and the same.

if we had problems with the dns servers.. we'd have thousands of calls... just look at the rogers outtage recently.. that's what happened.
nbinont
join:2011-03-13

nbinont to AkFubar

to AkFubar
said by AkFubar:

Posted in the direct forum... no can read it...

Sorry everyone - the problem occurs when the specific address is NOT in the TSI DNS cache. If I posted the site everyone here would check it out and TSI would not be able to see the effect on the first request. Hence the Direct forum post.
nbinont

nbinont to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
said by TSI Marc:

said by mlord:

said by TSI Gabe:

The first one, he's using 192.168.1.1 as his DNS server, not ours, hence why it's not working.

That's probably his router, which probably IS using TSI's server. Very standard setup, that.

Gabe appears to have looked that one up at the time and wrote this later in the thread:

Yes, but the first time I believe the dig command was was not going to the right server: »Re: [Cable] Slow DNS resolution for site on Teksavvy

And this problem happens regularly. but only on TSI. Very repeatable.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

k, I've asked Gabe to look into it more closely. I'm sure it's something logical we just need to find what it is.
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord to nbinont

to nbinont
said by TSI Marc:

Yes, but the first time I believe the dig command was was not going to the right server:

You do realize that only the originator (and TSI) can read threads in TSI Direct, right? Not the rest of us, so posting links to those threads doesn't help anyone here.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

said by mlord:

said by TSI Marc:

Yes, but the first time I believe the dig command was was not going to the right server:

You do realize that only the originator (and TSI) can read threads in TSI Direct, right? Not the rest of us, so posting links to those threads doesn't help anyone here.

yeah hehe AkFubar pointed that out to me too.. hehe I didn't realise at the time.. looks like nbinont's issue is solved now too. so it's all good