spc
uniqs

alkizmo
join:2007-06-25
Pierrefonds, QC

alkizmo to patcat88

to patcat88

Re: sparkys- is it legal?

Why? WHyyyyyyyy!? I understand the duct tape for immediate "temporary repairs", but to go as far never going to a clinic or hospital to get it stiched and get some antibiotics is... well, I guess no insurance?
telco_mtl
join:2012-01-06

telco_mtl

said by alkizmo:

Why? WHyyyyyyyy!? I understand the duct tape for immediate "temporary repairs", but to go as far never going to a clinic or hospital to get it stiched and get some antibiotics is... well, I guess no insurance?

alkizmo, back in the day i worked at a large steakhouse, we didnt dare call in sick during the month of november and december, one time i sliced myself pretty good, our chef or war nurse as i called her, fixed me up with gauze, duct tape and vodka. to this day im shocked i dont have a scar!

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

tp0d to alkizmo

Premium Member

to alkizmo
I have good insurance, just dont want to sit in the ER for god knows how long.. and shit, this is one of the smaller cuts i`ve tended to myself.. I guess it helps that my aunt and sister are nurses... i duno..

its healing nicely, put a gauze pad on it with some fresh iodine, taped it on with some waterproof tape, worked all day like that. no problems.. It is a little tender, but doesnt 'hurt', ie infected.. The iodine has worked great for me.. ymmv..

and smoke, i`m up to date with tetanus.. the cut was caused by a stainless steel gas line.. bleh.

-j

whizkid3
MVM
join:2002-02-21
Queens, NY

whizkid3

MVM

Buy & use a couple of butterfly bandages. You can even make them. And you should keep some in your tool kit. No need for stitches for something like that. And skip the superglue.

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium Member
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL

1 recommendation

SmokChsr

Premium Member

Super Glue and bailing wire..

Not a Single Stitch or Staple!
Yep Super glue and bailing wire, that's all that was used to put me back together, when they decided to go in and stick some bubble gum (actually a bovine patch) in a hole (ASD) inside my heart. Not one stitch (on the outside, he did sew in the patch). That was for at least a 12" cut, including sawing the breast bone (sternum) in half from top to bottom. Fun fun!!

tp0d
yabbazooie
Premium Member
join:2001-02-13
Bulger, PA

tp0d

Premium Member

wow thats a mean one.. bailing wire? uhhh

cut is healin up well, no pain/etc... I do have butterfly bandages, dont think they would have helped here.. its not deep enough.. just looks deep, not as bad as it looks.

Church maint guy called, theyre having their international food festival, and the ladies in the kitchen are beatin the crap out of the water heater.. They are lovin it tho, as the old boiler was about 150ft away, and they had to run the hot for a long time to purge out the 1" water line. New heater is tapped right into the water lines behind the main dish sink..

-j

SmokChsr
Who let the magic smoke out?
Premium Member
join:2006-03-17
Saint Augustine, FL

SmokChsr

Premium Member

said by tp0d:

wow thats a mean one.. bailing wire? uhhh

Well they called it Stainless Steel Orthopedic Cerclage wire to hold the halves of the sternum together. Must have worked,they had me out of bed walking the hallways 48hrs after surgery.

Glad to hear your oopsie is healing nicely