Search similar:

uniqs

Jem33
@74.198.164.x

Jem33 to TSILiz

Anon

to TSILiz

Re: [OUTAGE] No Route in Nepean/ Stittsville

In barrhaven. No phone or Internet service yesterday for a few hours. And this morning no service from at least 4am onward. Still no service now at 410 pm. So doesn't look like all is fixed!

d4m1r
join:2011-08-25

d4m1r to mlord

to mlord
said by mlord:

said by TSILiz:

other parts of Ottawa may be affected as well with DHCP symptoms (169)

169.* IP addresses don't come from the modem or Rogers -- they are auto-assigned (a fallback mechanism) by some operating systems (eg. Apple OS/X) when DHCP fails completely.

Including Windows PCs FYI.

Also, this is weird because we are in the westend too (Kanata) and the connection hasn't dropped for a month...Fallowfield POI. Seems like not everyone even on the same POI was affected?
mlord
join:2006-11-05
Kanata, ON

mlord

said by d4m1r:

Also, this is weird because we are in the westend too (Kanata) and the connection hasn't dropped for a month...Fallowfield POI. Seems like not everyone even on the same POI was affected?

Just don't reboot your modem or disturb the setup, and it will likely continue operating. Like I said, my neighbour lost his service Wednesday evening around midnight, but ours here is still working. Same node, same POI.
KanataNorth
join:2012-10-12
Kanata, ON

KanataNorth

Internet out sometme overnight in north kanata. Still dead. Went through diagnosis before finding this forum. Cable modem shows diag screen all ok if you manually create a link to its 192.168.100.x network -- however it will not answer any dhcp requests once it has link to the cable. You can tcpdump the link and see lots of ARP requests go by.

In the end, i,m just confused as the to whether I need to open a ticket or just simply wait. For a global fix.

TSILiz
Premium Member
join:2012-08-20

TSILiz

Premium Member

I would suggest to open a ticket that way it can record your downtime.

stittsville1
@qnx.com

stittsville1 to KanataNorth

Anon

to KanataNorth
Still no internet in stittsville - though I can ping 24.246.5.97 and 24.246.55.22, i can't get anything else and not to any dns servers. Frustrating that between rogers and teksavvy they can't even figure out that the problem has not yet been solved.

Jem33
@74.198.164.x

Jem33 to TSILiz

Anon

to TSILiz
Yes we are still out as well. Barrhaven area. Frustrating! Strange that some have been resolved and some not. My husband tried to call support but unable to get through.... So gave up. Hoping that a "global fix" will help us.

Kanata1
@rdims.com

Kanata1 to TSILiz

Anon

to TSILiz
Still out for me. According to my syslog messages, I lost connection at home on Oct 11 at 4:30AM and have not been able to reconnect since. I am also getting a 198.84.x.x address instead of my usual 24.x.x.x address. I've reset the modem numerous times, and frequently try to do dhcp queries still get nothing useful. I can only ping the gateway, nothing beyond.

Stone1
@rogers.com

Stone1 to Jem33

Anon

to Jem33
Still out for me as well (downtime: 48 + hours, since Oct 11 6am). Tried to call Teksavvy support via phone but gave up waiting for someone to respond. I hope this gets fixed asap for everyone who gets affected.

dalystar
@74.198.65.x

dalystar to TSILiz

Anon

to TSILiz
Internet he been down in stittsville since Thursday morning and is still down.

stittsville1
@blackberry.net

stittsville1 to Kanata1

Anon

to Kanata1
Still down this am in Stittsville - no dhcp at all now, just like last night. Into the 3rd consecutive day of outage now. Sigh.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Geez. Unreal.

Pabl0
join:2004-08-11
Canada

Pabl0

Your kidding right? Is that your expert opinion?

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

No, that's my, what's the heck is going on / magnum zoolander look.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Here's what I'm being told:

This issue was already escalated and as per the updates we have received from our engineering department, the issue should have been resolved. However, you will need to have the customers power-cycle their modems and the devices connected to their modems.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to TSILiz

Premium Member

to TSILiz
Those still not online, have you guys turned off all your equipment? Wait like 5 minutes while offline.. Start the modem.. Wait until its fully online, then start the rest of your equipment?

Jem33
@74.198.164.x

Jem33 to TSILiz

Anon

to TSILiz
Still out in barrhaven this morning. This really is unacceptable especially since we can't get any answers from support as to estimated fixes and we can't even get through on the phone to

Pabl0
Canada

Pabl0 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Just did this again. Still get a 198.85.x.x ip but unable to get a route off the subnet.

But if the engineers say its fixed...

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc to Jem33

Premium Member

to Jem33
said by Jem33 :

Still out in barrhaven this morning. This really is unacceptable especially since we can't get any answers from support as to estimated fixes and we can't even get through on the phone to

I'm with you... We're being told its fixed.. Either it's not or its a different problem.

Can you post in the direct forum so we can get your info and call you? There have been many outages this week and wait times are extra long.. We have more staff that we hired and back to school is calming down now so wait times should be normal soon again hopefully.. If not ill hire more staff if needed... Doing everything we can...
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to Pabl0

Premium Member

to Pabl0
Yeah something is up for sure then.. Maybe it's a different problem I don't know but you guys need some help that's for sure.
TSI Marc

TSI Marc to Pabl0

Premium Member

to Pabl0
I just skimmed the direct forum.. I don't see a thread there for you.. Can you start one please so we can look into your specific case.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook to TSILiz

Mod

to TSILiz
These problems always seem to happen when Rogers does node splits. (shuffle the people on cable segments to different CMTS linecards/units. The result is that the CMTS doesn't recognize your modem to agree to forward it tot he DHCP server. Then when an IP is assigned to your system it's probably a new one that the CMTS router doesn't have routing instructions for.

Basically, Rogers continues to screw the process of line splits up the those people on ISPs with individual head end POIs.

You'd think that since they've screwed over TPIA customers so many times already because of their incompetent moves, they'd get it right by now, but it seems not!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Yeah... Just that last time I went to war with them on this we ended up with lawyers and all sorts of craziness.. They know full well how this is impacting us. I really doubt they want to go back there. I think we already have their attention on this and they apparently did fix some of the problem fairly quickly just looks like some we're missed.

sbrook
Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa

sbrook

Mod

Wow ... it seems that Rogers just doesn't understand or want to understand this TPIA business at so many levels do they?!?!!? Or they're doign everythign they can to make kfe so bad that customers get a really bad impression of the TPIA so return to Rogers!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

It's possible.. I'm trying to give them the benefit of the doubt.. Seems like there's a massive amount of upgrades going on, that's a good thing. Lets hope the level of activity goes down once they're over the hump.

Don't forget.. We have something like 75k users on their network... We touch a huge part of their network.. Any work anywhere and we're likely to hear about it.. Not trying to defend anything but we do have to give them a fair chance to own up.

Pabl0
Canada

Pabl0 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
Your phone queue still says there is an issue in Ottawa. I have an open ticket from the phone tech support. Waiting for a call back.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

K
bmoore0
Stittsville, ON

bmoore0 to TSI Marc

to TSI Marc
I just joined TSI two days ago...I have one laptop connected directly to the modem...everything works...
If I connect any other PC / router to the modem, I run into DHCP problems described in this forum.I have tried reseting the modem & equipment...(everything off for 5 min, power modem on, and wait until it connects, then connect PC)...same problem.

I'm in Stittsville.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Ah no you have a different problem.. Your modem only wants to talk to your laptop. Let me get somebody to help you with that.
bmoore0
Stittsville, ON

bmoore0

Thanks Marc,

I'm using a packet sniffer on the PC that will not connect...The PC is sending the DHCP discover messages out correctly, +but I don't see any DHCP ack messages coming back.

Any help is appreciated.