spc

spacer

how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

Gougeco

@start.ca

[TV] Seriously how many channels do I need ?

This is now the 2nd occasion where I can't watch playoff baseball. I pay $30 extra per month for the sports pack and they can't assure customers that get this that they will see the postseason ? I am paying how much per month for cable and the sports pack now ? Seriously cable tv is getting to the point where there is no value in it. Affordable ? Well I will say the sports pack isn't too bad but when you pay for it you expect to be able to see the postseason but no it has never guaranteed that. It is getting to the point where you expect shows, movies and sports to be paid for on a viewing by viewing basis so they make more and more money. They will do anything to get more money from the customer.

Tonight the O's and Yankees are playing and the Tigers and A's are playing and I can see neither game. This has happened 2 times recently. It is idiotic. It is also idiotic for you to think I will just order the channels that have the games. Well guess what ? I won't. Like I did long ago I will go back to looking for a live feed on the net. I am sorry but there should not be 100 different Sportsnet channels and TSN 1 - 100 unless you give to us at a good price. It is nice to offer more programming for people but at what cost ? Heck as of now we can't even record more than 2 channels and the total storage we have on pvrs is pathetic so really what is the point of having so many channels ? Yeah you have choices but you can't watch it all cuz of limitations.

I am so angry right now.

I am angry enough that I am considering not getting the sports pack again Cogeco after this OHL season. That will be $30 per month out of your pockets and I hope some others that are mad about this follow suit and get rid of it too.

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
kudos:1

I suggest a strongly worded letter followed by unplugging your set top box for a minimum of 2 days so you won't be tempted to pay for a PPV.

I have Shaw satellite, I had the Yankees game. Albeit in SD. I had the Steelers v Titans on 4 channels with the Tigers game on immediately after the football game. Couldn't spare one of those channels for the Tiger game? Man.

RogueMonk
Premium
join:2003-02-11
Stoney Creek, ON
reply to Gougeco

People still watch baseball?

Insight6

join:2012-08-25

1 edit
reply to Gougeco

First and foremost I want to emphasize that I side with you, support you, and obviously agree with your POV as well as am sympathetic to your plight.

Unfortunately, your only choice is to either pony up even more money if that is an option or take it and like it as far as your current situation.

The cold, really cold facts are the companies will gouge you and others for whatever amount of money they can get. If they THOUGHT they could charge a million dollars and get it from subscribers or customers they would do it.

Hey, I'm poor. (No complaints--just a factual statement.) I would not only like but would from a helpful live my life standpoint benefit form a nice Smartphone and the plan to go with it. But forget it. I can't afford to pay hundreds of dollars for a phone and then at least $100 a month just to have it even it I don't use it. (The average price for a major phone on a major carrier for a standard Smartphone plan. Plus they charge you a $30 dollar "upgrade fee.")

Good luck and getting a better deal or some satisfaction on resolving your current issue.

Phorkster
Premium
join:2004-06-27
Windsor, ON
reply to Gougeco

Let DirecTV or Dish come over here and get some competition in the game. Without Canadian content rules.

cork1958
Cork
Premium
join:2000-02-26
reply to Gougeco

Although I'm on Charter in the good ol' USA, I about totally agree with you and Insight also.

It's all about that last ungodly dollar for ALL major companies every where.
--
The Firefox alternative.
»www.mozilla.org/projects/seamonkey/

Patchouly

@cgocable.net
reply to Gougeco

I couldn't agree more. When my wife and I watch TV, there are only two or three channels that we watch. But Cogeco has managed to put one channel into one package and another channel into a second package, meaning we have to buy two packages, along with the full basic package, just to get our two channels. I'm sure they hire people to help decide which channels should go into which packages to maximize the money they can get.

It's a shame when you have to spend $60 a month, just for two TV stations that we are already, technically, paying for by having to watch 10 minutes of commercials in our half hour shows.

Can't have satellite here and Cogeco has a monopoly on all the lines. What choice do we have? It's either pay up or go without.

cog_biz_user
i ruin threads apparently

join:2011-04-19
Hamilton, ON
reply to Gougeco

I don't know if you can blame Cogeco on this one. The MLB is very tight about their postseason coverage. They have a special pack where you can watch the postseason games, similar to the NHL packages we hear about up here.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..
reply to Gougeco

To make matters worse, anyone is subscribed to MLBTV-Playoffs cannot watch the games live if you're in Canada/USA. Although unblockus and select a UK address would work.

IIRC, a lot of the games were on TBS, so you'd need to subscribe to the Superstations next year.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6

All of the playoff games were on TBS and will be through 2013.
»www.tbs.com/stories/story/0,,105320,00.html

When the games were running back to back and the TBS game ran long, Turner preempted programming on TNT to cover the next game. It was then moved back to TBS when the first one ended.

J E F F
Whatta Ya Think About Dat?
Premium
join:2004-04-01
Kitchener, ON
Reviews:
·Rogers Portable ..

Aren't some of the games on Fox? (NLCS and WS)

Also, SportsNet in Ontario is covering most of the games, but unsure if all the SportsNet is available for all providers. I'm with Rogers for now, so if a game isn't on channel 22 (SportsNet) I can usually get it on 99. If you're with Cogeco, you're out of luck.
--
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. - Albert Einstein

No_Strings
Premium,MVM,Ex-Mod 2008-13
join:2001-11-22
The OC
kudos:6

You're right. Just after I posted that, my wife found a game on Fox. She's the sports expert in the house. I should have asked her.