All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
work4mike
join:2004-09-27
Cupertino, CA

work4mike

Comcast Blast Extra (ended a 6 mth promo) still good or bad?

Hi,

I was on a promo that just ended and now on a regular price-

Comcast Blast Extra = $69.95
(Blast Extra HSI, Limited Basic with Digital Converter, Streampix)

High Def Equipment = $2.70
(I have an old Moto DCT6200- my TV does 1080i only so I am fine)

The main question is: Should I just give up this and go with a new promo? It seems that if I move to a new promo, I will lose my existing HD equipment charge and would have to now pay $10/mth ?? And, I have not seen Streampix being offered on the new promos??

Any advice, suggestions, current promo info is most appreciated. I am in the SF Bay Area service location (East Bay).

Thanks!
Joe12345678
join:2003-07-22
Des Plaines, IL

Joe12345678

some promos come with HD and you are paying the low Limited Basic HD fee. Higher TV packs need the $8-$10 HD fee.

mikedz4
join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

mikedz4 to work4mike

to work4mike
your best bet is to call customer service. Tell them you are considering cancelling because your promo ended. That will get you to retentions who will be able to offer you some promos.
rody_44
Premium Member
join:2004-02-20
Quakertown, PA

rody_44 to work4mike

Premium Member

to work4mike
Your chances of even getting retentions to offer that promo again is about zero. They usually dont reoffer that promotion

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

I realize that they don't usually do double play promos. Also check out best buy or wal mart and see what kind of promos they offer for triple play. Sometimes they are cheaper than the comcast centers.
work4mike
Cupertino, CA

work4mike to Joe12345678

to Joe12345678
Thanks to all who responded. Well, I took the advice and looked for the promos offered at the malls- walmart etc.

There is a current promo:

Blast Plus Xfinity Internet + TV = $39.99 (6 mths)
Need to add $10 for HD box.
Also, I cannot tell the diff betw Blast Plus vs Blast Extra. Does anyone know the speed diff?

Is this a good deal or should I wait a while? Thx.

telcodad
MVM
join:2011-09-16
Lincroft, NJ

telcodad

MVM

said by work4mike:

Also, I cannot tell the diff betw Blast Plus vs Blast Extra. Does anyone know the speed diff?

I believe both Blast Extra and Blast Plus provide the same Blast! HSI tier speed.

The difference is in the TV part - "Extra" just provides the Digital Basic tier of channels, while "Plus" also adds the "Digital Economy" cable channels.
Russ6
join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX

Russ6

Many promos only apply to new customers so you may still have to negotiate with Comcast's retention department to get it.
work4mike
Cupertino, CA

work4mike to telcodad

to telcodad
Ok, I cancelled my existing service and signed up for the new promo (under my partner's name). I tried going via Retentions but they simply cannot match the new customer deals.

Oh well, just can't beat $39.99 for 6 mths (Blast Plus). Sales rep claims he added me HBO free for 3 mths (still not sure what this means... I can only access HBO OnDemand, just not the HBO channel numbers).

I also got 12 mths free HD DVR rental -- Xfinity Motorola RNG200N unit. Is this box any good?

mikedz4
Weirton, WV

mikedz4

yes the box is good. It's the newest box out.
work4mike
Cupertino, CA

work4mike

Thanks!