uniqs
tomupnorth
join:2005-01-14
UpperMidwest

tomupnorth to C0RR0SIVE

to C0RR0SIVE

Re: Gen4 satellite location

said by C0RR0SIVE:

...if it's in texas, chances are then HN9000 unit they are on might be sent to a "Gen4" package once the transition is complete. Still won't be as fast as HT1000, nor have as little delay in latency as the Gen4 bird, but... Beats having nothing I guess.

Your post reminds me that when I called to pre-order Gen4, they told me "HN9000 and [whatever the reduced speed is with that]" and I said "but that's not Gen4" i.e. except that I was (somewhat) Gen4 savvy, another customer might have "upgraded" without having gotten Gen4 at all.

BTW is the dish itself, and the feed horn or whatever it's called, the same between my HN7000S (originally Direcway upgraded), the HN9000, and the newest HT1000? Had I "upgraded" only to HN9000, would that have meant a new dish, so that later I could just upgrade the modem to HT1000 (and re-point) to get Gen4?

grohgreg
Dunno. Ask The Chief
join:2001-07-05
Dawson Springs, KY

grohgreg

The way I read it, HN7000S upgrade customers get everything new except the mount, cable, and grounds (assuming any/all are serviceable). HN9000 upgrade customers keep that stuff too, plus the reflector.

//greg//