All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs

funk
@videotron.net

funk

Anon

[Cable] TekSavvy cable sign up in Montreal question.

Hello,

I registered for a new TekSavvy cable connection on Tuesday of this week and selected next Monday the 15th as the primary installation date.

The Email I received says this:

Your Teksavvy Express 15 Cable service is set to be tentatively activated on 15-10-2012. Please note that your activation date could be delayed up to 10 business days due to unanticipated circumstances. You should expect a follow-up email confirming the appointment time. If you have not received this email 48 hours prior to your first appointment choice, please contact us as soon as possible so that we may investigate.

Does this 48 hours include weekends or only business days. I have not received an email yet and if it is only business days then I think it is less than 48 hours to go?

Sorry if I am being impatient but I am so sick and tired of dealing with ISPs I want this to go as smoothly as possible.

Thanks.

TSI Keith
Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

TSI Keith

Premium Member

Hello,

No, the 48 hours is not intended to be business days. Regardless; if you'd like to PM me or post here: »/forum ··· avdirect with your name, phone number, address, and CID or OID if you have them I can certainly check for an update for you.

Thank you,
Keith
Funky_
join:2004-06-05
Canada

Funky_

Thank you Keith I appreciate your response. I will wait to see what happens and will be contacting you if necessary.
Funky_

Funky_

Well I got the e-mail and everything seems OK. I just need to rant a little.

I was charged for the activation and first month of internet service on the 10th of October and selected the 15th for the installation date. Now I receive this:

Your residential cable service is set to be activated on 2012-10-26 in the EV (17h-20h).

I understand that people are busy and things don't always work out. And this is probably very standard when setting up a new account but what is stopping you guys from actually charging me for internet access when I actually HAVE internet access?

I understand that TekSavvy does not have control over when Videotron has availability. But obviously TekSavvy has access to the installation date since they sent me an e-mail with it.

I also understand being charged an activation fee right away, but the actual first month of service when I don't have service?

Anyway, lets hope things go smoothly on the 26th...

Thanks.

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Hey Funky. Yeah unfortunately Vidéotron installs are taking longer than normal these days. We charge you right away but it will be applied from the actual activation date and each month we will charge you on the day you signed up. We can maybe tighten the gap for next month but we require 5 days advance payment at the minimum depending on your payment method. That's standard practice for all our customers. Lt me know if you'd like to tighten up the gap and I can have someone fix that for you.
Funky_
join:2004-06-05
Canada

Funky_

Thank you for your response Marc. (and on a Saturday too! you should take some time off... )

Don't worry about it, I am not one of those extremely naggy clients that wants every penny refunded at the drop of a hat. I understand that this stuff is no an exact science.

I just would like to express the opinion that this should be looked at in the future and be made more clear I guess.

Also FYI this link in the cable order confirmation e-mail leads to a 404 on your website:

In order to track your monthly bandwidth consumption please go to the following link and enter your VL# provided above, »www.teksavvy.com/en/tool ··· =7&mID=3

Have a great day!

TSI Marc
Premium Member
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON

TSI Marc

Premium Member

Np, ok thanks ill look into why that link is broken. Tx for the support!

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to Funky_

Premium Member

to Funky_
said by Funky_:

Thank you for your response Marc. (and on a Saturday too! you should take some time off... )

Don't worry about it, I am not one of those extremely naggy clients that wants every penny refunded at the drop of a hat. I understand that this stuff is no an exact science.

I just would like to express the opinion that this should be looked at in the future and be made more clear I guess.

Also FYI this link in the cable order confirmation e-mail leads to a 404 on your website:

In order to track your monthly bandwidth consumption please go to the following link and enter your VL# provided above, »www.teksavvy.com/en/tool ··· =7&mID=3

Have a great day!

I have just sent this off to our internal Quality Assurance Team which will put it through the grinder and send it off to our development team to fix

Cheers,

Andre