Search similar:

uniqs
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

1 recommendation

clawfury

[MoP] Great Post - I couldn't agree more

This (rather lengthy post) is from Beru from Falling Leaves and Wings. I can't add a single thing - he hits all the high (or low points). Your thoughts?

World of Dailycraft 37 comments
I have entered and come out of the other side on the grind to level 90. After finally making it through level 89 (dear god, this level was far too long) and hitting 90 I felt relieved to be finished. That is until I went to purchase my ability to fly and was assaulted with all of the quests. Only to learn that in addition to the quests there were more quests, in other places, to partake in. I was immediately overwhelmed and exhausted. I didn’t know where to start, what to do, or why the hell there were so many daily quests to begin with.

Yet, as I knew I needed to, I made room in my quest long and started on my way. Opting not to do the mount or the lore walker quests, I had daily quests for the Klaxxi, the Pandas, Cooking and Fishing. I easily obtained the achievement to do 25 daily quests in a single day, and then continued to have more to do. Each day after I hit 90 I spent 90 minutes to two hours taking care of daily quests. I quickly realized that it was going to become a huge burden to complete all of these quests every day once I went back to work and we started raiding again – and I imagine that it’s going to also involve me staying up later than I should just to make sure they are completed every day. The fact that it’s several hubs of dailys and so many dailys each day only makes it worse.

Every day I dread the daily grind. It is one of the first things I do, because I know that if I don’t I will find ways to avoid doing it. It is tedious, it is boring, it is frustrating…and for a progression raider it is required. I hate that rep grinds are tied to it. I hate that Valor Points are tied to it. I hate that I feel obligated to spend time doing things that I generally do not enjoy and make me miserable when I would rather be doing things I find fun (instancing, pet battles, hell – even fishing!). I stated more than once over the past few days that I felt dailys would be the end of WoW for me – I don’t enjoy them and there are just so many to be done. It’s overwhelming and time consuming and I can’t help feeling that Blizzard went overboard with them.
I’m sure the argument that some of you will make is that it is supposed to be an alternate progression path for those who don’t raid. And perhaps I’d agree with that…if so much wasn’t tied to reputation that you can only gain through those dailys. Crafting patterns, Justice Point Gear (that is almost obsolete by the time you can even buy it and use it), Valor Point Gear. Everything is tied to reputation. And reputation is tied to dailys (and you have to have the reputation to open up even more dailys for different reputation). I hate dailys. I would grind instances until my fingers bleed and enjoy most of it, partly because it’s something I already have to do and partly because I enjoy instances, but it’s a progression path I mostly enjoy. I don’t get that option. Instead I have to go, every day, and do quests. Quests that everyone else is doing, so there is competition for mobs. Quests that I will do 100 times before I’m finished. Quests that offer so little reputation that I dread the length of time I have to suffer through them. Quests that become a chore and make me hate the game for the time I have to spend doing them.

And there are so many of them.

I’m not entirely sure why the decision was made to tie gear and reputation to this method but I have yet to find a single person who has indicated that they are enjoying the current system. Each day I log in and joke that it’s time to play “World of Dailycraft” – which is honestly what the game feels like at times. And I don’t think it is a good thing for anyone involved. There are so many fun things I’d rather be doing with the new expansion – it’s really a shame that all of those things are overshadowed by this aspect of the game. That the time I could be spending enjoying the new instance content or capturing new pets is spent doing something that makes me hate playing.

I’ll save the cooking rant for another day.

Maybe if I didn’t have a million dailys to do, I could go and enjoy ones for things I might actually enjoy: Lorewalkers or Cloud Serpent. But there isn’t enough time in my day for tertiary, fun things like that. All because I have too many “mandatory” dailys. Too many chores to complete before I can go outside and play. For now, let’s just suffice it to say that dailys are an unfun experience. They do not enhance my game play. They don’t make me think “I can’t wait to get home and play!”.

JB9
Stay Gold
Premium Member
join:2009-05-14

JB9

Premium Member

Wow, true that. Can you post the 37 comments as well?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
Yep, And having to get golden lotus rep way up before even being able to start shado-pan or august is crap.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
said by clawfury:

I'll save the cooking rant for another day.

uhm... that would take 4 days of rants that develop independently of each other despite the fact they contribute to an overall cooking rant.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to JB9

to JB9
As requested, JB:
And yet, for me, I would have done daily after daily after daily during Cataclysm, yet instead was forced to endlessly run instances. I didn’t get the option.

Different strokes, as they say.

vanillabri

October 1, 2012 at 10:23 am Sure, that’s fine. But then why not have both options?

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:27 am This, for me, is why I won’t be high on progression this tier. I can’t do dailies. They’re going to end up being occasionalies just like the Tol Barad quests were. So I won’t have the best of the best for raiding and that’s a trade-off I’m perfectly willing to accept. All this has brought into focus why I play: for enjoyment. I play for the fun of playing and HM raiding can be that but I’m not willing to slog through a stream of unfun to get there. Progression raiding isn’t important enough to sacrifice the main payoff I get from WoW.

Tonk

October 1, 2012 at 10:58 am I’m slowly, but most likely surely, getting to that point myself!

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:28 am Honestly, you can substitute cash for Tiller’s rep (just buy all the cooking ingredients) and you only need do Angler’s for slightly faster fishing skill-ups. You could still skill-up fishing the old fashioned way if you wanted to. If you have level 85 alts, do the intro quest to get to Pandaria then run them out to Halfhill and get them started on their own farms, and that’s 4 plots a day per alt that you can plant as extra food production. Or if you’ve got a buddy who’s a warlock, set up a closet and summon everyone’s alts, skip the tedious journey.

Klaaxi and Golden Lotus will let you buy raid gear at Revered, at which point you can stop. Klaaxi will take just under 2 weeks to get Revered if you’re in a level 25 guild and finish the other quests in the zone, then you can drop them.

And if your guild is good enough to clear Mogu’shan and start on heroics in the first couple weeks then any faction beyond Golden Lotus will rapidly become nice-to-have fill in the random slots, rather than mandatory.

Nina

October 1, 2012 at 11:10 am Can you get the farming quest at level 85?

Regardless of how long the take, the fact that there are so manynof them and that they need to be done is the issue.

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:32 am For gearing up fast to do raids, I’m actually recommending getting the gear you need for heroics (the pvp blues work okay for slots you didn’t get quest items) and then just grinding gear from heroics. There are some things out of the skirmishes, though you don’t really need them if you can get guild runs for chaining 5-mans.

lissanna

October 1, 2012 at 12:03 pm I have almost a full set of gear from heroics. And I will be upgrading with rep gear as long as it continues to be viable,

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:33 am Grind your golden lotus rep, but mostly you can say screw the rest and do them more slowly.

The 450 pvp gear is itemized almost the same as the 450 jp gear. The heroic dungeons give 463. Looking at my lists, the valor gear is usually below raid drops in desirability. Go grind your dungeons and have fun. Then grind your raids and have fun.

Do run Direbrew for a trinket. I find the heroic dungeons, not a joke, but simple enough to heal in 450ish gear. The monastery kicks my arse, but the rest is pretty easy. Just bring loads of milk or a pet mage.

It’ll be at least 2 weeks to get golden lotus to revered. Off the cuff without bothering with pesky numbers or reality, it’ll be 6 weeks-ish to get most of the reps to exalted. How many of those pieces will you want in 6-8 weeks? Yes, being able to fill in empty spots is important. Is it blow up your wrist and ruin your fun important?

Berry

October 1, 2012 at 12:32 pm The Direbrew trinket is actually worse than the trinkets from heroics because it doesn’t offer any mana returns.

In all honesty, gear upgrade now, during progression, are much more important than gear upgrades once you’ve finished clearing content. And it doesn’t matter where those upgrades are from

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:35 am Same problem with me, they do mix them up a bit so its not always the same but still its like groundhog day, one big problem i do see is its easy for tanks to do runs and get gear, most in my guild are full 463 allready, this will stop tanks from using runs to get gear, even now as a healer i can have 8mins wait this was unheard off before.

Also heroics are to easy, i can on some bosses not heal at all, some bosses are killed in less then 30secs its a joke. and boring as hell, there is no grinding rep to get gear for heroics, you jump stright in at 90

With Valor being given for dailys and the amount rep needed, once people are geared they will never set foot in heroics again. you are allready seeing Dungeon jumoing going on.

All in all i dont like the new system i really think blizzard messed up , yes i know i raced to 90 , but what off my alts? there is no way on hell iam doing all the dailys on all my alts, even now iam thinking of stopping playing, it all rests on raids hope they did not mess them up

Tully

October 1, 2012 at 1:25 pm “Also heroics are to easy, i can on some bosses not heal at all, some bosses are killed in less then 30secs its a joke. and boring as hell, there is no grinding rep to get gear for heroics, you jump stright in at 90 ”

Blizzard stated months ago that Heroics are simply level 90 versions of leveling dungeons. They’re not supposed to be a massive pain in the ass like Cataclysm Heroics. They’re intended as simply another step in gearing up for raiding at this point, not an actual challenge. With the advent of the Dungeon Finder back in Wrath, Cata proved pretty effectively that mixing in Heroics (as they were) as a required part of the progression route was no viable for most people in conjunction with most people. Remember back to the first few weeks of Wrath. Trying to run Heroics, especially as a healer, was an absolute nightmare, even when properly geared, thanks to a combination of factors (Lack of organization in a PUG, DPS or god forbid tanks sneaking in under-geared).

Challenge Modes have effectively replaced what we knew as Heroics. If you want to be presented with a tougher dungeoning experience, go there.

Jonathan

October 2, 2012 at 5:53 am Heroics are not meant to be overly challenging for those comfortable with a higher level of play. That is what challenge modes were introduced to supplement. However, I do agree that the way heroics and dailys tied VP together, is unfortuante.

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:37 am Yup, the amount if stuff to do makes my head spin. I have been cutting sleep short etc just so I could make it to 90 and get geared before raiding starts (tomorrow) and I have not had time off work to do any of it – except for one sick day.

Sadly I didn’t realise there was a tabard that could get me panda rep until just last night, so all my dungeon grinding I could have been getting rep… I nearly cried.

Meliika

October 1, 2012 at 3:19 pm I think that is my biggest problem, there is just SO much that needs to be done.

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:38 am There are a million dailies. Maybe I’m a bad raider, but I refuse to do anything in game that makes me dread playing the game. It makes my free time much more enjoyable. I do some dailies here and there when I feel like it, and as a completionist I will get exalted with all factions eventually, but I don’t force myself to do everything every day.

I guess I’m just stubborn. I want gear from bosses I kill, not dailies.

Jasyla

October 1, 2012 at 5:22 pm I envy you in that regard.

I definitely feel like I need to do them and get them finished, at least to gear levels. Once I’ve unlocked the gear, I think I will probably take a break and randomly do them to get them to exalted, but I definitely won’t do them daily.

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:39 am I hear you so much. I despise dailies, but the min-maxer in me feels bad if I shirk working to get improvements to make my performance better in raids. So I’m screwed if I do and screwed if I don’t.

And they removed the daily cap so that you feel obligated to do every…single..stinking daily every single day.

ellori

October 1, 2012 at 7:19 pm It’s like Blizzard’s ultimate answer to forcing their concurrent user count to stay up without having to produce as much content. Just thinking about it makes me cross.

ellori

October 1, 2012 at 7:20 pm I know exactly what you mean. I also feel obligated to take care of all of the dailys every day. I have, however, shirked a bit on the fishing ones when I don’t have time.

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:41 am At least they are hotfixing out the rep requirement for JP gear.

Moonspeaker

October 1, 2012 at 10:39 pm Unfortunately, for a lot of people (myself included) its too late

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:42 am The good news is they removed the rep requirements to buy justice gear this evening. There was jack diddly crap in the way of crafted leather int gear on my server’s AH and I didn’t quest much in Wastes so my ilvl was was 432 and it was looking like a long, dry, miserable, resentful grind to get the rep needed to buy JP gear. I was very tired of questing from leveling and was looking forward to the heroics so yeah, I was really happy to hear about the rep requirement change tonight.

I wish they hadn’t done away with rep grinding in dungeons. We should have more choices because different people prefer different options :/

Zy

October 1, 2012 at 10:44 pm It is good with the JP change – but was a little late for people who were pushing to be raid ready by Tuesday

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:43 am I join you here. I *HATE* (repeat HATE HATE HATE) reputation grinds. And HATE even more because if I ever want to use any of my crafting alts, I will be forced to go through the same reputation grind (which I may already have said that I HATE).
I don’t understand why Blizzard went back 4 years in game design: the strong point of WoW was the strict separation of activities: you need gear to run instances: you can get them running instances. You need PvP gear: you get it doing PvP. You need reputation deco items: you get it grinding reputation. Now the whole VP fiasco means that I’ll have to grind *four* reputations in order to fill any “unlucky” slot which is not served by a raid drop. Damn, it would be like saying that in order to buy conquest PvP gear you need a level 25 battle pet! What’s the relation?

So this is what I have decided:
- daily quests: I do the ones which I like (precious few of them), and then I do a single reputation per day. If this costs me a raid spot, then be it.
- alts: no leveling of alts, unless I can transfer my reputation gains from my main. I’ll spend the time playing other MMOs instead of re-grinding a reputation for 28-slot bags or other stuff.
- if the next expansion pulls the same shit, I’m out of here. Sorry dear Blizzard devs, I play for fun, if I wanted a second job I’d be on Eve.

Helistar

October 2, 2012 at 1:26 am I can commiserate with you on thenalt front. I left Cataclysm with 10 85s. And I am already considering if I will level any of them this expansion. I might, but I strongly suspect I won’t level as many, and I’ll do it much slower.

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:45 am I loved the tabards in Cata. It was like ‘set and forget’ until you got the message you hit exalted. I hate questing (I enjoy some of the storylines, but I just simply don’t enjoy questing for more than about an hour) and I’m already not really enjoying trying to get my main to 90 (I enjoy dungeons but I don’t want to grind dungeons to 90 because then I’ll end up hating them) and hitting 90 only to have a ton of rep grinds waiting… Meh. Luckily I do enjoy other parts of the game a lot, but yeah it would be great if they could give you the option to get rep in several different ways. Or like a compromise, instead of ezmode tabards, daily quests that take place in dungeons.

Iris

October 2, 2012 at 6:14 am I think multiple ways to grind out faction would be beneficial for everyone!

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:46 am Pingback: Mists of Pandaria: Initial Impressions | Tales of a Priest
The only reason I resented the daily grind is because I felt like I wasn’t using skills that would benefit me in a raiding environment. At least when I’m grinding Heroics for gear or when I’m slapping on a tabard and running 5m, I’m healing. I’m learning how to be a better healer. I’m keeping those muscles strong, so to speak, and I’m getting better at my craft which will benefit me in the long run.

I don’t see how being in my burning hot mess of a shadow spec and facerolling Mind Blast day after day is going to keep me strong as a healer, other than by giving me the rep and/or gear that I need. It just felt like it was pulling me in different directions and I didn’t care for that.

Oestrus

October 2, 2012 at 7:20 am I feel you with the off spec bit. It is pretty miserable

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:47 am I could not possibly agree with you more. Sad, in that I love so many things they put into MoP, but the daily grind will probably break me. I expect by the end of week three I will reach a point of disgust I can’t turn back from. I love most of the class chnages, the new instances, all the new things to do like pet battles. I would even love to pick and choose a faction or two to grind at my own pace to get the cool mounts and tabards. My disgust heightens when blue posts talk about how all of this is optional. I wish. Remove progression gear and recipes from the dailies, leave the rewards fun and cosmetic like mounts. People will still do them, but they can pace themselves in a more healthy and fun way. Right now, this is the start of the end of WoW for me.

aaniholypaladin

October 2, 2012 at 8:49 am I wondered frequently if I was just “getting too old” for all of this

But I feel quite similarly that I’m not really sure how much more I can take.

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:49 am Couldn’t help but share the news, Bliz has seen fit to remove the rep grind from the JP gear. That’s must clear up some of your dailies.

Happy hunting

LiquidPig

October 2, 2012 at 11:33 am Not really, unfortunately. JP were already useless because after 1 week of random heroics I already had better stuff in all slots except two, which were illv440…. The big problem is that in order to make any use of the VP I’m gaining I still need to grind reputations.

And I’ve decided I won’t do it. I’m about to post on my guild forum that I’ll stop rep grinding and accept the consequence of losing a raid spot.

Helistar

October 2, 2012 at 11:19 pm Unfortunately, this is about a week too late, I already have gear that surpasses what is available.

Beruthiel

October 3, 2012 at 10:56 am This is exactly how I feel. EXACTLY! As a priest who raids with in disc/holy spec, I find this terribly painful. And not fun. I find myself grumpy every time I log into wow. And, I used to love leveling alts. Not anymore. The thought of having to repeat this to get alts ready to raid makes me run screaming from the game. That, combined with the horror that is healing on a priest may well drive me from the game.

SnowNSew

October 9, 2012 at 11:26 am

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
He honestly sounds like someone who came in after after they got rid of gated raids and hard rep checks in WotLK (like me, but I disagree with him). He assumes once he hits 90 he gets to stop questing and put that part of the game behind him. Kudos to Blizzard for trying to mix up what is called "the end game."

He also assumes that he's required to do all dailies/all the time. Why not pick one faction and focus on them, and then move on as time commits?

Oh I'm sorry, all I hear is that he deserves to raid because he wants to, even if he doesn't have the time required to put into it to get his gear to the point where he is ready to start.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg

Premium Member

well said Kris, and he doesnt take into account that its for this tier only once the next tier of raids comes out you dont reset your rep so all of that is done and now you can just raid without worrying about gearing up through rep grind.

wapu
Broadband Ranger
Premium Member
join:2001-09-05
Albion, NY

wapu to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
I don't understand why someone would feel dailies are a burden. You don't have to do them. I don't feel burdened by Raids. I don't feel burdened by not killing the Sha thing and ganking the Horde. I don't feel burdened by the Dungeon Finder.

If the guy in the OP quits WOW because of dailies. Then there is a bigger issue for him. You don't need to do all of the dailies every day. Blizz finally gave us enough stuff that most people will take longer than a month to be 100% geared and steamrolling end game raids.

I think it is a good thing.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
Well the ones it really hits are casuals.
The ones that don't have alot of time to play everyday.

IMO rep should have perks that are good for hardcore but not mandatory like the current setup (so sure hardcore would have to do them)

If for example they had done the VP upgrade iLvL thing at launch so you only needed the rep to upgrade the gear you get then great, but not for fill in the gap gear.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Krisnatharok

to Krisnatharok
It didn't sound like to me that he doesn't HAVE the time - it sounds like he doesn't enjoy the time he's spending. I'm with him. I've been raiding since the end of Vanilla.

A large portion of the WoW player base has been with Blizzard since the beginning. Most of us were highschool or college kids when we first discovered the game, we had endless amounts of free time, and loved the sink. Most of us are now adults with families of our own, and these kind of time sinks just don't appeal to us anymore.

Blizzard has recognized that (or we thought they had) - and implemented sanity checks in their last few expansions. Granted, I'm sure it pissed off a few of the self-flagellating types, but most of us found it a welcome change. They're regressing. Raiding should be about skill, not your ability to put up with hours of brain-melting repetition every day to get to some reputation to be "ready to raid". I don't buy into that, and never will.

It's a game, not a profession. If there is not choices that are fun, I won't be playing. I personally loved being able to run dungeons, get random drops, and fill in the missing pieces from JP. Not being able to use the VP I earn from raids/dungeons to buy gear without hours a day of questing is, to me, just a bad decision.

Krisnatharok
PC Builder, Gamer
Premium Member
join:2009-02-11
Earth Orbit

Krisnatharok

Premium Member

said by clawfury:

A large portion of the WoW player base has been with Blizzard since the beginning. Most of us were highschool or college kids when we first discovered the game, we had endless amounts of free time, and loved the sink. Most of us are now adults with families of our own, and these kind of time sinks just don't appeal to us anymore.

So you want what hooked you to change to accommodate your changing lifestyle? How is that fair to Blizzard?

Also keep in mind, like someone else said, this is only the first tier of raiding. I simply see this as Blizzard trying to extend what is the end game. You only have to grind rep once.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Well Kris, personally, I don't care all that much. I just hate dailies, so I don't do them every day, period. If it slows me down a little bit, that's ok. Blizzard HAS changed to accomodate their player base - I'm sure you recognize that. I DO think this guy is a little over whiny and exaggerating, but he does have some valid points, which is why I posted it. They must recognize that there is a sizeable portion of their player base that hates dailies and loves dungeons, why not give them the option of levelling their rep how they want?

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
I think the simple fix to this is at least giving our tabards for the factions. I mean, make us do dailies to get to friendly, and then give us a tabard so we can grind heroics if we want.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
Ok... I think he voiced his complaints well. The only think I really think they "screwed up" is the ilvl gearing regarding JP/Valor and H.Dungeon drops. I just don't get the logic of the intended progression... I just don't. If you intended JP to be used to get into Heroics, fine... but why hide them behind rep gates and make it so slow to build up JP in normal dungeons? I'm glad they bumped up the JP ilvl to be higher than the pvp crafted blues... so there is some semblance of correction there.

I like having something I know I can work on every time I log on, regardless of who else logs in my guild. What I don't like, is not seeing much of an advantage to having guild groups logged on, because if I grind heroic dungeons... it sets me behind on my rep grinds... if I rep grind, I'm setting myself behind getting LFR ready (because 458 doesn't get you into LFR... you need the 463s from dungeons to get in).

One final note... I don't think MV was supposed to be the typical first tier raid of an expansion. I think it was tuned down so that truly skilled raids could clear normal mode in 463 gear (this hurts me to admit). So maybe my confusion on their gearing progression philosophy is based on my wrongful placement of MV.

Anyway, if blizz could divorce the daily rep grind from the JP/Valor expenditures... it would really make these optional choices optional. Keep the crafted mats tied to rep, I like how that plays out... but let me spend JP/Valor at rates that can benefit my guild. By the time I have the rep... the JP is garbage.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Ginjer

to Ginjer
I'd be good with that, Ginjer. I just want the option to do the things in the game that I enjoy to get to the same ends. I think a lot of people have lost sight of the fact that it's a game, and have bought into Blizzard's methods to extend the shelf life of their content. It's a game, folks - if you are forced to experience endless hours of content you don't enjoy to get to the few hours of content you DO enjoy, it's time to re-evaluate. That's work - a few things you enjoy, endless hours of forced tasks you despise. Why would you want to repeat that in your leisure time...?

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by clawfury:

I'd be good with that, Ginjer. I just want the option to do the things in the game that I enjoy to get to the same ends. I think a lot of people have lost sight of the fact that it's a game, and have bought into Blizzard's methods to extend the shelf life of their content. It's a game, folks - if you are forced to experience endless hours of content you don't enjoy to get to the few hours of content you DO enjoy, it's time to re-evaluate. That's work - a few things you enjoy, endless hours of forced tasks you despise. Why would you want to repeat that in your leisure time...?

Agree with you there. I like the game anyways. I like doing some dailies here and there and working on professions, etc. However, like some I do despise the fact that once I hit 90 I will have to do a LOT of dailies.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

A little bit of patience goes a long way, though. If you aren't in a hurry to have your purples and clear content you didn't learn in Beta... there is a lot of fun stuff to do with a couple of buddies in Vent. Blizz got a lot of things right in MoP... just a couple of thorns in the cushions making everyone irritable... myself included (hate spending JP just for the sake of spending them).
shivan88
join:2010-04-07
Waterloo, IA

shivan88 to clawfury

to clawfury
I think the part I dread the most about the daily grind is that I might have to do it all over again with my alt I want to start leveling soon.

Account wide reputations would be sexy.

s1deout
Geek4Life
Premium Member
join:2003-12-10
Troy, OH

s1deout to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
Personally I feel that if I miss a day of doing GL / Klax dailies then I am behind.
I still log into complete them but I do miss them from time to time with stuff for RL / kids / etc.

The thing that I don't like is that it takes Spirits of Harmony to get patterns or the token to buy patterns then you need Spirits of Harmony to craft the items that you buy.

An example of this chest pattern from Klaxx. Takes 8 spirits of harmony to craft it after you spend 1 to buy the pattern.

The drop rate on the Motes is terrible so you spend time / effort leveling up your profession but then are gated on crafting items that you need.

Or I am just unlucky on farming the Motes / Spirits.

The other thing that really chaps my a$$ is when you run a dungeon and it drops loot that no one in group can use , i.e. mail gear drops with plate / leather /cloth wearers in group. If they can read your raid role and drop appropiate loot in LFR , why can't they do the same in LFG and filter the loot table accordingly?

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

yeah, I usually get 3-4 motes doing the dailies... sometimes I get a full spirit of harmony in the treasure of the vale. But I understand the frustration of having to go farming for motes... AFTER you've done your cooking/lotus dailies (only 2 I make time for atm) so you can craft your 2 items of gear.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

For tailoring I only use SoH to make the non-CD pattern because it was worth more skill ups and I figured the epic patterns would need it (I was right)

I didn't buy any of the PvP patterns and still maxed it before hitting 90.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I am not sure what to do with my alts, it sucks to have to grind dailies on more than one toon, it takes at least an 40 mins to an hour to do klaxxi and GL in my tank spec.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well I plan to wait for 5.1 and the rep buff before grinding with any alts.

I'm sure they'll still rework the idea before it hits.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

I started on my druid this week, just because I don't want to do dailies on Frost (or at least not very many, I plan pumpkins every day and fish a little - and am very close to revered with Klaxxi). I don't picture myself getting her geared very fast if the rep grind is required for alts.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Well blizz mentioned that in 5.1 they might make it so once a toon is revered of better that all toons on that account would get double rep with that faction.

there are some issues with that but I'm sure it'll be worked out.

I AM
Premium Member
join:2010-04-11
Ephrata, PA

I AM to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
World of Dailycraft. I was turned off by this when I came back in WOTLK. I wasn't and still not a fan of daily quests.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

And don't forget you have to make you're prof's daily CD everyday

Ghastlyone
Premium Member
join:2009-01-07
Nashville, TN

Ghastlyone to Krisnatharok

Premium Member

to Krisnatharok
said by Krisnatharok:

said by clawfury:

So you want what hooked you to change to accommodate your changing lifestyle? How is that fair to Blizzard?

Also keep in mind, like someone else said, this is only the first tier of raiding. I simply see this as Blizzard trying to extend what is the end game. You only have to grind rep once.

Until the new faction rep releases with the next patch.

Firelands released, what did they add? More daily quests and rep grind.

Darkmoon Faire releases. What do they add? More daily quests.

New expansion releases. They inject steroids into their daily quest model and rep grind.

There is nothing fun about dailys and grinding rep. At all.

I notice not one person in this entire thread has stated they are having a blast with all the daily quests they're doing (must do)every day.
More of a neutral, dispassionate type of posts instead.

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D to clawfury

Premium Member

to clawfury
My 2 Silver (not copper. inflation, y'know):

1. Gating JP gear was silly. I'm glad they fixed that relatively quickly.

2. I said this before: they should have a rep tabard AND dailies. Dailies can still give Valor and charms as an incentive, but it removes the option of "play how you want"

3. I like that Valor is NOT necessarily on the gearing path. It's useful, but its not mandatory. No valor-only slots, or valor-only tier. They half-fixed that in DS with no valor tier, but you still needed valor to get backs and necks. I hope they maintain that concept.

4. I think the cooking thing is a nice touch. I like that you have to cook and farm to be individually optimal, but that there are options (other people's feasts) that narrow the gap significantly between non-cooks and cooks.

5. I understand for some players they want to be the best just by doing only group content, but there is an engagement argument to be made for some chores. Note that going forward, the cooking daily (for your token) takes all of 5 minutes. Having more rep with Tillers isn't necessary for cooking at all; it just makes it easier to grow your own stuff by expanding the farm.

6. Gating 2 factions behind revered of another is absolutely idiotic and I have no idea what they were trying to accomplish. Oh I think I'm going to go for that VP piece off Celestials but I don't think GoLo has anything for me? TOO BAD. Like ... let us choose.
cymraeg
Thread Killer
Premium Member
join:2011-06-07
Dodge, NE

cymraeg to Ghastlyone

Premium Member

to Ghastlyone
but yet, you will gladly farm mobs for salvagable shit to maybe get enough mats to maybe upgrade a non essential stat on gear that you can only reskin and not truely upgrade, you make no fucking sense.