kudos:2
Reviews:
·Clear Wireless
·Cox HSI
·Verizon FiOS

2 edits
reply to Count Zero

Re: [iPhone] Bigger Fail Than Maps ...

Proprietary is only good if it offers more FUNCTIONALITY. Micro USB isn't proprietary and I have no problem getting quality cables.

Meanwhile Apple-proprietary means great vendors like Hypermac getting sued even when they bought official Magsafe devices to cut the ends off for use in their battery products. So now you have to buy the battery and a stupid airline connector or do the soldering yourself.

The rest of that statement is silly. All made for iPod and no one else means is higher cost for those devices. If they have universal connectivity for Android and iPod it means they sell more and thanks to a little thing called economy of scale we get those goodies cheaper. I don't give a piss what Android users buy but the stuff I buy would be better without an Apple tax.

Badonkadonk
Premium
join:2000-12-17
Naperville, IL
kudos:5
Reviews:
·Dish Network
said by skeechan:

Proprietary is only good if it offers more FUNCTIONALITY. Micro USB isn't proprietary and I have no problem getting quality cables.

Meanwhile Apple-proprietary means great vendors like Hypermac getting sued even when they bought official Magsafe devices to cut the ends off for use in their battery products. So now you have to buy the battery and a stupid airline connector or do the soldering yourself.

The rest of that statement is silly. All made for iPod and no one else means is higher cost for those devices. If they have universal connectivity for Android and iPod it means they sell more and thanks to a little thing called economy of scale we get those goodies cheaper. I don't give a piss what Android users buy but the stuff I buy would be better without an Apple tax.

It's the "Instagram Phenomenon". I've never understood that attitude . . .
--
“The future must not belong to those who slander the prophet of Islam." - Barack Obama, UN Speech 9/25/2012. Ever hear of the First Amendment, BO? Vote Romney/Ryan and take America back.
Expand your moderator at work