how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

ndt

join:2008-08-22
Picayune, MS

Cleaning vinyl siding

What would be a good ratio of Bleach/Water to clean siding on a Mobile home ? Neighbor's is getting moldy looking from nearby bushes and trees. Thanks

Pacrat
Old and Cranky
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-10
Cortland, OH
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Time Warner Cable
I generally use 1:4 to deal with mold, but I'm not sure I'd want to use bleach on vinyl siding. I usually have to deal with concrete or stonework. Maybe... dishwashing liquid would be safer.
--
Keep your eye on the ball, your shoulder to the wheel, your nose to the grindstone, and your ear to the ground. Now, try to work in that position!!!

CovMac
Premium
join:2000-11-06
Covington, LA
Reviews:
·AT&T U-Verse
reply to ndt
Go to Lowes or Home Depot and get a gallon of Jomax and a couple gallons of bleach. Jomax: »www.rustoleum.com/CBGProduct.asp?pid=333

Mix 1 1/2 cups of Jomax and 4 1/2 cups of bleach into a 2 gallon pump-up sprayer and fill with tap water up to the 2 gallon mark on the sprayer. Spray on, covering the area/s generously. Wait 15 minutes or so, then rinse off with garden hose.

It works very well on the vinyl siding and aluminum eaves on my home and wipes out mold, mildew and algae. No pressure washer needed...
--
Mac

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1
reply to ndt
If you're mixing bleach and soap in a sprayer, fill the sprayer with water just shy of the fill line, add your bleach then the soap. Straight bleach and soap mixed without water gets really funky-looking, fast.

And it can make for other interesting reactions if the detergent happens to be incompatible with bleach.

(Jomax is compatible)
--
~Help Find a Cure for Cancer~
~Proud Member of Team Discovery ~

bob156

join:2012-10-13
reply to ndt
Do not use Bleach will stain ,, Use Laquerthiner it dissapate fast will remove anything ,,,Not paintthiner,,,

ndt

Picayune, MS
reply to CovMac
They found some Jomax at home depot.They're going to try that.Thanks,everyone.

DataDoc
My avatar looks like me, if I was 2D.
Premium
join:2000-05-14
Martinsburg, WV
Reviews:
·Comcast
·Suddenlink
reply to ndt
Avoid spraying any doorknobs that have keyholes. Cleaners can react with the metal pins inside and make them difficult to operate. Duct tape over them before spraying.
--
Calling it "tummy" fat doesn't make it any easier to lose.

ndt

Picayune, MS
Got you,Thanks..

walta

join:2001-05-22
Saint Louis, MO
kudos:2
reply to ndt
We need to wash the vinyl siding ever few years.

1 Dress in old clothing.
2 Mix 1 cup of household bleach with 1 gallon of water and squirt of dawn dish soap in a bucket.
3 Wet a 10 foot section of the siding with a hose.
4 With a rag wash the wall just like a car starting at the top.
5 When you reach the bottom rinse that section with a hose.
Starting at the bottom can make streak stains.

Walta

jack b
Gone Fishing
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-08
Cape Cod
kudos:1
reply to ndt
Be careful to avoid spraying the cleaning solution directly on any plants or shrubs.