Gone
Premium Member
join:2011-01-24
Fort Erie, ON

Gone to Hamilton1

Premium Member

to Hamilton1

Re: bell media channels launching in hd oct 4

Yeah, sounds like Comedy East and Comedy West.

trololol
@cgocable.net

trololol

Anon

Anyone else getting "Not Authorized" on MuchMusic HD? Bravo HD was not authorized until yesterday, and now it works.
cablesmurfet
join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON

cablesmurfet

722 is Comedy West.
MysticGuitar
join:2012-04-12
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar to trololol

to trololol
said by trololol :

Anyone else getting "Not Authorized" on MuchMusic HD? Bravo HD was not authorized until yesterday, and now it works.

I don't even have those channels yet. When I punch in '829' it jumps to 883.

I hope I get them eventually.

Patchouly
@cgocable.net

Patchouly

Anon

Still waiting on Discovery HD in Burlington. I spoke with the Cogeco rep here and she said it should have been up last Thursday.
tedh
join:2001-01-11
Burlington, ON

tedh

Well, still waiting in Burlington for

discovery hd 778
bravo hd 830
space hd 829
e hd 828
comedy east hd 721
ctv news hd 819
muchmusic hd 831

What gives?
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50

another empty promise from cogeco? that is why I am giving them up.

cogeco1
@teksavvy.com

cogeco1 to tedh

Anon

to tedh
said by tedh:

discovery hd 778
bravo hd 830
space hd 829
e hd 828
comedy east hd 721
ctv news hd 819
muchmusic hd 831

What gives?

What plan do you have? If you have just the Basic you do not have access to all of these ... If you have a higher package, than call Cogeco to check your account, you should get them
MysticGuitar
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

said by cogeco1 :

said by tedh:

discovery hd 778
bravo hd 830
space hd 829
e hd 828
comedy east hd 721
ctv news hd 819
muchmusic hd 831

What gives?

What plan do you have? If you have just the Basic you do not have access to all of these ... If you have a higher package, than call Cogeco to check your account, you should get them

I don't have these channels yet, either.
Going to probably give them a call later in the day, and see what's going on.

I'm on the Digital Select 8, and have nearly every channel, including the premiums. (excluding sports and French stuff)

If @tedh beats me to it, mind posting back? We're not too far from each other, so it's probably just a region thing. Still, if you called them, could you tell us what happened?

Also, a few of the channels appear to be working. Science HD is very entertaining.
But, I'm mostly interested in Space HD. The lack of that channel has actually tempted me to switch over to Bell, and if not for Bell only providing satellite TV where I am, rather than Fibe, I would have switched ages ago.
cablesmurfet
join:2012-05-28
Burlington, ON

cablesmurfet to cogeco1

to cogeco1
With Cogeco any channel that you subscribe to in SD you will get for free in HD. With reference to Space, it is a Digital Value Pack or higher channel. Most of the channels that were added (HD versions) are not Basic channels. Therefore, if you are a Basic subsciber you will not get them.
MysticGuitar
Waterdown, ON

MysticGuitar

said by cablesmurfet:

With Cogeco any channel that you subscribe to in SD you will get for free in HD. With reference to Space, it is a Digital Value Pack or higher channel. Most of the channels that were added (HD versions) are not Basic channels. Therefore, if you are a Basic subsciber you will not get them.

Well, that doesn't help me much, haha.

Still haven't called them. Been too busy to have a chat with tech support.
tedh
join:2001-01-11
Burlington, ON

tedh

Well, I finally contacted Cogeco regarding the missing HD channels in Burlington. Dropped by the Cogeco store at the Burlington Mall and at first the rep was surprised that I wasn't getting the HD channels (Discovery, Space, etc.). Then another rep said "Oh yeah, the core area (Burlington/Oakville) doesn't have them yet, but the surrounding regions do." That was why my first rep was confused - she is from Hamilton and gets all these HD channels already. When asking when they might become available, they said they didn't have an ETA and there was nothing on their systems that indicated anything imminent. The reps said they usually find out right as these get released/updated. So who knows how long we will have to wait yet!
robman50
join:2010-12-14

robman50 to tedh

to tedh
maybe they are going to launch them in 2013.