Alcohol
Premium Member
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI

Alcohol to 90115534

Premium Member

to 90115534

Re: iPad Mini

No. I'm more interested in the hybrid ultrabooks. You can remove the screen and use it as a tablet or you can dock it and use it as a laptop. It's not that much more expensive and it can run full windows.

Normal tablets seems so incompetent ever since i watched the announcements for the touchscreen laptops. Ipad and nexus are mobile OS that are very restrictive.

I also like the laptops where you can flip the keyboard around and use it as a base for a tablet.

Use the laptop and convert it to a tablet when you need. It beats having 2 different devices. One for fun and one for productivity.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

I would like to see Apple do something like this as well. I would like to be able to dock the iPad with an Apple keyboard doc which has an additional battery, USB port, card reader and so on.

I’d even go one step further to say that I would like a Mac Book Air like keyboard doc that runs OS X on an iPad screen when docked together. When separated the iPad can go back to iOS. Software would let you remote into the Mac Book Air like keyboard dock when not connected.

I’d also like to be able to dock an iPad with a Mac Mini and use the iPad as a display for the mini.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by Octavean:

I’d also like to be able to dock an iPad with a Mac Mini and use the iPad as a display for the mini.

»itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ··· 927?mt=8

The other stuff, not gonna happen.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Good app

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to Thinkdiff

MVM

to Thinkdiff
Fully aware that its likely to never happen I was only referring to what I would like to see. I’ve seen concept devices they may have come to market doing something similar with Windows and Android so it technically already been done.

For what its worth Air Display always seemed a little sketchy to me.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

said by Octavean:

Fully aware that its likely to never happen I was only referring to what I would like to see. I’ve seen concept devices they may have come to market doing something similar with Windows and Android so it technically already been done.

Apple's done a dock before, too. In 1992 for the PowerBook Duo line. I really don't see them doing it again. None of the previous dock-type devices have caught on, and I don't think they will in the future. Just my opinion though.
said by Octavean:

For what its worth Air Display always seemed a little sketchy to me.

Sketchy in what way? It worked well when I tried it out about a year ago. Some lag, but that's to be expected over Wifi.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

I was referring to the Lenovo Ideapad U1 Hybrid Tablet

»www.engadget.com/2010/01 ··· essions/

I don’t think they ever went to market with it though. Excellent idea IMO and I don’t recall seeing anything like this concept.

That’s what I was suggestion by “sketchy”. I should have just said laggy.

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

I was referring to the Lenovo Ideapad U1 Hybrid Tablet

»www.engadget.com/2010/01 ··· essions/

I don’t think they ever went to market with it though. Excellent idea IMO and I don’t recall seeing anything like this concept.

That’s what I was suggestion by “sketchy”. I should have just said laggy.

I've seen some nice concepts for windows 8. Not 2 different OS but that seems more cumbersome than having metro and desktop for windows.

HP Envy 2 looks like something you might want to look at. But i've seen all OEMs, sony samsung asus have their own hybrids.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· oxzEZfIY

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

Asus has a Transformer All-In-One Android and Windows 8 hybrid 18.4-inch desktop / tablet:

»www.engadget.com/2012/06 ··· mer-aio/

Great concept design IMO, not necessarily practical due to the size of the tablet though. Not totally unmanageable considering there are 17” laptops,….just no 18.4” tablets,……

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· =related

Alcohol
Premium Member
Climax, MI

Alcohol

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

Asus has a Transformer All-In-One Android and Windows 8 hybrid 18.4-inch desktop / tablet:

»www.engadget.com/2012/06 ··· mer-aio/

Great concept design IMO, not necessarily practical due to the size of the tablet though. Not totally unmanageable considering there are 17” laptops,….just no 18.4” tablets,……

(youtube clip)

Yeah, the concepts only work if the tablet is under 13". I'm personally going to go for either the lenovo »www.engadget.com/2012/10 ··· nounced/ or the asus.

I like the dell concepts but i'm not sure i trust dell hardware.