join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain

Re: [PvE] Pride and Ego: Leading the Alliance on Nathrezim

said by McBrain:

Got 3 epics in 24 hrs.

Up to 466 now. And switched to Fire...there will be blood in MSV next time I step in there.

Be sure to get that water elemental to wash off the counter top (don't want it covered in boss blood)

Ginjer
Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
said by DarkLogix:

Same boat here I just have some 450 shoulders to replace.

But I've gotten the GL VP ring, klaxxi VP neck, Tailor hands/chest, scribe OH (ilvl 468)

And everything is enchanted and gemed (rare quality MOP gems) (BTW any want me to grab a few off the AH before xfering?)

I am sure there will be a lot of things we could use off your server's economy. People talk about the lack of Metas all the time. Maybe see what type of Meta cuts there are there.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

K, I'll look for a few metas and rares.
I'm not going to grab to much as I just spent 5k on a 2nd set of head/back/leg heirlooms.

but last I looked gems were going cheap.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer to Ginjer

Premium Member

to Ginjer
agreed. We just need a few more metas for our raiders. If you can get world-drop recipes for "cheap" that would be awesome, too. But really... we just need you to fill out our raiding team.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Immer:

agreed. We just need a few more metas for our raiders. If you can get world-drop recipes for "cheap" that would be awesome, too. But really... we just need you to fill out our raiding team.

I am so stoked about leveling tonight. I can't wait to learn the new dungeons. I should hit 87. If all goes as planned, I will be ready to raid by the weekend. That gives me a few days of leveling/dungeons/professions leveling to catch up. Starting from level 1 has set me back.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Well My plan is to do the dailies then hit the AH to see if theres anything to smuggle over and then log off and xfer.

then check if the xfer reset the dailies, and do them again (to get a jump on rep.)

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to Ginjer

to Ginjer
Run heroics with me, guaranteed leather drops.....

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Lothario:

Run heroics with me, guaranteed leather drops.....

Well, depending on fast I can get leveling down, I would assume around 24 hours of game time. So, I figure 4-6 hours a night the rest of the week will get me close to where I need to be. As soon as I ding, I PL up LW and ENG, and then it is off to the races.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Immer

to Immer
Did anyone in our Scholo group pay attention to me that time I linked recount?

If not, I'll paraphrase what it said...

Damage done for Pyroblast last fight:
hit: 4 (avg: xxxx, max: xxxx)
crit: 2(avg:xxxx, max: 701576)

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by McBrain:

I just threw up in my mouth. That is all.
Ginjer

Ginjer to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Also, since my birthday is in four days, I am taking donations of all your goodies. Send me lots of shiny leather and ore from the Pandaren Isles.

TGIM. Oh wait, I don't think anyone likes Mondays (except Football is tonight).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

The RNG loves you.
now imagine the Dot from that rolling into combustion.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

1 edit

Ginjer to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
The more I am thinking about the state priorities, the more I am leaning towards having the HIT/Expertise stats. So, for you healers reading this, hopefully someone, what would you prefer? A tank that can help mitigate the damage and deal more damage by absorbing orbs? Or a tank that misses and lacks the DPS, but gains more avoidance stats and goes without the Gift of the Ox? Considering I will likely a MS DPS, I would assume I need to or should go with the HIT/Expertise stats as priorty. This would allow me to be a somewhat decent OT in the event that we need it. Thoughts?

Edited: Forgot to add in the avoidance part.

"Stat weights are…complicated. Agility is clearly the best stat, but the importance of secondary stats varies dramatically depending on your view of Gift of the Ox. If you can successfully use GotO orbs to heal yourself, hit/expertise becomes the best stat"

•Using Gift of the Ox: Go for hit/expertise caps (7.5% for hit, 15% for expertise). You’ll have to learn how to grab orbs without overhealing, but it’s a good skill, and you’ll want hit/exp anyway for windwalker DPS. After that, go for haste (more energy.) Reforge out of mastery (preferably) or crit. If you’re windwalker main spec or just don’t want to lose DPS, only go for 7.5% expertise.

•Not using Gift of the Ox: Go for parry/dodge (keep them roughly equal, but prioritize parry) and reforge out of mastery/hit/exp.)

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
It was on a trash mob...after that crit there wasn't an opportunity to use Combustion, lol.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Ginjer

Premium Member

to Ginjer
As a healer, I don't trust tank avoidance (because it might fail on a BIG hit and now I have to blow through some mana to stabilize you)... So my vote goes to active-mitigation stats, with avoidance being kept balanced (and below DR).

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Immer:

As a healer, I don't trust tank avoidance (because it might fail on a BIG hit and now I have to blow through some mana to stabilize you)... So my vote goes to active-mitigation stats, with avoidance being kept balanced (and below DR).

Yeah, it looks like Parry will be the biggest one. However, I am going to try out heroics when I get there without going into tank stats at first. Considering the OT aspect, if I am good at using my orbs and CDs, it should work out. However, if not, I can always go into parry, since Dodge has DR at a quick rate.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
said by McBrain:

It was on a trash mob...after that crit there wasn't an opportunity to use Combustion, lol.

And that is when I woke up.
Jobbie

Jobbie

Premium Member

After a long gaming weekend I got my Shaman to level 90 last night. Current ilevel is around 450 so I am not sure to have her ready to raid on tuesday.

She is enchanting/skinning so she was basically a feeder of mats for my other toons, so I will drop one to level JC and that way keep ENG at 600 on my paladin. Will keep Skinning to be able to feed our LWers with whatever I get from dailies then I will decide what to do with her proffesion wise.

The strat I used to level can help you guys if you have some extra cash and need to level something really fast, I had full rested xp with her on horde side and when I transfered I picked Panda as a race so when I logged in I had 3 full levels worth of rested XP so I really had to grind 89-90.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

You go JOBBIE!

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Ginjer:

You go JOBBIE!

Thanks man, now we have the perfect recipient for all the agi/int mail that nobody wants (can't uselol) and always drops.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

said by Ginjer:

You go JOBBIE!

Thanks man, now we have the perfect recipient for all the agi/int mail that nobody wants and always drops.

And, no competition for loot Should lead to a quick gearing.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by Ginjer:

You go JOBBIE!

Thanks man, now we have the perfect recipient for all the agi/int mail that nobody wants and always drops.

ahem... in addition to Skylara. But you can take all of that INT/Sprint mail.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

Well we don't always run with her, normally we have 3+ pallies a mage and a priest so we have more variety on team comps now for heroics.

You didn't hear?, Shaman is the new Hunter, that means "All gear is Shaman gear".

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

haha, no worries. We ran a couple of dungeons for her last night and she reached i460. I'll try to get her to run an LFR before tonight's raid (not a typical raid night, but I really just wanna kill those dogs before the reset!)

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

I likely won't be home till 8pm cst, legs aren't sore anymore from that "fun run" so I need to hit the gym.

I was home earlier than normal last week because my arms and legs were to sore for the gym.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
I still need a couple hundred VP to cap on my pally, so I will get to that when I get home before the raid, In case somebody wants to run a few heroics. Then I will chain heroics non stop with the SHAAAAMMMAAAAAN for valor and points and gear. Next "raid-lock" week I can start working on VP for both of them through dailies.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

With my plan to do dailies twice tonight I'm not sure if I'll be able to raid tonight (gotta get moar rep, and get guild rep too)

also does the VP cap reset with xfer? ok long shot I know.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

said by DarkLogix:

With my plan to do dailies twice tonight I'm not sure if I'll be able to raid tonight (gotta get moar rep, and get guild rep too)

also does the VP cap reset with xfer? ok long shot I know.

Raid > Dailies

Imagine how you'll feel if we down Stone Guard tonight while you're doing dailies.

Conversely, imagine how you'll feel tomorrow if you have a piece of 489 loot from Stone Guard, but didn't do your dailies Monday.

See what I'm sayin'?

VP cap and raid lockouts no longer reset with transfer. They used to on faction change, but they hotfixed that back in Wrath.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

1 edit

DarkLogix

Premium Member

It would be nice to have that counter top made of boss.

though I also really want to learn that Shado-pan weapon enchant and that august wrist enchant.

I have GL and klaxxi at revered and tiller's at exaulted.
I'm not to worried about cloud, they only have mounts for me and I'm at revered with them

so really the only priorities are shado-pan and august now, as there isn't much at exalted other than mostly mounts on most of them.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain

K, so you're benching yourself until you get the rep to buy the enchants, then you're enchanting everyone on the raid team's weapons and bracers prior to your return...sounds good to me.

I kid, I kid.