Premium Member
join:2009-08-14
Earth

Ginjer to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer

Re: [PvE] Pride and Ego: Leading the Alliance on Nathrezim

»www.worldofwargraphs.com ··· 0-0.html

This link may be more for the Brewmaster class, but the site is great to compare yourself to the top players in the game. It even compares professions, stat weights, etc. I would advise many of us taking a look at it and at least discussing the findings. It may make some difference in our raiding.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
join:2010-01-07
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Healers, limit your searches to those in 10m raiding guilds. Stuff changes when you move from 2 healers to 6.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
join:2010-05-06
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Ginjer

to Ginjer
I spent about 3 hours analyzing our logs on WoL last week. I guess I can do that every Saturday night, since Sunday is usually my morning to sleep in.

Once I learn everyone's rotations, etc. I should be able to see who is doing what when they should/shouldn't be. WoL is the most awesome resource ever, it just takes ages to learn to interpret the data.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

Healers, limit your searches to those in 10m raiding guilds. Stuff changes when you move from 2 healers to 6.

I think that is a good catch right there. I sorted it to show me the top players who have completed 5+ heroic. It is amazing to see the difference between those and the ones who have completed 2+ heroic. IE, take a peak at how the professions differ between the two filters.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Yep. Most serious raiders have a gathering toon (or more than one), and a raiding toon which has double non-gathering professions. I used to do that, but I don't any more. In most cases it's a 5% gain or less, and unless you're pushing ragged edge heroic content undergeared, it's just not that huge of an advantage.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by clawfury:

Yep. Most serious raiders have a gathering toon (or more than one), and a raiding toon which has double non-gathering professions. I used to do that, but I don't any more. In most cases it's a 5% gain or less, and unless you're pushing ragged edge heroic content undergeared, it's just not that huge of an advantage.

True of the professions. However, still a good resource for stats, etc. And of course you can still tweak things to meet your preferences.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Yep. Hey Ginjer, when you reach 90 I'm happy to steam roll you through a bunch of heroics, if you want. I'm sure McBrain and a bunch of others will be happy to help. You should have your pick of leather gear.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
join:2010-08-24
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:

You didn't hear?, Shaman is the new Hunter, that means "All gear is Shaman gear".

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Ginjer

to Ginjer
Now that we're on the topic of professions, I think I want to drop enchanting...there are several other max level enchanters in the guild, so in efforts not to overlap too badly, I want to swap to a different crafting profession.

I'm just not sure what would be most beneficial to me while raiding, or to the guild as a whole. Any advice?

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by McBrain:

Now that we're on the topic of professions, I think I want to drop enchanting...there are several other max level enchanters in the guild, so in efforts not to overlap too badly, I want to swap to a different crafting profession.

I'm just not sure what would be most beneficial to me while raiding, or to the guild as a whole. Any advice?

I would check out that site. Compare and contrast and pick what you like.

For Monk tanks, LW and BS is a clear choice. However, when you look at the WW Monks, four are close, LW/ALC/INS/BS. So, there in lies the question for me. As a DPS, maybe Alch or Inscri is better. Inscription seems easy to level. Plus, maybe I can make a profit that way.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I liked this explanation from TankSpot:

1) if you have 2 of them, forget about everything but staying alive
2) if you are tanking only one boss:
2a) Target the currently empowered boss and set it as your focus
2b) Wait for it to explode wait a few seconds and stare at your bosses feet
2c) If you see a giant glowing circle hit your target focus taunt focus macro and proceed to focus on nothing but staying alive
2d) If you don't see a circle repeat step 2 till you do

Nick D
Premium Member
join:2010-02-04
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

+1, that's solid info.

Another thing to note: the dog rotation this week will exclude either Jasper or Jade.

If Jasper is excluded, it is probably the easiest in terms of healing. No chains means each individual has to dodge purple and blue. If you're going to break cobalt mines, be sure to do it with caution: getting rooted under purple will be a problem. I'd recommend breaking only with personal CDs/full health during Amethyst Petrification so that even getting trapped in a puddle tickles.

If Jade is excluded, your healers will have a far easier time (as all but tank damage is avoidable), but it's the hardest execution-wise. You'll be chained while having to dodge mines and purple pools. This is what is known as a "fuck you". Miiiight be worth going two heals to get the kill quicker in this particular case.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

so you guys are not breaking chains, either?

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

We do when Jasper Petrification hits, but only for annoying pairs (basically anything that's not double melee)

Note that a fair amount of the time the petrification will only be up for like 10 seconds due to dog energies. So we just collapse back if necessary and they stay stuck until the next Jasper Petrification

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

gotcha.

McBrain
BRB Face Melting
Marietta, GA

McBrain to Nick D

to Nick D
said by Nick D:

Miiiight be worth going two heals to get the kill quicker in this particular case.

From some WoL analysis, ~40k dps is needed per person on average. Or ~280k collectively for a successful kill...this is on the low end, as the logs I looked at with these numbers took 7:20 to down the boss. If we have 8 damage dealers then we'd only have to average 35k to win...but healers would really be stressed in that scenario. 8 people averaging 40k would be 320k dps and we'd be talking a significantly shorter fight.

Immer, I seriously suggest giving two heals a try a couple of times this week. If we could turn a 7 minute encounter into a 5 minute encounter, that only bodes well for us.

Nick D
Premium Member
Orange, CA

Nick D

Premium Member

If Jade is out, 2 heals is probably suicidal.

Without Jade, there's very little raid damage, so have at it.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to McBrain

Premium Member

to McBrain
we'll give it a shot. I'm feelin' froggy. 'bout time I started pulling my weight around here!

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Last night I power leveled Alchemy up to 565. I only had to farm the infamous Goldthorn, Gromsblood, and Netherbloom. I am keeping Herbalism for the time being and stockpiling the mats for Xmutes and what not. I need to make an Alchemist's stone tonight. I will be Xmute spec'd, and need to do 4 x Living Steel to get the quest completed. Does anyone know what level in Alchemy you have to be to get the quest drop for the trinket?

Until I get that, I am unable to do Xmutes. I don't feel like creating the older model ones that take rediculous mats (tired of farming). Just goofing off for two hours questing I was able to kill my first two rare mobs, create the Umbrella from Archy, and get to 86 1/2.

@ Claw, thanks for offering your services for heroics.
@ Jobbie, thanks for the leather. That is going to help greatly here when I drop Herbalism.
@ Wrath, great job feeling in the blank herbs I needed help with. Hopefully some of those left over mats, etc. will be of use to someone else.
Ginjer

Ginjer to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Really? No alchemists know, or are we all still asleep!?!?! Just messing.

Venom14
join:2011-10-21
Augusta, GA

Venom14 to Immer

to Immer
said by Immer:

we'll give it a shot. I'm feelin' froggy. 'bout time I started pulling my weight around here!

i'm game, last week +learning strats was a bit much for 2 heals. I'm happy with how movement was looking last night. I think we pretty much got it.

@ginger some people work... some sit in an office and play wow in their heads until they get home and can play wow.

Ginjer
Premium Member
Earth

Ginjer

Premium Member

said by Venom14:

said by Immer:

i'm game, last week +learning strats was a bit much for 2 heals. I'm happy with how movement was looking last night. I think we pretty much got it.

@ginger some people work... some sit in an office and play wow in their heads until they get home and can play wow.

Good point there. It sucks when you get into work at 0600 and have your mission completed this early. Now I have to sit until 2p.m. and do nothing....

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

said by Jobbie:MV Thread :

My input from last night:

* Need 3 healers at least for our first kill
* Healers need to put special attention to tank with 2 dogs
* Moving as a pack brings down the dps big time
* Tanks need to work on taunting rotations and communication, if tank that has 2 and one is petrifying leave it alone.
* I need to work on my tank gear, I felt squishy when having 2 dogs
* Most of the deaths I saw were by jasper chains
* We need a shaman/druid

I agree, we need to gear up your Shaman
Tiermordius was actually playing with a fever and headache (I didn't realize until after the raid)... so we need him to be feeling better.

Keeping Tier and Frost as tanks allows us to not have to deal with melee dps, so I'd like to keep that going for now. Jobbie, don't worry about your tank gear, we can't manage 2 healing yet. We lost a lot of time last night to me trying to work out an ultimately failed strat (happens... still stings when the realization hits, though).

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie

Premium Member

I'll get my shaman ready this week then I will switch full time heals with him for the raid, we need a 3rd tank with equivalent gear for those times when Tier or Frost don't get to log in, unless you have somebody else in mind.

So basically I am switching my pally to tank gearing from the weekly LFR and VPs and focusing full time on the Shaman healing.

Shaman is currently 450 vs my pally 456 so I am not that far.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer

Premium Member

Pogasim (Ginjer See Profile) is currently my back-up tank plan.

It is so cool not to be the back-up tank now... but those were days gone buy when we only had 6 raiders.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Jobbie

to Jobbie
Jobbie,
When I'm on - if you need help with heroics, let me know. If I have time I'm always happy to help you catch your new alt up to speed. Will be great to have a shaman healer.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
Just wondering are we going to go for MV tonight right away or do LFR first?

I figure we might get some upgrades from LFR which could help with the raid.

Jobbie
Keep It Simple
Premium Member
Mexico

Jobbie to Immer

Premium Member

to Immer
said by Immer:

Thanks for letting me know that before hand, this changes everything.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
Let me know if you need a leg enchant for your healer, I can make ether the normal tailoring one or the epic one.

Immer
Gentleman
Premium Member
Evans, GA

Immer to Jobbie

Premium Member

to Jobbie
said by Jobbie:

said by Immer:

Thanks for letting me know that before hand, this changes everything.

oh, we have been discussion it off and on in the thread. His monk will be primarily dps... but we've been looking at how to best make him an OT.