All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
uniqs
rtfulk
join:2003-11-14
Pine Hall, NC

rtfulk to lanwarrior

to lanwarrior

Re: Grandfathered plan with iSpot - can I upgrade to new device?

I did the same thing last month and last week got a call from Clear telling me I had to either pay the 34.99 or 49.99. They offered me 25.00 for 3 months for the mishap, but told me it would go up after that.
lanwarrior
join:2007-08-09
Los Angeles, CA

lanwarrior

So far I am still getting charged $25 / month. Have not received any call from Clear forcing me to upgrade to the more expensive plan.

2 of my friends also upgraded their device in the last month and no issue either.

Did you call back and try to speak to a different agent?

rebus9
join:2002-03-26
Tampa Bay

rebus9

Interesting-- because THAT is precisely why I left Clear, with hard feelings.

My iSpot died THE DAY the warranty expired. What made it even more frustrating is I bought the iSpot but was unable to use it for more than a month. Our new iPods (4 Touch) had MAC addresses from a new range and the iSport firmware had not been updated to recognize them, so we had to wait for new firmware to be released-- more than a month later.

So because Clear sold us a product we couldn't use until new firmware was available, we had less than 11 months of use on the device when it died.

I called Clear to get a replacement, but was told they discontinued the iSpot and didn't have anything left in stock. I asked about buying the regular Spot device but using it with the same $25 plan-- and was promptly told NO by each support person I spoke with, including when the problem was escalated.

My last words were asking Clear to let me get this straight-- they were willing to let a paying customer walk away rather than continue the existing plan on a new device (that I would buy at my own expense).

They said that's they way it was, and there was nothing else they could offer except to "upgrade" to the regular Spot service at a higher monthly rate.

Bye bye, Clear. I went with T-Mobile and get much faster service with 1.5 GB (far more than I use) monthly data for $25. And the coverage area is FAR wider than Clear's sad little footprint.

So my iSpot dying and Clear being unwilling to help me in any way, was actually a good thing for me.
rtfulk
join:2003-11-14
Pine Hall, NC

rtfulk to lanwarrior

to lanwarrior
I spoke to 4 different agents. They to told me they were checking accounts that had the ispot and upgraded to another device. I started with the ispot and then upgraded to the Apollo, the power button broke and I upgraded to the voyager. That was when they wanted to start charging me the 34.99 or 49.99. I am not a heavy user some months I didn't even use it my biggest month of usage in 3 years was 6.7GB.

wimaxspot360
join:2013-01-25
Batavia, IL

wimaxspot360

If you have a voyager, it is the same prefix as a ispot, just call Clear and speak with a level 2 CMT rep and have them update the hardware profile to Infomark IMW-610 ISPOT and that all they need to do, no need to change any plans..

Infomark Devices start with 00:1E

Having an Apollo device will set off a trigger because Gemtek uses the 00:1D prefix for all of its modems and is the most common with CLEAR

avagyan
@rr.com

avagyan

Anon

Hi, I’ve lost my ispot, first Clear promised me to allow me to update the device, then they told me it’s not a possibility whatsoever. I’ve contacted notorious jaku, and I don’t know if I understood correctly he said that I can buy instead of ispot the old clearspot.
I’ve explained my problem here

»ispotunrestricted.com/fo ··· =3&t=333

Before buying a clearspot or the voyager from Worst Buy, what should I do? Should I call clear and tell them to change the device to another ispot and give them my clearspots MAC? They won't ask anything else?

Thanks a lot

wimaxspot360
join:2013-01-25
Batavia, IL

wimaxspot360

exactly!!!
Should I call clear and tell them to change the device to another ispot and give them my clearspots MAC? They won't ask anything else? Yes