uniqs
rchrd
join:2006-01-09
Oakland, CA

1 recommendation

rchrd to geeeker

to geeeker

Re: Would You Recommend Sonic.Net ?

Well, for completion, I should report that I have switched my DSL off AT&T and over to Sonic.net. The transition has been, so far, seamless. I was initially unable to connect up my Apple Airport to the Sonic.net modem and called customer support. Contrary to the previous comment, they did a superb job. I was on the phone with them for over an hour as we tried various strategies to change the operating mode to bridge rather than router. There were some problems, mostly due to settings on my side, but most of the interaction was done remotely from the Sonic office. I'm up and running, with the Sonic.net wireless disabled and all wireless activity via my Apple Airport. It's hard to tell what my real bandwidth is, but dslreports tools report close to 5 MB/s down and better than 1.2 MB/s upload, which is better than I was getting. So far, so good.

saronian
join:1999-09-07
Oakland, CA

saronian

Richard - I'm glad your switch went smoothly. I made the same switch about a year ago and it has been fantastic. I'm also in Oakland about 1800' from the CO and getting Fusion speeds of 16+Mbps Down/0.85Mbps Up.

Also Mac OS x 10.8 with and AirPort Extreme.

Congratulations on the conversion!