Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9
Reviews:
·TELUS

[News] Office (2013) Reaches RTM!

October 11,2012

quote:
the Office engineering team signed off on the Release to Manufacturing (RTM) build. This milestone means the coding and testing phase of the project is complete and we are now focused on releasing the new Office via multiple distribution channels to our consumer and business customers.

This is the most ambitious release of Office we've ever done. It spans the full family of Office applications, servers and cloud services. The new Office has a fresh, touch friendly design that works beautifully on Windows 8 and unlocks modern scenarios in social, reading, note-taking, meetings and communications. We are proud to achieve this milestone and are eager to deliver this exciting release to our customers.

General availability is planned for the first quarter of 2013. Starting October 19, customers purchasing Office 2010 from local retailers or resellers will receive the new Office for free upon availability. Customers will also see a preview version of the new Office on Windows RT devices, beginning with the Windows 8 launch on October 26.
Read the announcement at »blogs.office.com/b/office-news/a···rtm.aspx
--
Gladiator Security Forum: www.gladiator-antivirus.com/

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13

1 recommendation

Thanks for the update, all I need is time to check it out.

Cudni

izy
Premium,MVM
join:2000-09-21
endless loop
kudos:2

1 recommendation

reply to chachazz

I tried Office 2013 Beta for about a week. The blinding white interface in Outlook gave me headaches, colors are all washed out. I hope they come out with some better color schemes with the RTM.
--
"Intellectuals solve problems, geniuses prevent them." Einstein

jadinolf
I Love You Fred
Premium
join:2005-07-09
Ojai, CA
kudos:8
reply to chachazz

And I just installed Open Office.
--
Printed on 100% recycled bytes

join:2012-09-07
reply to chachazz

Will have a try~

chachazz
Premium
join:2003-12-14
kudos:9

1 recommendation

reply to Cudni

... now available to TechNet and MSDN subscribers.

Dustyn
Premium
join:2003-02-26
Ontario, CAN
kudos:11

1 recommendation

reply to jadinolf

said by jadinolf:

And I just installed Open Office.

And I just installed LibreOffice.

takeahike
Premium
join:2005-01-07
Woodland Hills, CA
reply to chachazz

Does anyone know the contents of the Office 2013 download with this file name: en_office_professional_plus_2013_x86_x64_dvd_1135709.iso? It's on the technet site as a combined x86 and x64 version along with individual x86 and x64 downloads. Is it just two separate installers inside the one .iso or is it some sort of all-in-one disk where you get a menu and pick which one to install like you can make with Windows .iso's? Thanks in advance!

See: »technet.microsoft.com/en-us/subs···FileId=0 (hit back button once to see proper page or search 'Office 2013')
--
"The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry . . . " --Robert Burns

takeahike
Premium
join:2005-01-07
Woodland Hills, CA
reply to chachazz

So, is anyone using this? Since I have pretty much ruled out Windows 8 this has more or less been dumped in the same 'probably not' bin. Has anyone tried it and found any improvements worthy of consideration?
--
"The best laid schemes of mice and men often go awry . . . " --Robert Burns

LeeBee
It's Dark Out There

join:2003-06-18
Swissieland

I have it on Win8 since it hit technet, it works nicer with Skydrive and the UI is metro-esque but it runs in the desktop.

It's benefiting from me using my outlook.com account for signing into Win8. No complaints.

Cudni
La Merma - Vigilado
Premium,MVM
join:2003-12-20
Someshire
kudos:13
reply to chachazz

Installed it. Like it so far.

Cudni