how-to block ads

Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

mikedz4

join:2003-04-14
Weirton, WV

[VOD] no local news on-demand?

We used to have kdka and wtrf local news on-demand here. I looked the other day and NOW have NO NEWS on-demand.
Did comcast quit offering news on-demand?

Mgsports

join:2004-11-11
Olathe, KS

Your Station might have quit because TWCKC gets KCPT and Metro Sports On Demand but Comcast doesn't.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to mikedz4

I've never seen local news on demand. I would guess no one was watching, as a news stations website is a faster way to get old information.
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

I liked it. Being able to watch the complete local news after work if I work til 7 or 8 pm.

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1

said by mikedz4:

I liked it. Being able to watch the complete local news after work if I work til 7 or 8 pm.

Timeshifting (watching shows when you want to) is one reason for a DVR.

mikedz4

Weirton, WV

not when your dvr fills up quickly. Never realized how little space 500gb is. Comcast needs a 1tb dvr.

Russ6

join:2011-03-17
Houston, TX
kudos:1

In the SA/Cisco set-top box markets, you can add an external hard drive. External hard drives are being tested in the Motorola set-top box markets.

Or you can get a second or third DVR etc. for more storage and to record more shows. I don't think you can have a second DVR if you have AnyRoom DVR functionality.

beachintech
There's sand in my tool bag
Premium
join:2008-01-06
kudos:5
reply to mikedz4

That's what the 10/11pm news is for. Most local stations around here also let you watch the broadcast via the web anytime. Hell of a lot cheaper to do that then produce video for VOD.
--
Ex-Tech at the Beach.
I speak for myself, not my former employer.

dishrich

join:2006-05-12
Springfield, IL

1 recommendation

reply to mikedz4

said by Mgsports:

Your Station might have quit because TWCKC gets KCPT and Metro Sports On Demand but Comcast doesn't.

Thx much for yet another totally nonsensical & unrelated post...

said by mikedz4:

We used to have kdka and wtrf local news on-demand here. I looked the other day and NOW have NO NEWS on-demand. Did comcast quit offering news on-demand?

Well considering KDKA is outside your local DMA, your (actual) local CBS affiliate probably forced CC to remove all KDKA related prog - INCLUDING OD prog.

Considering the market you're in, & the makeup of your (few) actual local stations, I'm surprised WTRF EVER had OD for CC.

Like was already told you, THAT'S what you have a DVR for.
Or you could maybe use that PC you have & watch it OD to your heart's content.

So when ARE you going to switch to DirecTV once & for all...so you can then start kvetching about all it's shortfalls in the satellite forum. (& trust me - it HAS them... )

localnews236

@comcast.net

Local news on demand is available in the Bay Area still. Perhaps the stations stopped participating for some reason.