spc
Search similar:

uniqs
valinrace
join:2012-10-04

valinrace

about motherboard?

Hi guys,

can anyone help me out how to detect if my motherboard has a problem, any suggestions and clues? thanks in advance

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed

MVM

Check out all other possibilities and if those all turn out ok - then the mb is the only thing left.

There is no one test that will tell you the mb is bad and with no information on the issue(s) - no one can give you ideas on potential causes.

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru to valinrace

to valinrace
What kind of motherboard do you have, make and model? What problems are you experiencing with your motherboard?
valinrace

valinrace

Iam experiencing some issues on my Ram sometimes it can be seen and and sometimes not, also I tried other RAM to be inserted but experience the same also, even on other slots of the motherboard, so its the motherboard?
scajjr
join:2005-03-01
Kingston, NH

scajjr

Make sure the memory is the right type (DDR2, DDR3) and speed (667, 800, 1333, 1600, etc) for your motherboard. If it is correct and different memory sticks exhibit the same problems then the memory slots on the board or the controller chip on the board could be failing. So the motherboard is probably on it's way out.

Sam
valinrace

valinrace

Alright I will check what you have said now and will update you if you have said was right. I hope this really helps.
Forhad
join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON

Forhad to valinrace

to valinrace
As you said you've tried other RAM then It's definitely a motherboard issue.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to valinrace

MVM

to valinrace
I have had ram look like it was an issue but the PSU was the issue...
valinrace

valinrace

I really hope its only a ram issue not a motherboard its there any more possibility that its only a ram slot issue?