uniqs

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

[iO] FCC to Allow Encryption of Broadcast Basic

Here are all of the details...

»www.broadcastingcable.co ··· tion.php

I wonder if Cablevision plans to follow through and implement this. I would guess that they will.

matcarl
Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl

Premium Member

They are, they were one of the ones who pushed the FCC into getting rid of that law.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to limegrass69

Premium Member

to limegrass69
So, would you still need a box for BB package?
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Yes boxes would be required

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Okay, thank you for clarifying

n2jtx
join:2001-01-13
Glen Head, NY

n2jtx to limegrass69

to limegrass69
When that happens I say goodbye to my BB service. I do not want a "box" and my main TV is already connected to an antenna anyhow. The only channels I have issues with are 21 and 55 but I may get a rotator and solve that problem.

Rateboost
@optonline.net

Rateboost to limegrass69

Anon

to limegrass69
fk now I cant even watch the 12 nba games broadcast this year, ah well atleast i have friends

limegrass69
No Whammies
join:2008-05-28

limegrass69

said by Rateboost :

fk now I cant even watch the 12 nba games broadcast this year, ah well atleast i have friends

I'm sure you'll be able to get a free box for at least a year.

SirQAM
@verizon.net

SirQAM

Anon

said by limegrass69:

said by Rateboost :

I'm sure you'll be able to get a free box for at least a year.

One of the central intents of the 1992 legislation, as amended in 1994, was to encourage consumer-grade equipment to be compatible with cable television service. Translation: Reduce the dependency on additional hardware.

Even today, storage disks have given way to high-capacity storage drives which, in some instances, are giving way to cloud storage. Despite the grand-standing claims by Cablevision, this legislation is a step BACKWARDS.

Throwing a single-year free converter box rental is less than throwing a bone to subscribers. The cable industry really scored one for corporate america with this deal.

Unfortunately, sports FANATICS will buckle. So too will others whose insatiable appetite for certain tiers of programming could best be described as an addiction. And lastly, what young male in his 20s doesn't want to replicate his favorite weekend bar, which has anywhere between 10 and 100 flat-screens EACH VISIBLY CONNECTED TO AN SA4200??? His visiting friends won't let him live down the absence of this specific hardware... He already has buckled...

Cablevision will continue to profit off renting 2004-era devices and the Dolans will reap the rewards. The consumer is the only sucker in this deal...