Search Topic:
uniqs
share rss forum feed

decifal

join:2007-03-10
Bon Aqua, TN
kudos:1

U760 vs Iphone 4

Soo odd that my iphone 4 which is now on a shared plan so I started using it from time to time as my connection before dropping millenicom for budget reasons. Seems to do just as good if not better than my U760 setup I had with Millenicom.. Though when using the yagi and cyfire amp the stat numbers seemed to improve the speeds never really did.. I even taped the router with the modem to the same window my Iphone is just casually sitting next to on the desk and the freakin phone is pushing data and pages faster with a quicker snap feeling to the response than the other equipment....

Is verizon throttling third party subscribers? All signs point to yes from my location..

Lamiel

join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI
Reviews:
·Skyweb Online

Verizon does not throttle Millenicom customers, no. One factor may be that you're comparing page loads on a mobile browser to whatever desktop browser you used on your computer - unless of course, you were using your iphone on wifi while still a Millenicom customer, and that's the platform you're using for your comparison, in which case I don't have a ready answer for why you'd see a performance difference.
--
Core2Quad Q9450 @ 3.4GHz, XFX 780i SLI mobo, MSI GTX 560 OC, 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2-1066, Samsung 20x optical, Samsung F3 1TB HDD, Antec TP3 650 watt PSU, CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case, Win7 Home Premium 64 bit...

Jack_in_VA
Premium
join:2007-11-26
North, VA
reply to decifal

Verizon doesn't appear to be throttling here. U760 just sticking in USB port on wife's computer.

decifal

Bon Aqua, TN
reply to Lamiel

I'm surfing on the desktop through my phone via tethering... But my daughters laptop accesses it via wifi...

The U760 with the mbr1000 my desktop was hooked via Cat5 yet daughters laptop wifi.. Same results on both system with both devices.....

I just find it odd..

decifal

Bon Aqua, TN
reply to decifal

I guess its possible that somethings wrong with my equipment.. Even though after hooking up the antenna the signal stats looked better, and when I used the amp it got slightly better on top of that.... But never better than just surfing using the phone as a hotspot/tethered modem....

Just doesn't smell right

Lamiel

join:2008-04-05
Saint Johns, MI
Reviews:
·Skyweb Online
reply to decifal

Ahh, I see... Well, perhaps the iphone is just better at picking up a signal? Although, in my experience, cell phones aren't as effective as a dedicated USB modem; still, I've never used the U760, so I don't have first hand knowledge of it's performance.
--
Core2Quad Q9450 @ 3.4GHz, XFX 780i SLI mobo, MSI GTX 560 OC, 4GB Patriot Viper DDR2-1066, Samsung 20x optical, Samsung F3 1TB HDD, Antec TP3 650 watt PSU, CoolerMaster Centurion 5 case, Win7 Home Premium 64 bit...