share rss forum feed

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
kudos:1
reply to Mele20

Re: [FireFox] Click-to-Play Plugins in Firefox beta

Well for once I agree with Mele [gasp ].

The plugin container is really annoying,I have it set to ask in my firewall,cause it would just freeze FF for a few seconds when it loaded.

Whenever I finish with a certain page I just terminate the process in the taskmanager...............no idea why Mozilla went this route but they have to figure another way .
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~

EdmundGerber

join:2010-01-04
said by ZZZZZZZ:

Well for once I agree with Mele [gasp ].

The plugin container is really annoying,I have it set to ask in my firewall,cause it would just freeze FF for a few seconds when it loaded.

Whenever I finish with a certain page I just terminate the process in the taskmanager...............no idea why Mozilla went this route but they have to figure another way .

You can disable the plugin container by doing the following. Then, in task manager, you're left with Firefox.exe - no more plugin container.
My browser didn't crash that often, so I felt I'd rather chance a crash bringing the whole browser down, and get rid of an extra process.

»kb.mozillazine.org/Plugin-contai···_plugins

ZZZZZZZ
Premium
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE
Thanks for reminding me about how to disable it.............and the ''click to play'' is an awesome idea.

SwIron and Chrome use it and it makes them run a lot better and more stable.
--
~~Go Lions....back to back Cups!!~~