Premium,MVM
join:2000-07-29
Las Vegas, NV
kudos:5
Looks good.

Millertyme

@embarqhsd.net
reply to kinco
After multiple trips from the Centurylink team to fix my problem......I have solved my issue. I had DSL installed a month ago and have had Internet disconnects every 15 to 16 minutes from day 1. After all new lines to my house....3 different new modems....and 5 different ports at the phone company, I still had the same problem. I could watch my modem stats for IPV4 uptime and it would count up to 15 to 16 minutes and then it would reset and start back over from 1 second. At the same time this happened I would lose my internet connection...but my DSL signal stayed on. It is the same problem that I have seen over and over on the internet with people playing different online games and getting disconnected with the PK5001z modem. The fix was to replace this modem with an older stlye 660 modem. My internet works like a charm now!!!! Obviously Zytel needs a firmware update for this modem to shut off the IPV4 uptime counter to fix this problem. As this is one of their newest modems in service, there is still no firmware upgrade as of yet. I really like the modem and would like to use it again so PLEASE update the firmware in this modem soon!!

tice

@va.gov
I am having the exact same problem with my new Zyxel PK5001z modem from CenturyLink. Basically makes playing online games that need to connect to a server unplayable because every 15 to 30 minutes I'll lose the connection to the server. I read somewhere else that setting the modem to bridge mode and then setting up a wireless router in bridge mode would solve the problem, but I am having an issue getting my Netgear WNDR3700 setup in bridge mode. Looks like it might be easier to get an older modem like the 660 and use that instead.

olle

@embarqhsd.net
exact same problem here, because of that cant watch or listen any streaming media, not longer than 10-15 min anyway. I watched for hours that ipv4 counter. Stupid thing and centurylinjk customer service was no help[ either.

Millertyme

join:2012-11-27
Mansfield, OH
reply to Millertyme
Email received from Zyxel :

We're looking into the problem in partnership with CenturyLink because this may require network related investigation. I would like to have the link of where you found other people having this same issue because this is something that has not been brought up to our attention, if there is any more information you can provide would also be helpful in trying to find a resolution to the issue.

Thank you,

Description: sig2Luis Serrano
Tech Support| ZyXEL Communications, Inc.
p: 714.632.0882 - f: 714.632.0858 - @: luiss@zyxel.com
www.us.zyxel.com | 1130 N Miller St Anaheim, CA 92806

I am still using the older 660 modem and have not had a problem yet. I keep checking the modem firmware update page but there is no update as of yet. I suggest if you are having this same problem as I had to email Zyxel and tell them your problem and reference them to this website. Good luck and if anything changes I will update this posting.
Tom

LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
Same problem in Florida with ZyXEL PK5001Z modem on CenturyLink. The PK5001Z reset the IPV4 connection every 15 to 19 minutes for 6 seconds.

A CenturyLink technician came 5 times, spend over a day before replacing the ZyXEL PK5001Z with a ZyXEL EQ-660R to solve the problem.

CenturyLink should really spend some time to solve that major problem with this new ZyXEL PK5001Z DSL modem.

Millertyme

join:2012-11-27
Mansfield, OH
reply to Millertyme
Updated firmware version CZP002-4.3.009.16 is now available for download in your pk5001z modem configuration under update firmware. We shall see how it works. Thanks Centurylink and Zytel for listening to our issues,

Tom Miller

LanAdmin

join:2010-11-07
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·ELECTRONICBOX
·voip.ms
said by Millertyme:

Updated firmware version CZP002-4.3.009.16 is now available for download in your pk5001z modem configuration under update firmware. We shall see how it works. Thanks Centurylink and Zytel for listening to our issues,

Tom Miller

Can you confirm the problem of ZyXEL PK5001Z resetting the IPV4 connection every 15 minutes is solved?