Ottawa, ON
kudos:3
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Ontarionet

Re: I want to be contacted asap!!!

said by Ontarionet:

Don't you have something better to do?

Am I not allowed to vent here now since I have a brainwashed mob who seem to love Canada but don't like freedoms, I guess.

I'm not replying anymore. I know that others are having trouble with the internet so talk to them and see how they are feeling today.

Yes, your're allowed to vent but don't be nasty when people provide their comments.

Ontarionet

join:2005-07-05
Guelph, ON
reply to scorpido
said by scorpido:

Ontarionet, aside from the bill thing, you are right about how Bell and Rogers screws with the smaller providers. I also think it is about time people stand up and tell them to stop messing with people. CRTC is your first point of contact, and by the way my neighbor who also has teksavvy also has lots of disconnects, and she just got fed up trying to deal with them as they always blame Bell. But yeah I hear yeah with regards to indie isp service being crap thanks to the big guys making it bad and no one having the balls to do anything about it.

Thanks. I'm glad I received one sensible reply.

My rant was mostly about Rogers/Bell, really. I realize that Teksavvy and others have sent letters and protested to the CRTC and all that. But, although that is very good, it is disconcerting that even these moves seem to have only a limited effect on them.

I'm not sure what the solution is (if there is one) but I guess that is where the rant came from.

Ontarionet

Guelph, ON
reply to Mike2009
How was I being nasty?
If people want to beat their chests while Canada has a poor state of telecommunications (both internet and wireless), that's fine. But, complaining and whining about my comments doesn't really accomplish anything.

AkFubar
Admittedly, A Teksavvy Fan

join:2005-02-28
Toronto CAN.
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
said by Ontarionet:

said by Mike2009 See Profile
Yes, your're allowed to vent but don't be nasty when people provide their comments.
[/BQUOTE :

How was I being nasty?
If people want to beat their chests while Canada has a poor state of telecommunications (both internet and wireless), that's fine. But, complaining and whining about my comments doesn't really accomplish anything.

I seriously doubt your rant will accomplish anything either.
--
If my online experience is enhanced, why are my speeds throttled?? BHell... A Public Futility.

Ontarionet

Guelph, ON
said by AkFubar:

said by Ontarionet:

said by Mike2009 See Profile
[/BQUOTE :

How was I being nasty?

I seriously doubt your rant will accomplish anything either.

Well, I get to blow off steam. Maybe one person thinks about it and ultimately sees where I'm coming from. If so, then it does.

zacron
Premium
join:2008-11-26
canada

1 edit
reply to Ontarionet
OT:

Canada isn't a free County at this exact moment in time. If I could go and setup my own free-speech umm, Radio Station on some commercial channel without being completely told what to do by the crtc (no problem paying the fee by the way... that's just business)... then I would consider us a free nation.

HOWEVER (that's a big however), Canada is mostly free, open and RESPECTFUL. We are amazingly tolerant of other nationalities taking over our soil and we even welcome them better than we do our own flesh and blood.

So, before you go attacking one of the best IISP's (for fighting for freedoms and open transparency cum polite communication in a publicly viewable forum); I would ask that you take a stern look at yourself in the mirror and ask if all of this was worth it.

Canada's not the best but; it can be.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v=izgc7IhcGG4

--
"Lord giveth but he also taketh away"
»www.speedtest.net/result/2102768148.png

RMerlin

join:2009-10-09
Montreal, QC
said by zacron:

OT:

Canada isn't a free County at this exact moment in time. If I could go and setup my own free-speech umm, Radio Station on some commercial channel without being completely told what to do by the crtc (no problem paying the fee by the way... that's just business)... then I would consider us a free nation.

I would say there is a fine line between "freedom" and "anarchy".

Atticka

join:2001-11-26
Montreal, QC
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to Ontarionet
I think a lot of people might get a little upset that you called Canada a "toilet bowl country" because you have/had a problem with your internet, that would be a slight over reaction.

I'm a little upset about it personally, but I'm not going to resort to calling you names, doing so with simply not solve anything.

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed
reply to Ontarionet
I'm going to take CANADA out of what you said... Go to any country and say their country is a "TOILET BOWL COUNTRY" and see what reaction you get. It will not go over well anywhere. Try it in the US... Mexico, or even Britain. You really can't expect someone isn't going to get offended, or going to point out that maybe your comment went a little too far, especially over this issue. I agree need to make changes, but insulting the entire country isn't a way to get people to listen or cause change. It will just turn supporters against your cause.

Ontarionet

Guelph, ON
I really don't care. I still hate this country.

Inssomniak
The Glitch
Premium
join:2005-04-06
Cayuga, ON
kudos:2
This thread is hilarious, a guy that hates an entire country because his Internet sucks.
--
OptionsDSL Wireless Internet
»www.optionsdsl.ca
Expand your moderator at work

koreyb
Open the Canadian Market NOW

join:2005-01-08
East York, ON
Reviews:
·VMedia
·Rogers Hi-Speed

1 edit
reply to Ontarionet

said by Ontarionet:

I really don't care. I still hate this country.

Be proactive and push for change of what you don't like... or leave... No one is making you stay here if you hate it that much.. I REALLY can't stand people like you who insult the entire country and say they hate it so much, but stay here, and do nothing to change things to help make it better.

I'm happy to have my true freedom, and although I'm not a fan of our gov or politics, I would never move anywhere else. I'm married to an American, and the reason we live here and not in the US is due to a lot of reasons, but it's mostly due to more freedoms, and actual healthcare here.

I'm not trying to change your mind, but please understand with your attitude, understand I won't be upset if the door hits you on the way out.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28

LOL, was that doctored or is that an actual still shot of JLP?
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Pierre
Baby, Wanna see what 300Gigs looks like?
Premium
join:2011-09-23
Chatham, ON
I hope it's a real picture of JLP ....

UK_Dave

join:2011-01-27
Powassan, ON
kudos:2
Reviews:
·TekSavvy DSL
reply to koreyb
I'm going to take CANADA out of what you said... Go to any country and say their country is a "TOILET BOWL COUNTRY" and see what reaction you get. It will not go over well anywhere. Try it in the US... Mexico, or even Britain.
---------------------------

Even Britain!?! Steady on old chap. We don't do that sort of thing over there. We might water down his cup of tea, we may give him a smaller piece of scone with his afternoon tea. We may force him to watch cricket instead of rugby. We might not tell him what happened in last nights Coronation Street if he's *really* obnoxious.

And if that fails, we'll just punch him in the face and go for a pint.

OP, you should be right proud of living here. I know I am.

Crowbar1

join:2009-06-23
Toronto , ON
reply to Anon
said by voxframe:

Oh I'm sure the mods will flog me...

But it's still going to be worth it.

I see the pic i posted has been removed , but everything else is fine ? I'm being singled out and punished for my opinion , i can see that my input is not welcome here .

BronsCon

join:2003-10-24
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to Ontarionet
said by Ontarionet:

How was I being nasty?

Unfortunately, neither do your comments.

You may get a refund, credit, or discount and that may all be well with you, but it does f***-all to address the greater issues you have already acknowledged in this thread.

As a neutral outsider (a couple thousand miles outside TSI's service area), I have to say they're doind the best they can with what they have and it's time (and has been for some years now) that users such as yourself take these complaints to the CRTC, as it's not enough for the providers themselves to do so.

I've said this time and again and everyone always jumps on me for defending TSI when I do. You know what? I support TSI for what they do but anyone with any sense also sees that I rip on them when it is due, so let me head that off right here. Yes, I defend them when someone is going out of their way to ignore the facts of the situation; that's nto the case here, Ontarionet has already acknowledged the facts. I'm merely pointing out the most logical course of action.

BronsCon

join:2003-10-24
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviews:
·SONIC.NET
reply to Crowbar1
said by Crowbar1:

said by voxframe:

Oh I'm sure the mods will flog me...

But it's still going to be worth it.

I see the pic i posted has been removed , but everything else is fine ? I'm being singled out and punished for my opinion , i can see that my input is not welcome here .

LOL I'm sorry I missed it.

voxframe

join:2010-08-02
reply to Ontarionet
LOL I'm just surprised my pic is still up there this morning

I was betting it would make a good 20minutes max.

(And yes I do hope that is a true pic of JLP, I just grabbed it from images.google)

Tyreman

join:2002-10-08
Canada
reply to Ontarionet
Its gotta be something in the drinking water
--
Southern Ontario,Canada

Ontarionet

Guelph, ON
reply to Tyreman

said by Tyreman:

Its gotta be something in the drinking water

What would we do if you didn't reply?!? LOL!

Thanks for the contribution.

Well, the problem is finally solved. Thanks to TSI.

I think there are complaints and venting throughout other posts, though. Anytime Rogers or Bell has influence or control, there will be some.

RMerlin

join:2009-10-09
Montreal, QC
said by Ontarionet:

Well, the problem is finally solved. Thanks to TSI.

I think there are complaints and venting throughout other posts, though. Anytime Rogers or Bell has influence or control, there will be some.

Does that mean you are upgrading our status from "toilet bowl country" to "bathtub country" now?