Premium Member
join:2012-07-09

3 edits

TSI Keith

Premium Member

Current Outage Report/Update for 10/18

Hello everyone,

Here is an update on our current ongoing issues:

St Laurent - Master Ticket opened for DHCP issues - Will be resolved ASAP - No ETA at this time

Province of Quebec - Congestion - Ongoing - New link going up Oct. was to be installed on the 16th as resolution, should be live early next week.

Thank you,
Keith
dhreceni
join:2009-08-28
Kitchener, ON

dhreceni

Re: Current Outage Report/Update

This has not been resolved in Kitchener. I am unable to obtain an ip address. I have powercycled multiple times.

TSI Keith
Premium Member

TSI Keith

Premium Member

Hello,

In the areas that are reported as cleared we are advising you turn off all your equipment, wait at least 5 minutes while offline.. Start the modem.. Wait until its fully online, then start the rest of your equipment.

If you have done all this and there is still an issue then please contact us here: »/forum ··· avdirect so we can open a ticket and look into this further for you if this has not already been done.

Thank you,
Keith
kanata000
join:2012-10-13

kanata000 to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith
I'm in Kanata near Fallowfield and it's still not working for me. I just reset the modem. DHCP only works for one of my machines (it seems to be MAC locked), I've reset the modem numerous times - no change.
dhreceni
join:2009-08-28
Kitchener, ON

dhreceni to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith
I have performed these steps exactly (i am trying again). I have had a post in the direct forum since 11 am.

TSI Keith
Premium Member

TSI Keith

Premium Member

I actually just responded to your direct forum post with the troubleshooting information we would need in order to open a ticket for you should this next reset not help either.
BritanniaTec
Ottawa, ON

BritanniaTec to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith
I'm in Britannia,and the issue is still not resolved.
What needs to be done?
I opened up a new topic in the direct forum
sloooowdsl
join:2009-11-17

sloooowdsl to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith
Same here in Kanata south and issue not resolved. Can not access direct forum on my phone.

TSI Keith
Premium Member

TSI Keith to kanata000

Premium Member

to kanata000
For a MAC lock I would recommend that you perform a factory reset on the modem as well as the typical power cycle and see if this helps any. Also if you are using a router and know how you can try and clone the mac of the working machine onto your router and see if that may help.
kanata000

kanata000

Way ahead of you. Tried that lots of times. No dice.

TSI Keith
Premium Member

TSI Keith to BritanniaTec

Premium Member

to BritanniaTec
If you have posted in direct already we will notate your account and provide you with the information we would need in order to open a ticket for you.
TSI Keith

TSI Keith to sloooowdsl

Premium Member

to sloooowdsl
If you are unable to access the direct forum or call in to our tech support please PM you your account info and I can provide you with the information we would need that way. Or you can email us at support@teksavvy.com

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan to sloooowdsl

Premium Member

to sloooowdsl
can you send a PM from your phone? Just so we can provide you with an email address to send your info to.

TSI Keith
Premium Member

TSI Keith to kanata000

Premium Member

to kanata000
Sounds like you're ahead of the game there then!

I see you've posted in direct as well. We will be in touch there and let you know what information we would need to get a ticket going for you.

Thank you
BritanniaTec
Ottawa, ON

BritanniaTec to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith
I got 2 threads open in the Direct forum, still no one requested any additional info from me.
I need a solution today. Im almost 4 days without any Internet, feels like I'm living in a 3rd world country

TSI Jonathan
Premium Member
join:2011-08-24
Chatham, ON

TSI Jonathan

Premium Member

Very sorry aboout that BritanniaTec, I looked in the private forum and your thread is coming up. We've received many posts in the private forum in last 24 hours. Won't be much longer.

Thank you,

TSI Jonathan
sloooowdsl

sloooowdsl to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith
PM sent. Still no luck. And accessing this site on 3G mobile is so slooow.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

said by sloooowdsl:

PM sent. Still no luck. And accessing this site on 3G mobile is so slooow.

We just got an update from Rogers that there may still be an issue here and we have just sent it to our NOC. Stay tuned for updates.

Thanks,

Andre
sloooowdsl

sloooowdsl

Thanks. Communication through this site is tough as this particular site is very slow on my phone. Would appreciate direct email.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

Can you send me an email andre@teksavvy.com or PM me your email.

I will keep you in the loop
sloooowdsl

1 edit

sloooowdsl to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
Sorry double post.

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre to TSI Keith

Premium Member

to TSI Keith
sloooowdsl just confirmed with me that he is back online.. Anyone else seeing the same?

Thanks,

Andre
BritanniaTec
Ottawa, ON

BritanniaTec

nope, the connection is dead here

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

said by BritanniaTec:

nope, the connection is dead here

:/ I just poked internally. Ill see what I get from them
Travis4
Kanata, ON

Travis4 to TSI Keith

to TSI Keith
I just got back online around 5 minutes ago in Kanata.
kanata000

kanata000 to TSI Andre

to TSI Andre
I am back online but I am still MAC locked. I reset the modem, etc... DHCP doesn't work with other MAC addresses.

Also, I'm still being allocated a 198.84.x.x IP address. Is this a typical Teksavvy IP, or should I be getting something from the 24.x.x.x range?

TSI Keith
Premium Member

TSI Keith to TSI Andre

Premium Member

to TSI Andre
I just got report of a customer who is not only back online, but online properly WITH a 198.x IP!!

Hopefully things are looking up now.

BritanniaTec, with your signal levels being out we need to wait for the scheduled tech visit to resolve you issue. With that being said if the outage is clearing then you should not have any further issues after that appointment
kanata000

kanata000

said by TSI Keith:

I just got report of a customer who is not only back online, but online properly WITH a 198.x IP!!

Yeah, but what about the MAC issue?

TSI Andre
Premium Member
Chatham, ON

TSI Andre

Premium Member

said by kanata000:

said by TSI Keith:

Yeah, but what about the MAC issue?

I just asked Danielle to communicate with you. More than likely will be on your Direct post.

TSI Danielle
Premium Member
join:2012-05-31

TSI Danielle to kanata000

Premium Member

to kanata000
Hi Kanata000,

I see you've already got a thread going on the direct forum. We'll continue troubleshooting the mac lock there so we're not hijacking this thread.

Danielle