uniqs
share rss forum feed

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5
reply to Sparty

Re: Terrible Ping

Ottawa issues are not speed/ping related. It is instead an issue with being unable to surf due to IP not routing.

If you are having issues with speeds/ping times and have not already contacted us please post in the direct forum: »TekSavvy Direct so we can look into this for you
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )

arth33

join:2008-06-04
K1X1M4
reply to TSI Keith

Re: Current Outage Report/Update for 10/16

I'm still down. I've powered cycled a couple of times now and I'm still not picking up an IP address. I'm in Ottawa on the St. Laurent POI. For me though, it all only started last night. I guess my DHCP lease expired.

[I have opened a ticket up in the TekDirect forum].

TSI Andre
Got TekSavvy?
Premium,VIP
join:2008-06-03
Chatham, ON
kudos:24
Let me get someone on that right away for you.

arth33

join:2008-06-04
K1X1M4
I'm back up now. I was down for about 14 hours, but then suddenly I came back online while I was at work. So all's good in Ottawa. Thanks Andre.

ry29

join:2010-05-12

1 edit
reply to TSI Keith

Re: Current Outage Report/Update for 10/18

Update: Now resolved

Down today in Ottawa (Richmond poi). DCM475 is stuck:

PC Connectivity:
USB: N/A
Ethernet: 1G BaseT
USB VendID: N/A
MAC Address:

Cable Signal: Ready
Tuning: Complete
Ranging: Complete
Data Service: Connecting...
Connecting: In progress...... (Step 3 of 5)
Configuring:
Registering:

Current State: IPv4 in progress
Highest State Obtained: Connected (DHCP)

Configuration Parameters:
Computers Allowed by Service Provider: Unknown
Computers Detected by Modem: 0

Power cycled a few times...

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
Reviews:
·TekSavvy Cable
·WIND Mobile
Where are you located in Ottawa ... both West half POIs are on Richmond Rd!

If you're in West Ottawa, it's always a good idea to indicate your neighbourhood location to avoid this confusion. If you know you're on Rogers Richmond Rd. head end in Westboro please append Westboro to a reference to Richmond Rd.

If you know you're on Richmond Rd Fallowfield, call it that!

Then nobody has to write these questions

Cheers!

ry29

Okay, but if I was on the fallowfield poi, I'd write just that, no? I didn't say road...

Anyways, issue is now resolved, it came back around 11am. I apologize for not updating post.

sbrook
Premium,Mod
join:2001-12-14
Ottawa
kudos:13
but to TekSavvy, Fallowfield is also known as Richmond Rd. (with a high street number)

Fallowfield is close to the village of Richmond just to confuse things further!

ry29

Definitely confusing.
I also received the new 198.* address as well, and back to a 7 day lease (was 30 minutes for awhile there)

Nemo888

join:2005-12-25
Canada
reply to TSI Keith
Finally Ottawa Richmond Rd seems to be ironing out all the network problems. Small outage between 3am and 5am Monday night but that has been all I've seen the last two weeks. For 6 months internet has been very unreliable on this POI.

Peak DL is significantly faster.

Keeping my fingers crossed that I can quit grumbling.

But time for the bad news. The Rogers building in Westboro where the POI is(was?) located is being torn down to build condos.

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
that's great news!

that does make me think though that we may need to re-asses our capacity if there was significant node congestion issues. The net result is that now there may be more load on our back-haul links that we couldn't see and couldn't plan for since we didn't know it was there or when they'd fix it or how much it represented...

I'll take a look and see if anything needs to be done. this is just one more factor of how easily capacity planning can be thrown off despite our best intentions.

anyway, I know you really don't want to heat that but I promise you I'm doing everything we can to avoid any future such problems....
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

TSI Marc
Premium,VIP
join:2006-06-23
Chatham, ON
kudos:28
I just checked, looks like whatever node issues there were, were not wide spread and we did not see any major spike since those upgrades.. our capacity is fine and planning wise will have more capacity on order very shortly. I believe we're safe...
--
Marc - CEO/TekSavvy

creed3020
Premium
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON
kudos:2
reply to TSI Keith
For the benefit of the Quebec users was the new link with Videotron installed or not? I can't recall seeing any updates about that.

Hemish

join:2012-05-31
Riviere-Du-Loup, QC
said by creed3020:

For the benefit of the Quebec users was the new link with Videotron installed or not? I can't recall seeing any updates about that.

Check this thread : »Quebec Cable - Slow Speeds (vCable)

It was supposed to be installed on the 25th after a few delays and Videotron encountered some issues yesterday. No real other news or ETA since the update from Teksavvy in that other thread.

It's pretty horrible in the evenings. I gave up doing anything that requires streaming/download for a few weeks now.

TSI Keith
Premium
join:2012-07-09
kudos:5
reply to creed3020
Thank you Hemish.

Yes, that other thread is the best place for an update on the speed issues for Quebec Cable. Last word is that the link was supposed to go live yesterday and has been delayed to today.
--
TSI Keith (E-Services) - TekSavvy Solutions Inc.
Authorized TSI employee ( »TekSavvy FAQ »Official support in the forum )