This is a sub-selection from on the customer side
chances14
join:2010-03-03
Michigan

chances14 to C0deZer0

to C0deZer0

Re: on the customer side

said by C0deZer0:

I don't get how swo many people seem to claim that they could still use a near-10-year-old cell phone here and there, while I know in my case I've never had a single phone survive even the full two years of a contract.

that's because most phones nowadays are junk and aren't made to last more than 2 years. dumbphones tend to be more durable.

going on 4 years with my current dumbphone. i refuse to pay for the mandatory data package required to get a smartphone

C0deZer0
Oc'D To Rhythm And Police
Premium Member
join:2001-10-03
Tempe, AZ

C0deZer0

Premium Member

that's just it... I've been using mobile phones for over ten years now, and havne't had a single phone - smart or dumb - from any carrier that has either:
•Survived two full years of use
•Survived and been considered usable afterward
So many phones after even the first year just seem to magically stop having as good a reception, nevermind battery life.

Sad as it is, I wouldn't be surprised if they were all programmed in the firmware level to basically stop trying to get a signal after day 366 of use. all so these contract providers can mandate you to either sign on for an additional two years, or pay $800 for even their basic phones.
« End of which year?
This is a sub-selection from on the customer side