PowerMac
join:2011-03-02
Anaheim, CA

1 edit

1 recommendation

PowerMac to txx

to txx

Re: roadrunner turbo with sb5101 ?

I recently activated my Moto SB5101U. Im sure they can upgrade to Turbo plan. My customer service representative kept pressuring me to bump up to Turbo plan for $10 more and I have to say NO many time.

Anyway, Im sure you can get Turbo with your SB5101

txxx
@rr.com

txxx

Anon

said by PowerMac:

I recently activated my Moto SB5101U. Im sure they can upgrade to Turbo plan. My customer service representative kept pressuring me to bump up to Turbo plan for $10 more and I have to say NO many time.

Anyway, Im sure you can get Turbo with your SB5101

well i just finished activating my sb5101 and the tech told me my area needs docsis 3.0 for rr turbo ..

but while i was activating the modem, i was asked if my modem was docsis 2.0 or 3.0 and the model number..

i guess i could lie, tell them i have an sb6141 docsis 3.0 and it -might- work..

hobgoblin
Sortof Agoblin
Premium Member
join:2001-11-25
Orchard Park, NY

hobgoblin

Premium Member

Any future speed enhancements to Turbo will probably take it into a need for D3. Please dont come back and moan that you were misled into buying a D2 modem.

Its better to be ahead of the curve instead of behind it.

Hob

txe
@rr.com

txe

Anon

>time warner cable
>speed enhancements

hahaha, that's a good one..

anyhow, why spend $130 to buy an inflated priced sb6141 that has no turbo boost when i can just buy an sb5101 for $16 off ebay all while enjoying the same speeds AND turbo boost

kilrathi
Premium Member
join:2005-04-22
Rockaway Park, NY

kilrathi

Premium Member

Interesting, I thought sb5101 wasnt on approved list but I see I am blind looking at the list now.