share rss forum feed

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

2 recommendations

The Walking Dead

Just a heads up that the season starts tomorrow night.
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1

Yeah thanks for that.

I was looking in the Media Center guide the other day and it seems they are running a marathon. Flipping through “The Walking Dead” marathon in the guide I came across the premiere which wasn’t set to record for some odd reason. So I setup the series recording and am good to go.

A cautionary tale,….

A heads-up is always welcome!

I think I’ll setup a redundant recording,…just to be sure,…

Alcohol
Premium
join:2003-05-26
Climax, MI
kudos:4
reply to Voxxjin

Hopefully this season can't be described in 10 words of less.
--
I found the key to success but somebody changed the lock.

Gremeaunk49

join:2012-10-03
Toronto, ON

Lol.. yeah hope so!

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
reply to Voxxjin

I think I'll watch this on the DVR and watch Boardwalk Empire "live" so I can FF through the interminable commercials on AMC.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Voxxjin

I can't W8,.....

ebgbjo
Sewing is cheaper than therapy
Premium
join:2007-09-14
USA
reply to Voxxjin

So irked about who got the ax...literally. Grrr

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink

I liked the episode overall. For me the episode went fast. A lot of action. Carl sure has seemed to grow since last season. Kinda disappointed they didn't talk much about Michonne's past but that may happen in the future.

I liked the way they took over the outer courtyard, though I might have tried to kill all the zombies with the crowbar through the fence method to save ammo.

The whole ankle biter thing bugs me. So this zombie just sat around and didn't move the first time they walked by? Just waiting for someone to walk right next to it?

The zombies in riot gear were interesting.

Also at the end, the other convicts seemed really surprised to see people. Did they not hear the shooting from the day before?

Also interesting thought regarding baby that dies within its mother. Does it become undead? And if it does does it eat the mom from the inside?

--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

said by Voxxjin:

I liked the episode overall. For me the episode went fast. A lot of action. Carl sure has seemed to grow since last season. Kinda disappointed they didn't talk much about Michonne's past but that may happen in the future.

(spoiler)

I haven’t seen the episode yet. However,…..

In the book, about the time they entered the prison, they did explain that there were different types of walkers. Ones that will actively go after you and others that are fairly immobile until you get too close.

I believe it was Glen that came up with a method of killing Zombies through the fence but it was with a hammer and a knife if I recall correctly. With the first attempt he lost the knife when the zombie fell back.

In the book the convicts seemed surprised yet happy to see survivors.

As for stillborns, I suppose the writers could go any way they want with this. One could argue that the placenta protects the fetus from quite a bit of potential threats. Therefore exposure to the infectious agent may only occur after birth (alive or dead). At which point the infant would become a zombie. Or as you said, it could become a zombie before being born.

Omega
Displaced Ohioan
Premium
join:2002-07-30
Denver, CO

Thank you, that clears up the immobile zombie issue.
--
What smells like blue?

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY
reply to Voxxjin

The first episode was pretty good, as usual.
I hope the next few episodes are as good.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Omega

said by Omega:

Thank you, that clears up the immobile zombie issue.

kinda, then i would have expected them to know enough to make sure the body on the ground was officially dead.
--

lotusracer
Premium
join:1999-11-26
Moline, IL
Reviews:
·Mediacom
reply to Voxxjin

wow, nearly 11 million people tuned in for the first episode!

'Walking Dead' Season 3 premiere devours cable ratings records

»blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox···rds.html
--
Humanity - The greatest natural disaster of all time.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Voxxjin

said by Voxxjin:

Carl sure has seemed to grow since last season.

The whole episode i was expecting him to walk off and get lost or do something stupid. seems like a completely different show now.
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to lotusracer

said by lotusracer:

wow, nearly 11 million people tuned in for the first episode!

'Walking Dead' Season 3 premiere devours cable ratings records

»blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox···rds.html

pretty good since we (dish) don't even get that channel anymore.
--

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy

I read an article saying imagine how much more the numbers would be if it were on one of the big 3 networks.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Rob
In Deo speramus.
Premium
join:2001-08-25
Kendall, FL
kudos:2
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

I read an article saying imagine how much more the numbers would be if it were on one of the big 3 networks.

Probably would have had less viewers.
--
CheckSite.us | YourIP.us | Reverseip.us

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC

1 recommendation

reply to Fir_Na_Tine

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

That would never have happened since they (the Big 4 NBC, ABC, CBS and Fox) would have canceled it in the first season. I'm just glad to see that this show seems to have avoided pulling a Heroes with the second season.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

said by Varlik:

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

I'm just glad to see that this show seems to have avoided pulling a Heroes with the second season.

Not sure what you mean by that.

The Walking Dead being adapted from the books has a fairly well laid out and defined storyline. Since it hasn't deviated significantly from the books yet there is little reason to suspect that it would go off the rails.

For example, what happened to Hershel in the premiere last week actually happened to Dale who was still alive and with the group at this point in the book.

I’m sure there are some surprises though.

Varlik
Premium
Anderson, SC

'Pulling a Heroes' simply means having a new show that explodes on the scene. It's fun, captivating, and often fast paced. Then when the second season comes along it drags along with no real flow and sloppily comes together at the end in a big mess.

I know that The walking dead has an existing storyline. But well when money gets involved (Remember the hotter a show gets the more it's potential long term worth.) other powers tend to start meddling with the workings and Muck everything up.
--
"Sir SIR! We don't use DHCP servers. We only use IBM & Microsoft servers." From there my call to tech support went steadily downhill.

--Turn the lights down in your soul cut the power to your heart see the carcass in its dying rages.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

Well in that case the extended stay on the farm qualifies for what you are saying. In other words it arguably already happened to this series.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Voxxjin

One thing I don't get is, why don't they wear more clothes? Clearly the only way to get infected is to be bitten (or shot?). Why don't they double up on heavy clothing. That way it's harder for the zombies to get to the skin. They're wearing the same clothes 6 months later. Summer to winter? Take the shit off the zombies and wear it. You kill 600 of them an episode so there is plenty to choose from.
--

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast
reply to Fir_Na_Tine

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

They wouldn't get away with the gore and detailed makeup and the deaths. That's probably the only reason this show is popular. Sure as hell isn't cause of the acting.
--

Varlik
Premium
Anderson, SC
reply to Octavean

Somewhat but they still came together at the end. It wasn't IMO as bad as Heroes second season. I will say that it's the only non animation, cartoon, anime based show on my DVR list that I really look forward to as of late.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Alcohol

said by Alcohol:

One thing I don't get is, why don't they wear more clothes? Clearly the only way to get infected is to be bitten (or shot?). Why don't they double up on heavy clothing. That way it's harder for the zombies to get to the skin.

Oh I agree. I would probably be wearing thicker clothing or some sort of 'armor' whether it be football pads or fashioning actual metal bracers and such.
--

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy

said by Voxxjin:

said by Alcohol:

One thing I don't get is, why don't they wear more clothes? Clearly the only way to get infected is to be bitten (or shot?). Why don't they double up on heavy clothing. That way it's harder for the zombies to get to the skin.

Oh I agree. I would probably be wearing thicker clothing or some sort of 'armor' whether it be football pads or fashioning actual metal bracers and such.

I think they make mention of it in the last episode. You see them holding up the armor and helmets, Rick I think asks if they want to wear it and its all slimy and gooey. And Daryl says no way, and besides we've come this far without it.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI
Reviews:
·Comcast

said by Fir_Na_Tine:

said by Voxxjin:

said by Alcohol:

And Daryl says no way, and besides we've come this far without it.

That's some dumb logic. Especially considering how many people they've lost. Poor writing.
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Varlik

said by Varlik:

Somewhat but they still came together at the end. It wasn't IMO as bad as Heroes second season.

Which is why I said arguably. I think it came together at the end of last season too (for the most part) but I’m guessing not everyone would agree. I might just have gotten a little too caught up in the barn fire scene which was great. I do think they tried to cover a little too much in that last episode of the last season though.

IMO, Heroes had nowhere to go after the first season. It seemed to me like they just rebooted the show and somehow managed to make it significantly less interesting overall.

said by Alcohol:

One thing I don't get is, why don't they wear more clothes? Clearly the only way to get infected is to be bitten (or shot?). Why don't they double up on heavy clothing. That way it's harder for the zombies to get to the skin. They're wearing the same clothes 6 months later. Summer to winter? Take the shit off the zombies and wear it. You kill 600 of them an episode so there is plenty to choose from.

You might want to go back and watch the last episode of last season. They already covered this subject somewhat.

As always, don’t read the redacted bits if you don’t want to know the answer to your question but,…

Rick explained that when they were in the CDC, Doctor Jenner revealed to him that any death results in becoming a zombie regardless of how you died. Therefore presumably they have all been exposed to something worldwide. The only way around this fate is a death involving damage to the head similar to a zombie kill. Being bitten by a zombie is fatal but all non-head injury related deaths results in becoming a zombie.

There clues to this in that season leading up to the reveal.

This is also why in the premiere Lori, Rick’s Wife, was telling Hershel that she was worried about her unborn baby being stillborn, becoming a zombie and eating his / her way out.

That’s the TV series version. In the book they found out at the prison due to a series of none zombie related deaths whereby the victims came back as zombies.

As for the clothing question, the group started to use prison uniforms of which there were many or at least this was the case in the book. Naturally the prison guard riot gear we have already seen was and will be used to help protect them when dealing with zombies.

Alcohol
Premium
Climax, MI

Since if you're read the books, i'm curious. Does it have an ending? I don't want to know what it is, just that it has one.
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY

No ending so far. I just bought issue 103 on my iPad a few minutes ago.