Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to ebgbjo

Re: The Walking Dead

said by ebgbjo:

And why are there rarely any children or baby zombies??

There have been a few in the herds, but your point is well taken, and I suspect that when a baby or small child gets caught by zombies that there isn't enough left of them to crawl around.

I recall one scene from a previous season when they were on the highway scavenging through all of the abandoned cars and came across a blood-soaked child seat.
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY
kudos:1
reply to ebgbjo
said by ebgbjo:

And why are there rarely any children or baby zombies??

The first zombie I remember seeing in the series episode one scene one was a little girl,….with a stuffed animal. Rick called to her thinking she needed help and upon seeing she was a zombie shot her in the head.

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
reply to Voxxjin
Who do we think was on the phone?!
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
Do you really want to know,…..?

In the book it was Lori or rather a figment of Rick’s imagination signaling a mental fracture or breakdown. They let it go on a bit before revealing that though. The reality of it was that the phones didn’t work so there was no way someone could be on the other line.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
said by Octavean:

Do you really want to know,…..?

In the book it was Lori or rather a figment of Rick’s imagination signaling a mental fracture or breakdown. They let it go on a bit before revealing that though. The reality of it was that the phones didn’t work so there was no way someone could be on the other line.

Heh:

"Hi, this is Lori. I'm still inside that zombie's stomach. Why did you stab me?
--
Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
Awww, ewwww,….LOL

I was eating when I read that,…

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Voxxjin
I felt sure they would find a baby zombie or kid zombies when darryl and Maggie went on a milk run.

I am happy we got to see Michonne flex her muscles and see her in action.

As for the phone....
--
Cry "Havoc!" and let slip the dogs of war

djlar

join:2009-04-23
Mmmmmm grilled possum.. arrggghhh!

Silvanos
It's a new Silvanos experience
Premium
join:2002-10-07
Tonawanda, NY
reply to Voxxjin
I forgot all about the phone until the show...

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Voxxjin
Indeed, I’m glad to see Michonne use her katana and make some quick work of some zombies. I’m also glad to see her leave Woodbury. The Woodbury story arc has been something of a disappointment for me since it seems so comparatively tame.

Overall I have found Andrea very tedious in this segment of the season. She is completely clueless, ineffectual and useless. Nothing but dead weight, although I suspect the zombie fight club (which was nice to finally see) was a bit of a wakeup call for her.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
The whole zombie fight club thing to me is very weird. Just odd to me that so many would watch and be cheering.

I am still wondering what the experiment is that the one guy is doing that he wanted he power for.

Andrea has bugged me for a long time. In season 1 she drove me nuys because she wanted to die after her sister did. Then she seemed to side with Shane a lot. Now she seems to like Woodbury but as you said the fight club might have woken her up/slapped her back to reality.
--

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Octavean
said by Octavean:

So one grave was likely for Lori (though there didn’t seem to be much of her left to bury) and one grave would have been for T-Dog. So who was the third grave for

Seems odd they would have dug a hole for Lori since by my logic, her body should still have been in the prison. Rick is the only one who has gone back into that area and we know Carl and maggie didn't drag her body out.

Also Carol's body has never been found to my knowledge, so again what were they burying?
--

Varlik
Without Honor You Will Never Be Free
Premium
join:2002-01-06
Anderson, SC
reply to Voxxjin
I obviously missed it but who let the zombies into the prison after they cleared it? Did the one prisoner that Rick told "If I was you I'd start running" as he locked the gate, survive? It obviously wasn't the other two prisoners he let live or they'd be dead by now.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
Well there were still zombies in the prison, other parts of the prison. They had cleared their area and secured the entrances. But yeah the other prisoner (I call him fastfood) broke open a gate or two that let the zombies into the area. If I remember right he had even left a trail of 'treats' for the zombies to follow to that area.
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
The convict saboteur was named “Andrew” and the convict that tried to kill Rick repeatedly was named “Tomas”.

In the book one of the convict was a serial killer so there was a series of unexplained deaths (all of which became incapacitated zombies) before the culprit was ferreted out. I don’t think there is enough people left in the prison to kill off in this manner though unless Carol is such a victim.

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
reply to Voxxjin
I'm thinking Carol is with someone. Remember when she was being watched practicing Cesarean section on the dead zombie? Maybe that is another person who we haven't met yet hiding out in another part of the prison. During that sequence it also looks like they are in the woods hiding behind some bushes looking towards the prison. Maybe someone came in and got her. I don't think it was the convict Andrew.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

djlar

I thought that was Andrew spying.. but maybe now... we'll see

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Fir_Na_Tine
said by Fir_Na_Tine:

I'm thinking Carol is with someone. Remember when she was being watched practicing Cesarean section on the dead zombie? Maybe that is another person who we haven't met yet hiding out in another part of the prison. During that sequence it also looks like they are in the woods hiding behind some bushes looking towards the prison. Maybe someone came in and got her. I don't think it was the convict Andrew.

Interesting. I had just assumed that the watcher had been Andrew. Maybe not.

I still don't understand why they would have dug graves for Lori and Carol if they don't have the bodies.
--

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Voxxjin
Well I’m assuming they knew where Lori’s body was and where T-Dog’s body was. Still, T-Dog went down trying to delay two or more zombies and it only took one zombie to consume Lori so there shouldn’t have been much of him left either.

I’m just perplexed by the necessity of a third grave.

Still don’t know what happened to Carol whether she is MIA, dead, turned into a Walker or if she is OK.

I know in the book she died in a fairly significant way that was kind of sick and said. She was having a mental breakdown and was looking for diversions / affection. She propositioned Lori, whom she was close, with a threesome (with Rick). She wanted to be something of a second wife to Rick. After being rejected and having recently ending a relationship with a boyfriend she walked over to a captive walker they had chained in the prison courtyard in a deluded state asking if it loved her.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
reply to Voxxjin
So we learned the following this week:
Rick is nuts
Carol is alive
Andrea is a slut
Merle is scared of Michonne
And the group trusts the big convict dude enough to have a gun.

So I have a question regarding the end of the show How did Michonne find the prison?
--

beavercable
Premium
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR
We also learned that zombie entrails is good camo. As for her finding the prison i'm guessing she was able to back track Glen and Maggies car. She is an urban ninja after all. You saw she killed two of Merle's gang.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY
Reviews:
·Verizon FiOS
reply to Voxxjin
Voxxjin:

She over heard them talking about the location, wouldn't be too hard to find it if you knew the area well enough or had access to a map.

Beavercable:

we learned that in the first season I think when Rick was in the city and walked around with the kid in Zombie guts. They were okay until the rain started washing the guts away.

Which makes me wonder -- why not drive a car with Zombie bodies bolted on the car?

--
1/22/2012 Delegate Count
Newt 25 | Romney 14 | Ron Paul 10 | Santorum 8

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
said by PhoenixDown:

Voxxjin:

She over heard them talking about the location, wouldn't be too hard to find it if you knew the area well enough or had access to a map.

I must have missed that. I don't recall them saying anything about the prison.
--

Fir_Na_Tine
Giggity Giggity
Premium
join:2001-01-03
Sout Joisy
said by Voxxjin:

said by PhoenixDown:

Voxxjin:

I must have missed that. I don't recall them saying anything about the prison.

When they were in front of the store getting supplies right before Merle showed up they were talking how it was a straight shot from the prison to the store. So I guess she just back tracked. Plus she could have found a map and looked for a prison or as said before she might have known the area.

One I was surprised at was the look on her face when she discovered the zombies walking past her because she has entrails on her. She was surprised. I thought she would have known that already because isn't that the reason she kept her "pets"?

Can't wait for next weeks episode. Do you think we'll lose anyone?I think Merle, Maggie, Glen or the Governor might get it. Although that sly Andrea would be a better choice.

Also I agreed with something they said during the Talking Dead. That theres more fear of the living now than of the dead.
--
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
-Jimi Hendrix

djlar

reply to Voxxjin
She can follow back the tire tracks from the truck and voila... not much to think here..

beavercable
Premium
join:2008-05-11
Beaverton, OR
reply to PhoenixDown
I absolutely agree with you Phoenix. The should have found a green van and used zombie parts to spell "Mystery Machine"

Octavean
Premium,MVM
New York, NY
reply to Voxxjin
I liked the “Go Back” part,…..

It doesn’t make sense that the Governor or Merle would let Michonne just leave even for show. The reasoning there is that Michonne would then know the location of Woodbury and could backtrack alone or in force. If I recall correctly Andrea and Michonne were brought into Woodbury blindfolded so they didn’t know the exactly location. Letting either of them go defeats the purpose of those precautions. The only reasonably safe way to let them leave would be to take them blindfolded back to the location of the downed helicopter.

It does give some credibility to the reasoning of hunting Michonne down though and the Governor presumably satiating his affinity for severed heads naturally wants Michonne’s head in his tank.

Now that Glenn and Maggie are at Woodbury maybe we’ll see some of the brutality that was depicted in the books.

Its good to see Michonne finally get to the gates of the prison. I’ll expect there will be some trust issues at first but once they compare notes about Glenn, Maggie, Andrea and Merle that should be short lived.

Its good to see Carol is still alive.

Still not sure why they needed three graves,….

Jackarino
YacCity
Premium
join:2006-12-28
Allendale, NJ
They needed three graves b/c they thought Carol wasn't alive
--
Romney - Ryan 2012
Christie 2016

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium
Dupont, WA
Reviews:
·CenturyLink
said by Jackarino:

They needed three graves b/c they thought Carol wasn't alive

I think Octavean was referring to my comment about digging three graves. Why DIG three graves when you only have one body. For the missing bodies, why dig the grave as opposed to just putting a grave marker?
--

Grail Knight

Premium
join:2003-05-31
Valhalla
kudos:6
The empty graves is just them paying their respect even without a body.
--
"Paranoia, the destroyer"