Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
join:2010-01-13
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Re: The Walking Dead

It is gonna be real interesting next week for the mid season finale.

Octavean
MVM
join:2001-03-31
New York, NY

Octavean to Voxxjin

MVM

to Voxxjin

OK, so they did get a little more aggressive in this episode with the beating of Glenn but there was no brutal rape scene and no one lost so much as a digit. So I think they phoned it in a little there.

I also felt like they were spinning their wheels with the “Mr. Coleman” turning experiment (maybe that was the experiment he wanted the power for or something like it?). The same for the groups advancement on Woodbury being impeded by a small herd of walkers as well as anything to do with Andrea and the Governor (which is incredibly tedious IMO).

Its still entertaining but it just feels a little watered down.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

I hear ya on what you have said. Some of it was probably just added filler because they needed some additional air time to take up the space between then and the mid season finale.

who was carl talking about in the trailer when he says "you have to leave her"?

Also have any of you watched the webisodes "Cold Storage"? I haven't yet. Is it any good?

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
join:2003-06-08
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

Cold Storage was okay... worth watching if you have time and need a zombie fix but nothing you need to rush out and see right now.

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Glen has turned out to be quite the bad ass. He was awesome in this episode and would have never given anyone up.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
The scene where Carol saw the baby for the first time and, without one word being spoken, her exchange with Rick when she immediately realized that Lori was dead, rivaled Lori's farewell to Carl for emotion and intensity.

Most of the acting in this series is top notch, and they do such a good job of getting you invested in the main characters.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Since this tread is primarily about the latest episode -I'm wondering if we an add spoiler to the thread title and stop using them here on the thread since you can't see te text on a mobile device.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

What are you on an iPad,…?

If so, just highlight the redacted text and copy it. Then past it in ”Notes”. It should be legible there,….

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

which would be a huge pain when nearly every other post has spoiler text

Rook008
Miles To Go
Premium Member
join:2002-02-05
Far Rockaway, NY

Rook008

Premium Member

That's a good point.

Does anyone here actually check this thread even if they haven't seen the episode?

Omega
Premium Member
join:2002-07-30
Golden, CO

Omega

Premium Member

Honestly, it is what we should do. Put spoilers in the title, stop doing it in the text. I typically do not watch the episodes on Sunday. (I spread Walking Dead/Dexter/Homeland throughout the week). Since I do this, I simply do not check this thread until I watch it because I expect spoilers. It's simply common sense.

SixOfNine
Brake In A Ladylike Manner.
Premium Member
join:2001-08-30
Sterling, VA

SixOfNine

Premium Member

said by Omega:

Honestly, it is what we should do. Put spoilers in the title, stop doing it in the text. I typically do not watch the episodes on Sunday. (I spread Walking Dead/Dexter/Homeland throughout the week). Since I do this, I simply do not check this thread until I watch it because I expect spoilers. It's simply common sense.

That's what I do, too -- it makes sense to watch one of the premium channel shows "live" and put Walking Dead on the DVR, especially with the latter's endless commercials.

I also don't open this thread until I have watched the latest episode. Maybe we all should just agree to stop using spoiler tags from this point forward.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to Voxxjin

MVM

to Voxxjin
Personally I don't care either way I'm good.

However, I think it would be prudent to ask the OP and perhaps the Mod to change the title of the thread to include spoilers rather then to just do whatever,....

I'll use spoiler tags until such time as this is sorted correctly,.....I've been burned before and I consider myself a model BBR / DSLR member,....

Breadstick
@sbcglobal.net

Breadstick

Anon

I can't wait for the show tonight. The governor suspects they might come looking for Glenn and Maggie, but he has no idea they're already outside and know for sure Glenn and Maggie are in there. And, Rick & Crew have already been prepped as to the silver tongued Jim Jones nature of the governor. They've also been making it seem like everyone inside the town is basically weak compared with Rick & Crew who have become stone cold lightning fast killers. Heck, I'd put money down on Carl against anyone from that town. Which by the way - the whole thing about Carl's pubs coming in and him getting the hots for the younger sister is annoying. No way he'd have a chance with that girl. Only messed up psycho women go for younger guys. lol

The whole zombie guts thing reminds me of that torture scene in prison break where the dude is explaining how a body will shut down and you'll die after prolonged exposure to rotting flesh. That was Gretchen (sp?) early in the last season I think. I imagine being next to the bucket of guts would be bad, but spilling it on you like in this show would be unbearable.

The big question is... will the screw us with a big cliff hanger for 3/4 of a year, or will they sum up this season at the end like they did last season.

I can't take anymore. Having to wait until freaking March for the last episode of Grimm is bad enough. Although even though only 13 episodes are listed, that has always been a 20 episode show per season and maybe the other 7 episodes just haven't been listed back. At least they said "We're sorry" at the end of the last one.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin to Octavean

Premium Member

to Octavean
I avoid reading things until after I have seen the show. So it doesn't bother me to use/not use spoiler tags.

Its the last episode of the season so lets just leave it the way it is and when we start a new thread for part 2 of the seaon, we can put a warning in the title.

Personally I think spoilers are for information that hasn't happened yet. Say for example a plot twist for next season or for an episode that hasn't aired yet. For an episode that has already aired it shouldn't matter. I know we keep putting the tags in to be nice and not to spoil it for each other but if the episode has aired then don't read the thread until after seeing the episode.

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2 to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Best episode of the season.

Fir_Na_Tine
Time to get riggity riggity wrecked son
Premium Member
join:2001-01-03
South Jersey

Fir_Na_Tine to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Seems like there can only be one black man in the group at a time

Good way to end the first half of the season. A cliff hanger but none of the main characters died. Curious to see if Daryl and Merle can somehow get out alive, only if Andrea decided to help them maybe. And what would Merle do after if they did.

Loved the Michonne/Gov fight scene, glad she made it out too. She is my fav for sure.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

Oh yeah! Hell of an episode.

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
The governor never let's a good crisis go to waste! You could see the fury in his eye at Merle for lying to him about Michone. I hope he rejoins Rick and the crew but I don't think he will make it.

About the Governor -- I know in the books he is far more demented but in the tv series, he's definitely not a good guy - but he doesn't seem as genuinely evil.

Carl also grew a pair this episode. He can be quite clever it seems (Esp his remark in the preview for the next episode)

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

Voxxjin

Premium Member

said by PhoenixDown:

You could see the fury in his eye at Merle for lying to him about Michone.

Wow I had forgotten that merle had told him that she was dead. I thought he was singling him out because of Darryl.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean

MVM

I was a little distracted during the final scene because of bloopers or rather inconsistencies,…..I’m sure others picked up on it. If I re-watch it I’ll try and ignore it to better get a feel of the acting.

Omega
Premium Member
Golden, CO

Omega

Premium Member

said by Octavean:

I was a little distracted during the final scene because of bloopers or rather inconsistencies,…..I’m sure others picked up on it. If I re-watch it I’ll try and ignore it to better get a feel of the acting.

Can you elaborate?

Anyway I though the episode was great. I watched most of it standing up cause it was so suspenseful. Also, is the black guy the guy from the first season?

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown

Premium Member

I don't recall seeing the son i... . Went googling around because I've been wondering about Morgan and his son Duane for a while now and rumors are they are supposed to come back (or at least Morgan is) this season)

Omega
Premium Member
Golden, CO

Omega to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
Also is the youngest guy in the new group mentally retarded? It seems like he hasn't adapted well to the new environment.

Voxxjin
Made of Hamburger
Premium Member
Dupont, WA

1 edit

Voxxjin to Omega

Premium Member

to Omega
said by Omega:

Also, is the black guy the guy from the first season?

No the guy in the last episode was Tyreese.
A real spoiler: Morgan is rumored to appear sometime in season 3

WK2
Premium Member
join:2006-12-28
united state

WK2

Premium Member

Yeah buddy

PhoenixDown
FIOS is Awesome
Premium Member
Fresh Meadows, NY

PhoenixDown to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
For anyone reading the actual comics, are they in black and white or color? It looks like the trade paper backs are in B&W.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

Octavean to Omega

MVM

to Omega
said by Omega:

said by Octavean:

Can you elaborate?

Anyway I though the episode was great. I watched most of it standing up cause it was so suspenseful. Also, is the black guy the guy from the first season?

Sure,…

The last scene with the Governor at the end looked like it was edited from at least three distinctly different takes. The first one I'll call the "baseline" (bandage firmly in place over clean gauze patch) and the second I'll call the "slip" (clean gauze patch over the eye is positioned noticeably lower then before). Finally the last one I'll call "over zealous makeup artist" (red tinge was added to the gauze patch).

I enjoyed the episode as well though. I really liked the opening scene as well as the closing scene,….and just about everything else in between,….

Omega
Premium Member
Golden, CO

Omega to Voxxjin

Premium Member

to Voxxjin
said by Voxxjin:

said by Omega:

Also, is the black guy the guy from the first season?

No the guy in the last episode was Tyreese.
A real spoiler: Morgan is rumored to appear sometime in season 3

He was in The Wire. That is why I recognized him. I just couldn't remember if it was walking dead or another show.

Octavean
MVM
New York, NY

1 edit

Octavean to Voxxjin

MVM

to Voxxjin
Tyreese is a well known character in the books. I wont go into any real detail unless someone wants to know more. However, I’ll just say that in the book, Tyreese (and his group) originally met up with Rick (and his group) while they were on the road. This is when Rick’s group were still living out of the Winnebago and were transitioning from Hershel’s farm (due to a falling out) but had not yet found the prison. So Tyreese helped clear the prison.

Tyreese’s group consisted of his daughter and his daughter’s boyfriend. If there were others I forget their relation and significance.

Morgan is currently an active character / group member in the book so it makes sense that he would make an appearance in the show at some point. It feels way too early for that in the show since a lot still should happen before he reappears. However, Tyreese seems very late so events are somewhat out of order